• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft II - The second patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Blizzard has yet again blessed their newest game with a patch. It promises to fix the annoying technical hitches with campaign achievements not appearing when they should and also an apparent bug some people were having with single player mode. Still no sign of balance or content changes....

However recently a leak has hinted that they are planning to overhaul the Starcraft II custom map system completely. What they have in store for us however only time can tell.
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Patch 1.0.2

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where campaign mission victories would not always trigger properly.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were unable to access single-player features.

Level 21
Sweet. I seen my brother play the Campaign for it and I personally liked the achievement part.

Also is there any way too play the Protoss for test in multiplayer or is there a limitless acces?

Level 19
It has been confirmed by Blizzard that they'll add a chat later.
Blizzard said:
Chat channels are something that will be added in a patch sometime after the initial release. The system will be based around groups, where you will be able to join public channels that are based around your interests. Also the system will include private chat channels (in plans for release in the first few months after the release), where you will be able to connect with your friends.

Source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/106470672

Level 5
Awesome news!

And really..the popularity thing is sooo stupid, I wish there could be a way to find maps by name or date or atleast something else then popularity.

Level 19
They'll add chat channels but if in expansion and if expansions comes next year, that would hurt. I read months ago they said they would add them few months after the release but that's unofficial.

I doubt it will take very long.
Fans are crying out loud for having a chat system.
They are highly dissapointed that Blizzard didn't include it.

Blizzard should patch the secret mission. I mean like the way you unlock it. It's stupid. You have to destroy a science facility somwhere on the map and pickup documents therefore unlocking secret mission. But! You can't unlock it after you beat the game...the hell is this?!?! I worked hard throughout the campaign and I don't want to do all that hard work again. I only keep one save and overwrite it every mission.

Level 11
They'll add chat channels but if in expansion and if expansions comes next year, that would hurt. I read months ago they said they would add them few months after the release but that's unofficial.
Yeah, they did state a few months ago (at least, someone from Blizzard mentioned it) that they were planning on adding "chat groups" (aka chat channels) in a big Bnet patch sometime after release. Ofc, haven't heard a word about it since then, so we have no way of knowing when/if this patch is actually coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.