Warcraft III Alternate 3 (Alliance Campaign): Colonization of Kalimdor

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Warcraft III Alternate
193201-4d419ac6149992c5dadcc064782cc2d2.png

Alliance Campaign: Colonization of Kalimdor
Alternate version of "The Invasion of Kalimdor", with swapped races
Play the original Reign of Chaos Orc campaign from an Alliance perspective in an alternate, non-canon reality.
Contains two playable factions.
Some expansion units as well as new units will also be available.
All players are race-swapped, including your allies and your enemies!
Play on Warcraft 3 version
1.31.1!

Inspired by Brood War Alternate. Previous parts: Exodus of the Alliance, Overgrowth of Lordaeron, Path of the Kaldorei.
Features: All Chapters and Interludes are included. Includes a bonus chapter based on the ending cinematic.
Dialogue changed to fit the swaps. Character names are kept the same, but their hero class is changed.
Same map concept, but with different available units as well as different enemies.
Switched tilesets. For example, Northrend is replaced by Ashenvale.
There is also a huge Easter Egg in the first mission, that can be used to alter a major element that lasts the whole campaign.

207065-0ed9367eddb68ca767edc73d9efa0411.png
207066-b9fa5b2820cdada239848d33c09cf0ed.png
207067-48aa3b9f24f0a026d91041ca4049cc62.png
207068-a0dc566630849f3144ae50ff0d9b412d.png
207069-600fde8a9c3bd06aad188ab8114a1584.png
207070-418e1e46ed27854a15a0118a5790f5ce.png

This Campaign series contains some differences from the original Warcraft lore. They are:
- Dreadlords are Undead beings related to Gargoyles, not Demons.
- The word demon can refer to both Demonic/Fel beings like Doom Guards, and Shadow/Void beings like Void Walkers.
- Keepers/Dryads are not related to Night Elves.
- Lost ones are not related to Exodar Draenei or with the Eredar, but the Eredar and the Draenei are related.

2021-11-26
- Campaign: New soundset for Thrall
2021-11-19
- Campaign: New soundset for Extractors, to replace the Jaina voice
2021-11-13
- Campaign: Reworked the Shieldbreaker unit
- Chapter 8: Fixed minor inconsistencies.
- Chapter 8: The Dark Phoenix now follows Thrall while he is holding Grom's soul.
- Chapter 9: The Chapter can no longer be completed by killing Mannoroth right after one of your heroes dies.
2021-11-02
- Campaign: First Release

Nothing at the moment

I have tested the maps quite a bit, but it is possible that some bugs, glitches or unexpected behaviors might have slipped through the testing. If you find anything strange, you should report it on discord. Also, you can type -toggle or -t while playing the first chapter of the campaign to lock or unlock the buttons for accessing each chapter.
You can type -d in any chapter to check the difficulty.

❗This list is not yet complete.
Blizzard Entertainment - Original Campaign, ported assets
Valve - Dota 2 Voicelines
Liquid Entertainment - The Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring Voicelines, Icons, Unit design
Philips Media - Link: The Faces of Evil sounds and design
Magos - Model Editor
Shadow Daemon - Button Manager
Anonymous - Mdlvis
Beepo - WCII Gnomish Inventor
Retera - Disarm, Voidspawn Building Pack
SinisterX - Blood Elf buildings
ILH - Mortar, Rocket Rain
Nachtzwoelf - Keeper of the Grove (Autumn)
HerrDave - Dwarf Axethrower, Dwarven Axe, Dwarven Flaming Axe. Dwarf Shieldbreaker, Void Rift, WOTR Elf Warden
UgoUgo - ShadowInfernal
Mythic - Void Rain
34hrap - WC2 BTNHelicopter
Eagle XI - High Elf Spell Breaker, High Elf Blood Mage
nightelfbuilder - Void Elf Archer, Void Elf Blood Mage, Void Elf Spell Breaker skins
Wa666r - Void Elf Archer, Void Elf Blood Mage, Void Elf Spell Breaker, Void Elf Rogue, Void Elf Priest icons and Void Elf Rogue skin
Cavman - Female Forest Troll Shadow Priest, Elekk Knight (also Hawkwing's)
Ujimasa Hojo - Archmage, Wind Rider, Priest, Jaina, Keeper of the Grove, Watch Tower, Draenei Crystal Spire, Footman
FeelsGoodMan - All races base models pack WoW Rips
Vinz - Blink Vol. I
Zephyrius2412 - High Elven and Blood Elven Upgrade Icons
67chrome - BTNClericby67chrome, Cleric skin, Draenei Huntress skin
AndrewOverload519 - BTNGnomeFieldEngineer, Gnome Field Engineer
Hayate - Darkspear Troll Rider
JesusHipster - Divine Barrier, Shadow Phoenix
Sellenisko - DraeneiHuntress
Tamplier - Dwarven Barracks (WOTR style), Dwarven Towers
Rubellu Sidus - Elder Shaman Thrall
Sin'dorei300 - Faceless Cultist
Kingluis - goldgolem, goldtile
Deolri - Hammer of the Naaru (One-handed) (also Red's), Arcane Huntress (for Void Elf Rogue), Dwarven Architect
Kuhneghetz - Hero Archmage on Foot
assasin_lord - HeroGlow
Misha - High Warlord Naj'entus
Chen - RiderlessDragonhawk
I3lackDeath - Sin'dorei UI
johnwar - Troll Gatherer
defskull - Carrion Swarm Heal (used for Holy Radiance, as well as Flaming Axe)
Malhorne - DISABLE_ATTACK used for Fear, from https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/fear-system-v3.243755/, but the Fear system is remade by me to be simpler
Weep - GUI-Friendly Damage Detection
Xetanth87 - Ballista Skin, Gnomish Arbiter Model and Skin (model from Ujimasa Hojo's optimized Gyrocopter Model), Umbra Icon, Basic Void Elf Skin (Shadow Priest, Impaler and Worker), Void Elf Icon recolors from WOTR icons, Fire Mage spell effects, Fixed Siege Engine, Fountain of Shadows, Dwarven Architect Skin, Warsong Swordsman skin etc.

If I forgot your resource, tell me.

English (Alpha version):

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8flW32H3ocaTlU3bf14BEw
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/J5guv3BHVc
If you want to support this project, you can help me by becoming my patron on Patreon.
Alternatively, you can donate through BuyMeACoffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/xetanth87
Previews
Contents

War3Alt3: Colonization of Kalimdor (Campaign)

Reviews
Alexen
A nice race-swap campaign execution, same as your other ones. Set to approved !
Level 2
Okay I just finished your campaign and I've got to say a few things:
1.When I choose hard difficulty it doesn't transfers the setting into the next level it just says normal every time so I have to exit the mission and re-enter every time choosing the hard setting.
2.In the second mission the eredar's are a bit op some of them are kept like the originals with chaos damage and firebolts but at least you could have changed their attack to be piercing chaos is too much or if you're gonna make me go against at least give me healing wards as a drop item because footies and savagers get nuked by them.
3.How come you don't have a single healing unit? The cleric's invigoration restores a measly 100 mana for a 110 mana cost come on.
4.The vindicator is a weird unit she has hero type attack and swap spell with other units which is a bit situational spell depending on your playstyle. I say remove the first spell and instead of that make it some kind of a healing spell I know that Cairne's golden shower is a pretty good heal but it would be also nice to have heal on some units at least on those levels where there is no Cairne like Grom's levels.
5.The shieldbreaker is straight up a useless unit it sure is tanky don't get me wrong but it's not immune to magic and with 350 health he is pretty non-efficient especially in the last level where his fortified armor is useless against chaos attacks
6.The train steam wrecker unit is a nice idea unit but poorly executed when it's filled with rifles I thought it will be like the orc burrow increased attack speed but no change although the transport of the rifles are nice but if I want to make a surprise attack there is no ''unload all'' button I have to manually exit all of them 1 by 1.
7.Grom's race of high elves are broken. Even without chaos powers. You could nerf the archers arcane arrows to have bonus 5 damage. The attack speed balista's 5 second is straight up not necessary to have.
8.I don't understand after level 6 why didn't you just add Cairne's crystal spire ability as a option in the peasants it is just weird is all.
9.Grom's towers are fortified. That is a bit unfair if you ask me both types of his towers at make it an upgrade in the lumber mill to make them fortified. On top of that the units are broke at least make the towers somewhat normal.
10.I very much enjoyed the battle against Mannoroth however I was a bit careless and got to 13 hp and lost my heroes then the defeat screen appears and immediately disappears and I've got the win cinematic like that and got the victory screen.
Overall I mostly enjoyed this campaign but some features are poorly executed. I give it a 6/10 :)

Okay I just finished your campaign and I've got to say a few things:
1.When I choose hard difficulty it doesn't transfers the setting into the next level it just says normal every time so I have to exit the mission and re-enter every time choosing the hard setting.
2.In the second mission the eredar's are a bit op some of them are kept like the originals with chaos damage and firebolts but at least you could have changed their attack to be piercing chaos is too much or if you're gonna make me go against at least give me healing wards as a drop item because footies and savagers get nuked by them.
3.How come you don't have a single healing unit? The cleric's invigoration restores a measly 100 mana for a 110 mana cost come on.
4.The vindicator is a weird unit she has hero type attack and swap spell with other units which is a bit situational spell depending on your playstyle. I say remove the first spell and instead of that make it some kind of a healing spell I know that Cairne's golden shower is a pretty good heal but it would be also nice to have heal on some units at least on those levels where there is no Cairne like Grom's levels.
5.The shieldbreaker is straight up a useless unit it sure is tanky don't get me wrong but it's not immune to magic and with 350 health he is pretty non-efficient especially in the last level where his fortified armor is useless against chaos attacks
6.The train steam wrecker unit is a nice idea unit but poorly executed when it's filled with rifles I thought it will be like the orc burrow increased attack speed but no change although the transport of the rifles are nice but if I want to make a surprise attack there is no ''unload all'' button I have to manually exit all of them 1 by 1.
7.Grom's race of high elves are broken. Even without chaos powers. You could nerf the archers arcane arrows to have bonus 5 damage. The attack speed balista's 5 second is straight up not necessary to have.
8.I don't understand after level 6 why didn't you just add Cairne's crystal spire ability as a option in the peasants it is just weird is all.
9.Grom's towers are fortified. That is a bit unfair if you ask me both types of his towers at make it an upgrade in the lumber mill to make them fortified. On top of that the units are broke at least make the towers somewhat normal.
10.I very much enjoyed the battle against Mannoroth however I was a bit careless and got to 13 hp and lost my heroes then the defeat screen appears and immediately disappears and I've got the win cinematic like that and got the victory screen.
Overall I mostly enjoyed this campaign but some features are poorly executed. I give it a 6/10 :)
1. This is the same with every campaign in 1.31.1. It's a Warcraft III bug, not a bug in my campaign. I show the difficulty, so you know when it gets reset.
2. Some of them have had their attacks changed to piercing, and Footmen now reflect their attacks. You need to use Fear as much as possible to avoid Chaos attacks.
3. You have Touch of Purity and Holy Radiance (which can be improved by giving the Paladin additional mana with your Clerics). Healing is overused.
4. Vindicators save your units from harm. They have high damage but hero attack (jack of all trades). They have the passive, making them great against melee units, so once they swap with a unit they can be useful in melee range as well.
5. Maybe I'll buff it a bit.
6. That was a hard unit to make. I tried using unload all, but Wc3 cannot detect when all units get unloaded at the same time.
7. Archers don't regenerate mana, so it is not that powerful. You either use Grom's mana for Flame strikes, or you give it to Archers to allow for empowered air attacks.
8. Crystal Spire has a teleportation animation as the building animation, so Peasants building it looked weird. I think it's much more unique to have it this way.
9. I made them like that to differentiate the races more. Also, the enemies use a lot of Batriders and Demolishers, so they need to be more vulnerable to them.
10. Will look into that.

Level 4
Warned for inappropriate language
Why you not Complete beyond the dark portal campaing instrad of this crap wired campaing!!!

Why you not Complete beyond the dark portal campaing instrad of this crap wired campaing!!!
Thanks for your honest review. I've said it countless times. I don't have the terraining skills necessary to make maps from scratch. I also don't have a lot of free time. Because of this, I'm making these campaigns. I have fun making them and people have fun playing them. And that's what matters to me. If anyone else wants to work to finish my BtDP campaign, I'll gladly let them. Chronicles of Azeroth might be similar once it reaches the BtDP orc campaign.

Last edited:
Level 12
Respect those who dedicate countless hours to create FREE content, if you don't like it, say it politely and if you aren't able to do it, better save your time and don't comment. On the other hand, instead of demanding from others, try opening the World Editor and creating something yourself. People who disrespect and don't contribute anything aren't necessary in this community.

I think I don't need to give my review since my videos should speak for themselves. Still, I truly appreciate @Xetanth87 making the effort for all this work to be realized.

I watched since the Lordaeron was out (and get the Alpha for both the Sentinel and Alliance portions), and I must say this has significantly grown more than being a mere race swap. Xetanth87 paid a lot of attention to details that involved the shifting of the races. For me, the Alliance campaign is by far the best of all the series at the moment (now, if the sequels will exceed, that is something we have yet to know at the time of writing), and he really takes feedbacks that was given during previous campaigns very well.

If anything, these campaigns show dedication in my opinion. Getting 4 out of 8 (Rexxar excluded) done for race-swapping is by far the most significant effort between all the race-swapping attempts thus far, CMIIW.

I recall I was sort of skeptical of the idea, but I was horribly wrong in that regard. This idea is very fascinating, and I hope the best and wish for it to succeed.

---

Honestly, this one is supposed to be a separate post, but I cannot just look and not comment on this:
I personally think this one is one of his more refined works (specifically this Alliance campaign), and saying it crap weird is pretty demoralizing. There are better ways to give out opinions on the matter too.

As a modder who worked on altering existing contents in the past, it is not easy to work around what the campaign missions already offered. Some of them are pretty annoying pickles to work on (for example infamous Stratholme mission Malganis AI is not easy to work with from what I remember). The missions also have some quirks that might not be noticeable until you start altering them out (for example, the way alliances are formed in campaigns, or how the second Blood Elves chapter is complicated annoying for its own good).

Yes, we have a lot of the Scourge of Lordaeron repetition, but that doesn't instantly cast every one of them as horrible (I have found some of them are well-made, given the willingness to look). I will personally note that with exception of the Cenarius chapter (the Hunter of Shadows) and the Grom chapter (by Demons be Driven), people rarely get interested in touching the Orc campaign as a whole, so he taking all of the chapters, especially the 'damned boring ones' like Landfall and the Caravan mission and alter them well is a big deal.

Oh, and don't get me started on the tech trees and the bonus mission.

It might not fit your taste, but it is far from 'crap'.

If you are onto the whole 'stop re-using the default campaign crusade' that some people are on (I was one as well, just saying), at least giving the maker something to work on would be nice (for example: more content, or additional side-quests, or refer them to the more superior work as a point of reference and so on).

Respect those who dedicate countless hours to create FREE content, if you don't like it, say it politely and if you aren't able to do it, better save your time and don't comment. On the other hand, instead of demanding from others, try opening the World Editor and creating something yourself. People who disrespect and don't contribute anything aren't necessary in this community.
As much as I don't prefer the tone used, I am with Resyak on this one. Making FREE content is not easy, especially when you have jobs and obligations in real life to attend to.

I think I don't need to give my review since my videos should speak for themselves. Still, I truly appreciate @Xetanth87 making the effort for all this work to be realized.

I watched since the Lordaeron was out (and get the Alpha for both the Sentinel and Alliance portions), and I must say this has significantly grown more than being a mere race swap. Xetanth87 paid a lot of attention to details that involved the shifting of the races. For me, the Alliance campaign is by far the best of all the series at the moment (now, if the sequels will exceed, that is something we have yet to know at the time of writing), and he really takes feedbacks that was given during previous campaigns very well.

If anything, these campaigns show dedication in my opinion. Getting 4 out of 8 (Rexxar excluded) done for race-swapping is by far the most significant effort between all the race-swapping attempts thus far, CMIIW.

I recall I was sort of skeptical of the idea, but I was horribly wrong in that regard. This idea is very fascinating, and I hope the best and wish for it to succeed.
Thanks for the review! I'm really glad you enjoy it. Your videos helped me a lot in finding bugs that I didn't spot during my testing. These campaigns grew a lot in the past months, and I'm really happy with the feedback I got. My original plans for the Reign of Chaos campaigns were to keep things as vanilla as possible (Overgrowth of Lordaeron originally only had 2 imported assets: Acolyte with Lumber and Death Knight Horse, both only used for cinematics). Since then, I've added a lot more custom assets and even started making my own custom assets for some of the more specific needs, like Arthas' Demon Hunter model. With each campaign, I aim to go higher than the last one.
Yes, we have a lot of the Scourge of Lordaeron repetition, but that doesn't instantly cast every one of them as horrible (I have found some of them are well-made, given the willingness to look). I will personally note that with exception of the Cenarius chapter (the Hunter of Shadows) and the Grom chapter (by Demons be Driven), people rarely get interested in touching the Orc campaign as a whole, so he taking all of the chapters, especially the 'damned boring ones' like Landfall and the Caravan mission and alter them well is a big deal.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Spirituality's End might be the first major edit of Eternity's End. I've seen a lot of Scourge of Lordaeron edits (I wanted to play the one that Jayborino played, and I ended up downloading another one because I didn't bother to check if it was the same one, thinking there was only one edit of it), but I don't see any major Eternity's End revamps on Hive, only 2 that don't even have imported assets or screenshots. Maybe the creators start with the Human Campaign and get bored halfway through. The abundance of Human Campaign edits is a problem I had with Overgrowth of Lordaeron, people saw it as just another Scourge of Lordaeron edit.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Spirituality's End might be the first major edit of Eternity's End. I've seen a lot of Scourge of Lordaeron edits (I wanted to play the one that Jayborino played, and I ended up downloading another one because I didn't bother to check if it was the same one, thinking there was only one edit of it), but I don't see any major Eternity's End revamps on Hive, only 2 that don't even have imported assets or screenshots. Maybe the creators start with the Human Campaign and get bored halfway through. The anundance of Human Campaign edits is a problem I had with Overgrowth of Lordaeron, people saw it as just another Scourge of Lordaeron edit.
If we exclude 2P Campaigns, yes, then yours will be the first major edit :D

Edit:
Also, discounting the whole Twilight of the Gods reiteration that has been reused multiple times.

Last edited:
Level 12
The anundance of Human Campaign edits is a problem I had with Overgrowth of Lordaeron, people saw it as just another Scourge of Lordaeron edit.
It's really unfair that the content is prejudged, but it's the most played campaign of all I think and, from my point of view, it's perfect (with its defects) as it's. But that does not detract from those who try to give it another approach and / or modify it in some way. In the end we all "drink" from our favorite original campaigns, many of my campaign missions are inspired by missions from one or another original campaign, be it ROC or TFT. So even though some people, including myself, are not overly passionate about this type of content, it's obvious that there are many people who do and in the end that is the goal, that there are people who enjoy the content we upload. Not everything can be liked by everyone.

Regards.