Warcraft III Alternate 2 (Night Elf Campaign): Path of the Kaldorei

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Warcraft III Alternate
193201-4d419ac6149992c5dadcc064782cc2d2.png

Night Elf Campaign: Path of the Kaldorei
Alternate version of "Path of the Damned", with swapped races
Play the original Reign of Chaos Undead campaign from a Night Elf perspective in an alternate, non-canon reality.
Some expansion units will also be available.
All players are race-swapped, including your allies and your enemies!
Play on Warcraft 3 version
1.31.1!

Inspired by Brood War Alternate. Previous parts: Exodus of the Alliance, Overgrowth of Lordaeron
Features: All Chapters and Interludes are included.
Dialogue changed to fit the swaps. Character names are kept the same, but their hero class is changed.
Same map concept, but with different available units as well as different enemies.
Switched tilesets. For example, Northrend is replaced by Ashenvale.
A bonus chapter will be added at a later date.

195121-e2a9a99d1f027b7a93ffd5c084ac7ee9.png

195122-22f949fc959420b529a1d14ab7c10cba.png
195123-3ae2c86b4d0434dfc6bf2bf83cf6db6f.png
195124-ec687b381c99bd4510389885620b5ef4.png
195125-665612bb6fdb46797ecd7a49f9664e73.png

This Campaign series contains some differences from the original Warcraft lore. They are:
- Dreadlords are Undead beings related to Gargoyles, not Demons.
- The word demon can refer to both Demonic/Fel beings like Doom Guards, and Shadow/Void beings like Void Walkers.
- Keepers/Dryads are not related to Night Elves

2021-10-11
- Campaign: Difficulty is displayed at the beginning of each chapter
- Campaign: New icon for Archimonde
- Chapter 8: Buffed Carrion Beetles and Destroyers
2021-09-13
- Campaign: Recall Targeting no longer shows non-player units.
- Chapter 5: Acquired hero now has Hero Glow.
- Chapter 8: Recall Targeting is removed correctly after the deselection
2021-07-12
- Campaign: You can now type -d in any chapter to check the difficulty setting.
2021-06-29
- Chapter 1: Fixed misspelling
- Chapter 6: Shadow Priests can no longer Mind Blast heroes
2021-06-28
- Campaign: First Release

Nothing at the moment

I have tested the maps quite a bit, but since I am the only one that tested them, it is possible that some bugs, glitches or unexpected behaviors might have slipped through my testing. If you find anything strange, you should report it here. Also, you can type -toggle or -t while playing the first chapter of the campaign to lock or unlock the buttons for accessing each chapter.
You can type -d in any chapter to check the difficulty.

Blizzard Entertainment - Original Campaign, ported assets
Magos - Model Editor
Shadow Daemon - Button Manager
Anonymous - Mdlvis
Beepo - WCII Gnomish Inventor
Retera - Disarm, Voidspawn Building Pack
Ujimasa Hojo - Footman, Lich, Undead Altar, Tomb of Relics, Human Tower, Tent, Hunter's Hall, Barracks, Elf Farm, Fountain, Gyrocopter, Mage Tower, Alchemist, Peasant, Militia, Paladin, Archmage, Sorceress, Warlord, Mercenary Camp
Kuhneghetz - Riderless Undead Horse
SinisterX - Blood Elf buildings
ILH - Mortar, Rocket Rain
Mister_Haudrauf - Sentry Icon
Nachtzwoelf - Keeper of the Grove (Autumn)
Iraccari - Necronage
Juice_F - RoyalGuard Arthas
UgoUgo - ShadowInfernal
AndrewOverload519 - Sylvan Enchantress
Mythic - Void Rain
Misha - High Lord Naj'entus
Bumhunter - Acolyte (Necrolord and Alchemist reskin)
Himperion - Female Blood Mage
34hrap - WC2 BTNHelicopter
Edge45 - Forsaken Catapult
Zeth - Skeleton Peasant
Weep - GUI-Friendly Damage Detection
Kola - High Lord Naj'entus Icon
Xetanth87 - Demon Hunter Arthas, Felsong Skin, Leaf Warden, Aether Gate Icon, Ballista Skin, Gnomish Arbiter Model and Skin (model from Ujimasa Hojo's optimized Gyrocopter Model), Dalaran Reject Acolyte reskin, Poisoned Branch Icon, Umbra Icon, Furion Wisp Portrait.

If I forgot your resource, tell me.

English (Alpha version):

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/J5guv3BHVc
If you want to support this project, you can help me by becoming my patron.
Previews
Contents

War3Alt2: Path of the Kaldorei (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
You start with Mana Burn and can only use it on very few units. Sylvanas' body should remain on the ground not dissipate in the conversion cinematic scene. She has no hero glow. How to add Hero Glow without Modeling Generally, a nice edit. Could...
Level 2
Interesting! I like beat UD. mountain + chimaera + hippogryph = invincible NE
So, where is the dryad? a few annoying banshee can curse all my lovely units

And found a bug in Chapter6: When attacking the red base north east, they can control my DH or Warden, who becomes a neutral unit can be attacked by us and enemy. Then the BloodMage even level up by killing it, haha.

Interesting! I like beat UD. mountain + chimaera + hippogryph = invincible NE
So, where is the dryad? a few annoying banshee can curse all my lovely units

And found a bug in Chapter6: When attacking the red base north east, they can control my DH or Warden, who becomes a neutral unit can be attacked by us and enemy. Then the BloodMage even level up by killing it, haha.
I fixed the bug of taking control of heroes in the latest version. It's only supposed to take control of normal units.

I made enemy heroes be able to level up to make the mission a bit harder.

Like the Dreadlord hero class in the original campaign, Keepers and Dryads are not usable by Arthas.
Dryads will be available in the bonus chapter, when you will get to play as Archimonde.

Level 3
This is my review. There is not much to analyze so it will be quick.

1. History: It is the same, there is almost nothing new, small adaptations to justify the changes of race.

2. Maps: Practically everything belongs to the original campaigns.

3. Gameplay: Standard gameplay typical of the original Warcraft 3 content, nothing new.

4. Personalization: Models and icons, only visual aspect, because in the background everything is from the original.

If the idea is to indulge in nostalgia, that's fine, although I prefer original campaigns for that.

Level 4
1. History: It is the same, there is almost nothing new, small adaptations to justify the changes of race.

Good job on pointing out what his already 3 released campaigns were all about.

4. Personalization: Models and icons, only visual aspect, because in the background everything is from the original.

You've probably neither read the description nor have played not even halfway through, or if you did you just "whosyourdaddy"'d all the way through judging this review

This is my review, although there is not much to say.

1. History: Nothing new, the same.

2. Maps: Nothing new, the same.

3. Gameplay: Nothing new, the same.

4. Personalization: It is the only thing that I see different, models, nothing more.

I guess another one of many forum campaigns that are just for nostalgia.
(Quote from "Invasion of Kalimdor Enhanced")
But I guess you just post this in every original campaign based edits, which confirms what I just said

Last edited:
This is my review. There is not much to analyze so it will be quick.

3. Gameplay: Standard gameplay typical of the original Warcraft 3 content, nothing new.

If the idea is to indulge in nostalgia, that's fine, although I prefer original campaigns for that.
1. That's the point of Race-Swapped campaign. Same Story, different gameplay
2. While the map layouts are mostly the same, there are changes made to fit the new races and abilities. For example:
- Since you get Blink, there are some secret areas only accessible with Blink.
- Since Ghouls are replaced by Archers who cannot cut trees there is a new way to get to the secret items on one of the maps.
- One map contains a secret hero that will join you when you find him.
3. A lot of campaigns feature custom tech trees. Custom Campaigns using the Night Elf Tech Tree are some of the rarest. While there is nothing new about the units you get (except for one ability of one of the heroes and some neutral units), the enemy units are new. You have the Necrolytes which cast Corpse Explosion, Blightspreaders, Shadow Priests, etc. all new. Dalaran Towers are replaced by Gargoyle Spires, which attack in a very different way from normal towers. Arbiters instead of Zeppelins change the way you, as well as the enemy transport units. Getting Hippogryphs instead of Crypt Fiends and DotTs instead of Gargoyles changes the way you play the missions.
4. As I said previously, I wanted to keep the Night Elf race mostly vanilla. Future campaigns will have new units, but for this campaign I think the current tech tree fits. You can't say changes are only visual, as I have edited over 50 different lines of dialogue and made sure they sound good and reflect the new races and classes. There will also be a bonus chapter in the future.

I'd love to know how much of the campaign you've played before the review. If you haven't finished it, I think you should give it another chance.

Good job on pointing out what his already 3 released campaigns were all about.

You've probably neither read the description nor have played not even halfway through, or if you did you just "whosyourdaddy"'d all the way through judging this review

(Quote from "Invasion of Kalimdor Enhanced")
But I guess you just post this in every original campaign based edits, which confirms what I just said
Thanks!

Level 3
Been playing through these recently and have to say it's really fun! The changes you have made (besides the obvious race swap) are quite nice and the gameplay feels balanced, tho the bash chance on frost ghouls is a bit... Brutal.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 55
You start with Mana Burn and can only use it on very few units.

Sylvanas' body should remain on the ground not dissipate in the conversion cinematic scene.
She has no hero glow. How to add Hero Glow without Modeling

Generally, a nice edit. Could more custom stuff and gameplay variety.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

You start with Mana Burn and can only use it on very few units.

Sylvanas' body should remain on the ground not dissipate in the conversion cinematic scene.
She has no hero glow. How to add Hero Glow without Modeling

Generally, a nice edit. Could more custom stuff and gameplay variety.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Thanks! Originally you started with Immolation, and Mana Burn is very important against bosses and necrolord units so I chose to start with mana burn since some people might avoid it and will have a harder time later if they didn't pick it. Also in the first mission, Archers' attacks replace the Death Coil's range damage. Sylvanas uses Shandris' model and since you only see her in one mission I figured it wasn't that important to get a new model. I'll change it at a later date.