• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.27b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely, thanks for supporting that, guys, yet where's your actual net value? Like, there's 3 pages of pure BUGS, not even talking about new things.
Nothing. Yet another year passed out. And some people so stubborn believing that something may return old players? trololo.
Way to kill the mood.

Just so you know: they seemed to have actually stealth-fixed some bugs that are NOT mentioned in the patchlog, for example, the command button stacking is gone (unfortunately, this also breaks our only method to hide the patrol and hold position commands).

So I guess they fixed a lot more stuff than just what is mentioned in the patchlog. Its up to us to find out what, though.

Level 19
Way to kill the mood.

Just so you know: they seemed to have actually stealth-fixed some bugs that are NOT mentioned in the patchlog, for example, the command button stacking is gone (unfortunately, this also breaks our only method to hide the patrol and hold position commands).

So I guess they fixed a lot more stuff than just what is mentioned in the patchlog. Its up to us to find out what, though.
fixing not broken stuff? lol
can't imagine more not-asked-for fix than ability to fucking hide icons. and it's now gone. wonderful!

Level 19
This is a huge change. Are you aware of a reason for this huge change? I heard some rumors back that Blizzard are hiring staff to work on "classic" Blizzard games, and I'm interpreting that as meaning they will add them to the Battle.net Client. Hopefully this change is a reflection on that. :p

Level 27
Getting SC2 modding back on track? I am busy with university at the moment but I REALLY need to create a bunch of tutorials just to showcase the full potential of the editor once I'm free.
never saw doom being in top-10 twitch games. just like heroes 3, thats cool game with many forkes, but barely catch 100+ players daily. u wish wc3 share the same fate?
Is Twitch top-10 the only metric that matters to you? I mean seriously, there were so many new competitive-centric games released over more than a decade - Overwatch, Heartstone, Counter-Strike: GO, Paragon, Dota 2, League of Legends - do you really expect a good albeit old title to remain afloat in top-10 for so long?! That's a very narrow scope, especially considering when even big recent releases like Battleborn get way less attention than these old titles, and yet the classics are still played to this day.

Does that mean that we can host files that are > 8mb on Battle.net now?
Yes, that's exactly what it means.

Level 27
gonna tell you that blizz doesnt even try while their worship slaves keep claiming their as gods. thats simple.
And... how is that going to help game become more popular? Don't you think people you call "worship slaves" may be the game's core fanbase and by disrupting any sort of visibility of active fanbase you'll just leave Blizzard convinced the game is dead for good and there's zero reason to bother with it?

Seriously, the Blizzard old game team is small. You can't deliver top notch quality control and high production pace when understaffed - just look at team Fortress 2 updates or any other project that while maintained is not company's priority and top income source anymore.

Level 19
And... how is that going to help game become more popular? Don't you think people you call "worship slaves" may be the game's core fanbase and by disrupting any sort of visibility of active fanbase you'll just leave Blizzard convinced the game is dead for good and there's zero reason to bother with it?

Seriously, the Blizzard old game team is small. You can't deliver top notch quality control and high production pace when understaffed - just look at team Fortress 2 updates or any other project that while maintained is not company's priority and top income source anymore.
yet doom been fetched to top-tier game by solo enthusiasts. wc3 have JNPG made purely by fans. chinese guys have their own editor with lua, blackjack and whores, even autocomplete BLP-factory now. and only Blizz can't do shit 'cause understaffed. ffs its silliest reason I even heard. There's many fans with aknowledge and even experience, how bout taking them to QA, or directly to code? NDA, w/e, to make finally game ready?

and all they do is silently watch out? I doubt they ever visit this place. As been said at forums of classic team, slow progress isn't killing wc3, silence of developers does.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Level 23

to add to this, there is most definitely only one classic games team, but there are at very least 5 classic games, even if we drop diablo 1 and wc1, we still have 3 games to maintain by single team of like what, 10 ppl? you(not you Tleno) cant and shouldnt expect them to be 24/7 sitting on wc3

Reactions: pyf
Level 19
to add to this, there is most definitely only one classic games team, but there are at very least 5 classic games, even if we drop diablo 1 and wc1, we still have 3 games to maintain by single team of like what, 10 ppl? you(not you Tleno) cant and shouldnt expect them to be 24/7 sitting on wc3
fine, so you just stated company thrown piece of shit onto shovel and drop it onto the fan because they dont care about those games. thats only reason you would split your workers between multiple projects at once. dont speak things you aren't aware of

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

I can't get this patch. For some reason i can't get any patch!

It say's that something(Which i can't remember right now) can't be found. But i'm pretty sure it is there.

II reinstaled the game but still nothing. A-little quick help please?

Level 25
I can't get this patch. For some reason i can't get any patch!

It say's that something(Which i can't remember right now) can't be found. But i'm pretty sure it is there.

II reinstaled the game but still nothing. A-little quick help please?
Well it helps if you describe the exact error message, right now you're just "My car broke down, help!", when one of your car tires are out of air.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Does it say the page cannot be found? In such a case then you might be IP banned from the Blizzard servers, usually as a result of a malicious attack coming from your IP range (can be anyone on your ISP caused it).

Try logging into BattleNet and getting it from there.

Some new GUI

• Wait for (Last played sound) to be 0.00 seconds from finished playing
  • -------- ------------------ --------
  • Countdown-Timer - Change the color of the time for (Last created timer window) to (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%) with 0.00% transparency
  • Environment - Change water tinting color to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
  • Environment - Set sky to Nichts
  • Environment - Set fog to style Linear, z-start 1000.00, z-end 8000.00, density 0.00 and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
  • Environment - Reset fog to default values
  • Environment - Create Blight for Player 1 (Red) across (Playable map area)
  • Environment - Create Blight for Player 1 (Red) from (Center of (Playable map area)) to a radius of 512.00
.. and actually more like

Victroy/Defeat action slightly changed (can now enable/disable boards at Victory)

Preload GUI actions

Some new actions under "Game" category

Hashtables function updates
Like getting HandleId from everything is possible now.

Move Rect support

>> !!! Pause on/off for Unit Expiraton Timers !!! <<

Unit orders to train/upgrade/research something

New functions added for boolean/real/strings/integers, also some useful.

===

I didn't read line by line, and probaly missed some, but there is definitly some changes done in GUI!

Edit:

common.j

constant integer JASS_MAX_ARRAY_SIZE = 1024
^hm?:s
wtf wtf wtf?

haven't really read more in common.j ...

Last edited:
Level 25
You sure, in standard editor?
Yeah I haven't updated to the latest patch and I have these gui functions too..

Some new GUI

• Countdown-Timer - Change the color of the time for (Last created timer window) to (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%) with 0.00% transparency
  • Environment - Change water tinting color to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
  • Environment - Set sky to Nichts
  • Environment - Set fog to style Linear, z-start 1000.00, z-end 8000.00, density 0.00 and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
  • Environment - Create Blight for Player 1 (Red) from (Center of (Playable map area)) to a radius of 512.00
  • Dz is Awesome
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Change the color of the time for (Last created timer window) to (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Environment - Set sky to Outland Sky
      • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) with the message: Defeat!

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

Does it say the page cannot be found? In such a case then you might be IP banned from the Blizzard servers, usually as a result of a malicious attack coming from your IP range (can be anyone on your ISP caused it).

Try logging into BattleNet and getting it from there.

And everyone else's.

Wc3x.mpq is never found. And it refuses to be found.

And i usually get hacked in battle.net so maybe i shouldn't work with Warcraft 3 at all if i can't even get patches.

Level 3
So does this mean, that modders can use high quality models for their custom games?

I do not know, if I have seen this job position before, but apparently they are looking for a Senior Artist for the classic games team: Senior Artist - Art/Animation/Sound

Does this mean, that we might see the possibility of HD remake in the future?

Reactions: pyf
Level 19
So does this mean, that modders can use high quality models for their custom games?

I do not know, if I have seen this job position before, but apparently they are looking for a Senior Artist for the classic games team: Senior Artist - Art/Animation/Sound

no, wc3 uses very old engine and may crash in case of polygon overflow

Level 12
Ever since the patch this is all I see in the Battle.net games list

C7x4N3i.jpg

Level 27
Possibly it worked by doing something unsafe?
Yeah that's a possibility but I wonder what, I mean, I'm kinda used to community discovering exploits and vulnerabilities long before Blizz does.

A single artist? I'm not sure if that's enough. Surely they can reassign some artists from other teams, but can't say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.