• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Alternate 3 (Alliance Campaign): Colonization of Kalimdor

Warcraft III Alternate
193201-4d419ac6149992c5dadcc064782cc2d2.png

Alliance Campaign: Colonization of Kalimdor
Alternate version of "The Invasion of Kalimdor", with swapped races
Play the original Reign of Chaos Orc campaign from an Alliance perspective in an alternate, non-canon reality.
Contains two playable factions.
Some expansion units as well as new units will also be available.
All players are race-swapped, including your allies and your enemies!
Play on Warcraft 3 version
1.31.1!
Or Reforged (SD)

Inspired by Brood War Alternate.
Features: All Chapters and Interludes are included. Includes a bonus chapter based on the ending cinematic.
Dialogue changed to fit the swaps. Character names are kept the same, but their hero class is changed.
Same map concept, but with different available units as well as different enemies.
Switched tilesets. For example, Northrend is replaced by Ashenvale.
There is also a huge Easter Egg in the first mission, that can be used to alter a major element that lasts the whole campaign.

207065-0ed9367eddb68ca767edc73d9efa0411.png
207066-b9fa5b2820cdada239848d33c09cf0ed.png
207067-48aa3b9f24f0a026d91041ca4049cc62.png
207068-a0dc566630849f3144ae50ff0d9b412d.png
207069-600fde8a9c3bd06aad188ab8114a1584.png
207070-418e1e46ed27854a15a0118a5790f5ce.png

This Campaign series contains some differences from the original Warcraft lore. They are:
- Dreadlords are Undead beings related to Gargoyles, not Demons.
- The word demon can refer to both Demonic/Fel beings like Doom Guards, and Shadow/Void beings like Void Walkers.
- Keepers/Dryads are not related to Night Elves.
- Lost ones are not related to Exodar Draenei or with the Eredar, but the Eredar and the Draenei are related.

2023-12-25
- Campaign: Remastered!
- Campaign: Added full voice lines for both existing and new transmissions.
- Campaign: Removed text from campaign preview.
- Campaign: Added Reforged campaign screen.
- Campaign: Added a red Human HUD.
- Campaign: New Vindicator spells.
- Campaign: Rebalanced some units.
- Campaign: New music.
- Campaign: Added custom quotes for Cairne.
- Campaign: Can no longer Siphon Mana to incomplete Mana Wagons.
- Campaign: Added Overgrowth of Lordaeron upgrades.
- Chapter 9: Improved boss fight.
- Chapter 9: Added boss fight hints.
2022-09-11
- Fixed Cairne portrait.
2022-08-18
- Campaign: Added an icon for Divine Armor.
- Chapter 5: Added a new voiceline.
2022-08-17
- Campaign: Added a red Human HUD.
- Campaign: New icon for Thrall.
2022-07-24
- Campaign: Updated for Reforged.
- Campaign: New icon for Cenarius.
2022-07-18
- Campaign: Gnomish Ballistic Launchers are no longer considered buildings (meaning they can now be Recalled by Arbiters).
2022-04-12
- Campaign: New soundset for Grom (Orc Grom with a few changes, instead of Melee Blood Mage).
- Campaign: New soundset for Swordsman (Warcraft II Elven Archer).
- Campaign: Priests, Spellbreakers and Dragonhawk Riders no longer reference Quel'Thalas in their soundsets.
- Campaign: Fixed Warsong UI button color.
- Campaign: Savage's Fear now has a sound effect.
- Chapter 5: Changed Fel Hounds to Bears.
2022-03-26
- Campaign: Multiple typo fixes
- Chapter 6: Added a hint explaining that Cairne can warp in Crystal Spires.
- Chapter 6: Fixed End cinematic pathing.
- Chapter 8: Scoreboards are now hidden during mid-game cinematics.
- Chapter 8: Fixed multiple leaks.
- Chapter 9: The quest now has its own description.
2022-03-10
- Campaign: Replenish Mana's hint in the tooltip is now more visible.
- Campaign: Added attack special effects to Jaina.
- Chapter 4 Interlude: Fixed Tichondrius' neck rotation looking unnatural.
- Chapter 7: Infernal Machines now have Purge and Infernal Juggernauts now have Dispel Magic, making it impossible to complete the top section of the map with only summoned units.
- Chapter 7: Replaced Runes of Resurrection with runes of mana and health.
- Chapter 7: Reduced starting gold to 2000 from 2500.
- Chapter 7: Added a hint about the out-of-reach item.
- Chapter 8: Lowered allowed deaths to 250.
- Chapter 8: Spell Thieves are no longer attacking without other unit types. This created attack waves of Spell Thieves that would sit in Counter Magic.
2022-02-04
- Campaign: Nerfed Shieldbreakers.
- Chapter 4: The player can no longer build Sanctuaries (nothing requires them).
- Chapters 4 and 5: Fixed Zanagarmarsh doodads.
2022-01-02
- Campaign: Buffed Steam Wreckers.
- Chapter 5: Fixed Enemy bases not spawning when cinematic is skipped.
- Chapter 7: Fixed overlapping transmissions.
- Chapter 7: Added a soft-hint about the item behind the force field.
2021-12-31
- Campaign: Nerfed Shieldbreakers.
- Campaign: Fixed Gnomish Arbiter attack voicelines.
- Campaign: Fixed Troll Scout model and added the Raptor Slam effect model from Spirituality's End.
- Chapter 1: Thrall now says "For Doomhammer!" correctly.
- Chapter 6: Cages now called "Dragonhawk Cage" instead of "Wyvern Cage".
- Chapter 6: Removed ending Abominations because of collision problems.
- Chapter 8: Fixed scoreboard points remaining at 0.
- Chapter 8: Grom no longer calls Thrall "little brother".
2021-12-19
- Chapter 1: Cairne no longer calls Thrall young.
- Chapter 3: Militia no longer become Peasants before the cinematic ends.
- Chapter 3: The Footman that announces Grom's attacks is now shown and is no longer called 'Grunt'.
- Chapter 8: Lowered allowed deaths to 300.
- Chapter 8: Replaced Cinematic Banshees and Anti-Magic Shell with the more appropriate Destroyers and Devour Magic.
- Chapter 9: Mannoroth has received a couple of buffs and will be paused after his defeat.
2021-12-03
- Campaign: Hammer of Justice nerfed
- Campaign: Flaming Axe and Expose's tooltips are now more accurate.
2021-12-02
- Campaign: Fear now has a buff effect, so you can see when it expires.
- Campaign: Touch of Purity can no longer be cast on Mechanical units.
2021-11-26
- Campaign: New soundset for Thrall
2021-11-19
- Campaign: New soundset for Extractors, to replace the Jaina voice
2021-11-13
- Campaign: Reworked the Shieldbreaker unit
- Chapter 8: Fixed minor inconsistencies.
- Chapter 8: The Dark Phoenix now follows Thrall while he is holding Grom's soul.
- Chapter 9: The Chapter can no longer be completed by killing Mannoroth right after one of your heroes dies.
2021-11-02
- Campaign: First Release

I have tested the maps quite a bit, but it is possible that some bugs, glitches or unexpected behaviors might have slipped through the testing. If you find anything strange, you should report it on discord. Also, you can type -toggle or -t while playing the first chapter of the campaign to lock or unlock the buttons for accessing each chapter.
You can type -d in any chapter to check the difficulty.
If you don't want your difficulty to change every time you load the next map, you should check out this video:

Blizzard Entertainment - Original Campaign, ported assets
Valve - Dota 2 Voicelines
Liquid Entertainment - The Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring Voicelines, Icons, Unit design
Philips Media - Link: The Faces of Evil sounds and design
Magos - Model Editor
Shadow Daemon - Button Manager
Anonymous - Mdlvis
Beepo - WCII Gnomish Inventor
Retera - Disarm, Voidspawn Building Pack
SinisterX - Blood Elf buildings
ILH - Mortar, Rocket Rain
Nachtzwoelf - Keeper of the Grove (Autumn)
HerrDave - Dwarf Axethrower, Dwarven Axe, Dwarven Flaming Axe. Dwarf Shieldbreaker, Void Rift, WOTR Elf Warden
UgoUgo - ShadowInfernal
34hrap - WC2 BTNHelicopter
Eagle XI - High Elf Spell Breaker, High Elf Blood Mage
nightelfbuilder - Void Elf Archer, Void Elf Blood Mage, Void Elf Spell Breaker skins
Wa666r - Void Elf Archer, Void Elf Blood Mage, Void Elf Spell Breaker, Void Elf Rogue, Void Elf Priest icons and Void Elf Rogue skin
Cavman - Female Forest Troll Shadow Priest, Elekk Knight (also Hawkwing's)
Ujimasa Hojo - Archmage, Wind Rider, Priest, Jaina, Keeper of the Grove, Watch Tower, Draenei Crystal Spire, Footman
FeelsGoodMan - All races base models pack WoW Rips
Vinz - Void Rain, Blink Vol. I, Disarm Model, Burning Rage, Reaper's Claws, Heal
Zephyrius2412 - High Elven and Blood Elven Upgrade Icons
67chrome - BTNClericby67chrome, Cleric skin, Draenei Huntress skin
AndrewOverload519 - BTNGnomeFieldEngineer, Gnome Field Engineer
Hayate - Darkspear Troll Rider
JesusHipster - Divine Barrier, Shadow Phoenix
Sellenisko - DraeneiHuntress
Tamplier - Dwarven Barracks (WOTR style), Dwarven Towers
Rubellu Sidus - Elder Shaman Thrall
Sin'dorei300 - Faceless Cultist
Kingluis - goldgolem, goldtile
Deolri - Hammer of the Naaru (One-handed) (also Red's), Arcane Huntress (for Void Elf Rogue), Dwarven Architect
Kuhneghetz - Hero Archmage on Foot
assasin_lord - HeroGlow
Misha - High Warlord Naj'entus
Chen - RiderlessDragonhawk
I3lackDeath - Sin'dorei UI
johnwar - Troll Gatherer
Infrisios - Chain Element
Vadik29 - Pudge hook
calex3 - Power Hook spell
Arowanna - Green Dragon Claw (for Gargoyle Heavy Landing)
Samwise Didier - Ride the Lightning Icon Pack
defskull - Carrion Swarm Heal (used for Holy Radiance, as well as Flaming Axe)
Malhorne - DISABLE_ATTACK used for Fear, from https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/fear-system-v3.243755/, but the Fear system is remade by me to be simpler
Weep - GUI-Friendly Damage Detection
Saelendious - Red Human HUD, Voiceline help, Fixed Cairne portrait
Executor Nral - Major voiceline help
Tickles - Divine Armor ATT
Xetanth87 - Ballista Skin, Gnomish Arbiter Model and Skin (model from Ujimasa Hojo's optimized Gyrocopter Model), Umbra Icon, Basic Void Elf Skin (Shadow Priest, Impaler and Worker), Void Elf Icon recolors from WOTR icons, Fire Mage spell effects, Fixed Siege Engine, Fountain of Shadows, Dwarven Architect Skin, Warsong Swordsman skin etc.

If I forgot your resource, tell me.

English (Alpha version):
English:
Russian:

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8flW32H3ocaTlU3bf14BEw
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/J5guv3BHVc
If you want to support this project, you can help me by becoming my patron on Patreon.
Alternatively, you can donate through BuyMeACoffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/xetanth87
Previews
Contents

W3A3: Colonization of Kalimdor (Campaign)

Reviews
A nice race-swap campaign execution, same as your other ones. Set to approved !
Level 3
Okay I just finished your campaign and I've got to say a few things:
1.When I choose hard difficulty it doesn't transfers the setting into the next level it just says normal every time so I have to exit the mission and re-enter every time choosing the hard setting.
2.In the second mission the eredar's are a bit op some of them are kept like the originals with chaos damage and firebolts but at least you could have changed their attack to be piercing chaos is too much or if you're gonna make me go against at least give me healing wards as a drop item because footies and savagers get nuked by them.
3.How come you don't have a single healing unit? The cleric's invigoration restores a measly 100 mana for a 110 mana cost come on.
4.The vindicator is a weird unit she has hero type attack and swap spell with other units which is a bit situational spell depending on your playstyle. I say remove the first spell and instead of that make it some kind of a healing spell I know that Cairne's golden shower is a pretty good heal but it would be also nice to have heal on some units at least on those levels where there is no Cairne like Grom's levels.
5.The shieldbreaker is straight up a useless unit it sure is tanky don't get me wrong but it's not immune to magic and with 350 health he is pretty non-efficient especially in the last level where his fortified armor is useless against chaos attacks
6.The train steam wrecker unit is a nice idea unit but poorly executed when it's filled with rifles I thought it will be like the orc burrow increased attack speed but no change although the transport of the rifles are nice but if I want to make a surprise attack there is no ''unload all'' button I have to manually exit all of them 1 by 1.
7.Grom's race of high elves are broken. Even without chaos powers. You could nerf the archers arcane arrows to have bonus 5 damage. The attack speed balista's 5 second is straight up not necessary to have.
8.I don't understand after level 6 why didn't you just add Cairne's crystal spire ability as a option in the peasants it is just weird is all.
9.Grom's towers are fortified. That is a bit unfair if you ask me both types of his towers at make it an upgrade in the lumber mill to make them fortified. On top of that the units are broke at least make the towers somewhat normal.
10.I very much enjoyed the battle against Mannoroth however I was a bit careless and got to 13 hp and lost my heroes then the defeat screen appears and immediately disappears and I've got the win cinematic like that and got the victory screen.
Overall I mostly enjoyed this campaign but some features are poorly executed. I give it a 6/10 :)

Okay I just finished your campaign and I've got to say a few things:
1.When I choose hard difficulty it doesn't transfers the setting into the next level it just says normal every time so I have to exit the mission and re-enter every time choosing the hard setting.
2.In the second mission the eredar's are a bit op some of them are kept like the originals with chaos damage and firebolts but at least you could have changed their attack to be piercing chaos is too much or if you're gonna make me go against at least give me healing wards as a drop item because footies and savagers get nuked by them.
3.How come you don't have a single healing unit? The cleric's invigoration restores a measly 100 mana for a 110 mana cost come on.
4.The vindicator is a weird unit she has hero type attack and swap spell with other units which is a bit situational spell depending on your playstyle. I say remove the first spell and instead of that make it some kind of a healing spell I know that Cairne's golden shower is a pretty good heal but it would be also nice to have heal on some units at least on those levels where there is no Cairne like Grom's levels.
5.The shieldbreaker is straight up a useless unit it sure is tanky don't get me wrong but it's not immune to magic and with 350 health he is pretty non-efficient especially in the last level where his fortified armor is useless against chaos attacks
6.The train steam wrecker unit is a nice idea unit but poorly executed when it's filled with rifles I thought it will be like the orc burrow increased attack speed but no change although the transport of the rifles are nice but if I want to make a surprise attack there is no ''unload all'' button I have to manually exit all of them 1 by 1.
7.Grom's race of high elves are broken. Even without chaos powers. You could nerf the archers arcane arrows to have bonus 5 damage. The attack speed balista's 5 second is straight up not necessary to have.
8.I don't understand after level 6 why didn't you just add Cairne's crystal spire ability as a option in the peasants it is just weird is all.
9.Grom's towers are fortified. That is a bit unfair if you ask me both types of his towers at make it an upgrade in the lumber mill to make them fortified. On top of that the units are broke at least make the towers somewhat normal.
10.I very much enjoyed the battle against Mannoroth however I was a bit careless and got to 13 hp and lost my heroes then the defeat screen appears and immediately disappears and I've got the win cinematic like that and got the victory screen.
Overall I mostly enjoyed this campaign but some features are poorly executed. I give it a 6/10 :)
1. This is the same with every campaign in 1.31.1. It's a Warcraft III bug, not a bug in my campaign. I show the difficulty, so you know when it gets reset.
2. Some of them have had their attacks changed to piercing, and Footmen now reflect their attacks. You need to use Fear as much as possible to avoid Chaos attacks.
3. You have Touch of Purity and Holy Radiance (which can be improved by giving the Paladin additional mana with your Clerics). Healing is overused.
4. Vindicators save your units from harm. They have high damage but hero attack (jack of all trades). They have the passive, making them great against melee units, so once they swap with a unit they can be useful in melee range as well.
5. Maybe I'll buff it a bit.
6. That was a hard unit to make. I tried using unload all, but Wc3 cannot detect when all units get unloaded at the same time.
7. Archers don't regenerate mana, so it is not that powerful. You either use Grom's mana for Flame strikes, or you give it to Archers to allow for empowered air attacks.
8. Crystal Spire has a teleportation animation as the building animation, so Peasants building it looked weird. I think it's much more unique to have it this way.
9. I made them like that to differentiate the races more. Also, the enemies use a lot of Batriders and Demolishers, so they need to be more vulnerable to them.
10. Will look into that.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

A nice race-swap campaign execution, same as your other ones. Set to approved !

Level 5
Warned for inappropriate language
Why you not Complete beyond the dark portal campaing instrad of this crap wired campaing!!!

Why you not Complete beyond the dark portal campaing instrad of this crap wired campaing!!!
Thanks for your honest review. I've said it countless times. I don't have the terraining skills necessary to make maps from scratch. I also don't have a lot of free time. Because of this, I'm making these campaigns. I have fun making them and people have fun playing them. And that's what matters to me. If anyone else wants to work to finish my BtDP campaign, I'll gladly let them. Chronicles of Azeroth might be similar once it reaches the BtDP orc campaign.

Last edited:
Level 23
Respect those who dedicate countless hours to create FREE content, if you don't like it, say it politely and if you aren't able to do it, better save your time and don't comment. On the other hand, instead of demanding from others, try opening the World Editor and creating something yourself. People who disrespect and don't contribute anything aren't necessary in this community.

I think I don't need to give my review since my videos should speak for themselves. Still, I truly appreciate @Xetanth87 making the effort for all this work to be realized.

I watched since the Lordaeron was out (and get the Alpha for both the Sentinel and Alliance portions), and I must say this has significantly grown more than being a mere race swap. Xetanth87 paid a lot of attention to details that involved the shifting of the races. For me, the Alliance campaign is by far the best of all the series at the moment (now, if the sequels will exceed, that is something we have yet to know at the time of writing), and he really takes feedbacks that was given during previous campaigns very well.

If anything, these campaigns show dedication in my opinion. Getting 4 out of 8 (Rexxar excluded) done for race-swapping is by far the most significant effort between all the race-swapping attempts thus far, CMIIW.

I recall I was sort of skeptical of the idea, but I was horribly wrong in that regard. This idea is very fascinating, and I hope the best and wish for it to succeed.

---

Honestly, this one is supposed to be a separate post, but I cannot just look and not comment on this:
I personally think this one is one of his more refined works (specifically this Alliance campaign), and saying it crap weird is pretty demoralizing. There are better ways to give out opinions on the matter too.

As a modder who worked on altering existing contents in the past, it is not easy to work around what the campaign missions already offered. Some of them are pretty annoying pickles to work on (for example infamous Stratholme mission Malganis AI is not easy to work with from what I remember). The missions also have some quirks that might not be noticeable until you start altering them out (for example, the way alliances are formed in campaigns, or how the second Blood Elves chapter is complicated annoying for its own good).

Yes, we have a lot of the Scourge of Lordaeron repetition, but that doesn't instantly cast every one of them as horrible (I have found some of them are well-made, given the willingness to look). I will personally note that with exception of the Cenarius chapter (the Hunter of Shadows) and the Grom chapter (by Demons be Driven), people rarely get interested in touching the Orc campaign as a whole, so he taking all of the chapters, especially the 'damned boring ones' like Landfall and the Caravan mission and alter them well is a big deal.

Oh, and don't get me started on the tech trees and the bonus mission.

It might not fit your taste, but it is far from 'crap'.

If you are onto the whole 'stop re-using the default campaign crusade' that some people are on (I was one as well, just saying), at least giving the maker something to work on would be nice (for example: more content, or additional side-quests, or refer them to the more superior work as a point of reference and so on).

Respect those who dedicate countless hours to create FREE content, if you don't like it, say it politely and if you aren't able to do it, better save your time and don't comment. On the other hand, instead of demanding from others, try opening the World Editor and creating something yourself. People who disrespect and don't contribute anything aren't necessary in this community.
As much as I don't prefer the tone used, I am with Resyak on this one. Making FREE content is not easy, especially when you have jobs and obligations in real life to attend to.

I think I don't need to give my review since my videos should speak for themselves. Still, I truly appreciate @Xetanth87 making the effort for all this work to be realized.

I watched since the Lordaeron was out (and get the Alpha for both the Sentinel and Alliance portions), and I must say this has significantly grown more than being a mere race swap. Xetanth87 paid a lot of attention to details that involved the shifting of the races. For me, the Alliance campaign is by far the best of all the series at the moment (now, if the sequels will exceed, that is something we have yet to know at the time of writing), and he really takes feedbacks that was given during previous campaigns very well.

If anything, these campaigns show dedication in my opinion. Getting 4 out of 8 (Rexxar excluded) done for race-swapping is by far the most significant effort between all the race-swapping attempts thus far, CMIIW.

I recall I was sort of skeptical of the idea, but I was horribly wrong in that regard. This idea is very fascinating, and I hope the best and wish for it to succeed.
Thanks for the review! I'm really glad you enjoy it. Your videos helped me a lot in finding bugs that I didn't spot during my testing. These campaigns grew a lot in the past months, and I'm really happy with the feedback I got. My original plans for the Reign of Chaos campaigns were to keep things as vanilla as possible (Overgrowth of Lordaeron originally only had 2 imported assets: Acolyte with Lumber and Death Knight Horse, both only used for cinematics). Since then, I've added a lot more custom assets and even started making my own custom assets for some of the more specific needs, like Arthas' Demon Hunter model. With each campaign, I aim to go higher than the last one.
Yes, we have a lot of the Scourge of Lordaeron repetition, but that doesn't instantly cast every one of them as horrible (I have found some of them are well-made, given the willingness to look). I will personally note that with exception of the Cenarius chapter (the Hunter of Shadows) and the Grom chapter (by Demons be Driven), people rarely get interested in touching the Orc campaign as a whole, so he taking all of the chapters, especially the 'damned boring ones' like Landfall and the Caravan mission and alter them well is a big deal.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Spirituality's End might be the first major edit of Eternity's End. I've seen a lot of Scourge of Lordaeron edits (I wanted to play the one that Jayborino played, and I ended up downloading another one because I didn't bother to check if it was the same one, thinking there was only one edit of it), but I don't see any major Eternity's End revamps on Hive, only 2 that don't even have imported assets or screenshots. Maybe the creators start with the Human Campaign and get bored halfway through. The abundance of Human Campaign edits is a problem I had with Overgrowth of Lordaeron, people saw it as just another Scourge of Lordaeron edit.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Spirituality's End might be the first major edit of Eternity's End. I've seen a lot of Scourge of Lordaeron edits (I wanted to play the one that Jayborino played, and I ended up downloading another one because I didn't bother to check if it was the same one, thinking there was only one edit of it), but I don't see any major Eternity's End revamps on Hive, only 2 that don't even have imported assets or screenshots. Maybe the creators start with the Human Campaign and get bored halfway through. The anundance of Human Campaign edits is a problem I had with Overgrowth of Lordaeron, people saw it as just another Scourge of Lordaeron edit.
If we exclude 2P Campaigns, yes, then yours will be the first major edit :D

Edit:
Also, discounting the whole Twilight of the Gods reiteration that has been reused multiple times.

Last edited:
Level 23
The anundance of Human Campaign edits is a problem I had with Overgrowth of Lordaeron, people saw it as just another Scourge of Lordaeron edit.
It's really unfair that the content is prejudged, but it's the most played campaign of all I think and, from my point of view, it's perfect (with its defects) as it's. But that does not detract from those who try to give it another approach and / or modify it in some way. In the end we all "drink" from our favorite original campaigns, many of my campaign missions are inspired by missions from one or another original campaign, be it ROC or TFT. So even though some people, including myself, are not overly passionate about this type of content, it's obvious that there are many people who do and in the end that is the goal, that there are people who enjoy the content we upload. Not everything can be liked by everyone.

Regards.

You know, I sometimes wanna go full "screw them" mode in this chapter, and this prevents me from doing that :(
To me, that map always seemed a bit too easy. Catch Grom in your pokeball and go home with no issue. Now you need to lower his health to 25% but be careful not to kill him, his invincible Phoenix follows Thrall while he has his soul, you need to be careful not to kill too many enemies, and you need to control Jaina as well. One way you could deal with the enemies without lowering the counter is by possessing them. If they die while they are on your side, they don't lower the score.

Level 12
Finished this one as well, Pretty funny moments (like the one in Chapter 3 with the cutscene and the troll sounds)
Overall i enjoyed it.

More feedback:
- I liked the new U.I. in Chapter 3 to match the new race.
When i first played this mission, i killed the furbolgs before taking the quest from the dwarves so the quest became unavailable after that (this might be happening in the original campaign as well but yea)

- The Steam Wrecker is pretty bad, it barely deals dmg with 4 rifleman inside, it feels like a waste to use them, they need to be buffed, the dmg and the attack rate.

- Chapter 5 was cool, did not expect to see Thrall as the new Cenarius, it was pretty funny, also the forests being replaced with gold golems, pretty ingenious.

There is a bug in this mission tho, If u skip the cinematic with Cenarius then none of the troll bases are built, the bases will show up only after u visit the defiled fountain with Grom, but they wont build any units from the buildings.

in Chapter 6 (Where Dragonhawks Dare) in the end cutscene Jaina isnt actually going inside the cave, she just wanders off somewhere in the distance away from the cave.
After trying to make a video of it, it seems like this time she did go inside but the abominations were the ones that went off to the side instead.

In Chapter 7 (Clairvoyant) i wasn't a big fan of controlling both Thrall and Cairne at the same time, since i had them on the shift 2 hotkey from the previous missions, i had to play this mission without using my group hotkey, i think when u start the mission Cairne should be neutral (the player should not be able to see him) similar to the original campaign, and when you finish the part with Thrall then Cairne becomes usable and Thrall and his side of units become neutral.

Also there was this door i couldn't open and this light wall i couldn't get past as well, i did search the map for ways to get them open but i didn't find any.
door.png
wall.png

- In Chapter 8 (The void whispers)
The "Save our Souls" quest isn't working because when i kill a void elf it doesn't go into the count, it stays at 0
count 0.png
  • Cool idea with the faceless one shifter, transforming in the first unit it sees.
  • I also liked that we had to damage Grom a lot before using the poke ball, that was indeed a dumb thing from the original campaign that u could just use the soul gem on Grom when he was 100%, too easy and lame indeed.
  • And the Dark Phoenix following Thrall was interesting, not being able to kill the egg was also nice.

Chapter 9 as a bonus chapter was nice to see, the fight with the new Mannaroth was fun, u did a good job with the whole cinematic as well.
There was this tomb of relics here that i have no idea what is for tho:
tomb.png

It was quite the plot twist that Thrall's spells would be changed like that, to fire spells, i did like that, but i feel like the incinerate spell similar to the original from firelord, it consumes too much mana to use, maybe u can either half the mana cost or just remove it completely, so the hero becomes more fun to play, i couldn't really use incinerate since it runs through the mana like crazy so i never used it, and it is pretty sad.

It seems like 2 chapters are missing after i finished the campaign and went back to replay some missions:
missing chapters.png
Chapter 3 and 5 are missing But i can still play them after i go through the cinematic that plays before the said chapters, so for example in order to replay Chapter 3 i have to watch Shadows over Lordaeron then after the cutscene ends it loads Chapter 3.

@arman193 I think you missed his point. In order to finish BtDP, he needs to account new knowledge he acquired during the making of alternate (that includes fixing AI, terrain, and so on). When working with alternate, you can pretty much discard terrain (or minor edits) and simplify trigger working since it's based on an existing work rather than blank slate. Have you considered these factors into equation?

Working from blank slate is beyond what he can work at the moment, so it is not something he will do in the near future. Yes, he has 3 chapters, but once it hits the 4th, things are going to start from blank, not a template map.

Even working with having a base map advantage already takes a lot of time. Consider if one has to work from 0, it will take longer.

I understand that you want BtDP, but I don't consider it polite to shove and force it over his throat to prioritize that over other works he is doing. I am sure he is more than aware of other top hits work that does not reuse the Warcraft materials.

In my opinion, letting him use alternate as testing ground for future BtDP is a better approach. He can benefit more without risking BtDP down the line, and it help builds confidence for map making skills, and with that getting better understanding of Warcraft III mechanicsmechanics which in the future creates a better BtDP.

Last edited:
Finished this one as well, Pretty funny moments (like the one in Chapter 3 with the cutscene and the troll sounds)
Thanks for the review!
- I liked the new U.I. in Chapter 3 to match the new race.
When i first played this mission, i killed the furbolgs before taking the quest from the dwarves so the quest became unavailable after that (this might be happening in the original campaign as well but yea)
I think you mean chapter 4. The original campaigns' goblins give you access to the Laboratory if you kill the Furbolgs without getting the request, but they don't give you the free shredders.
- The Steam Wrecker is pretty bad, it barely deals dmg with 4 rifleman inside, it feels like a waste to use them, they need to be buffed, the dmg and the attack rate.
I will buff it.
There is a bug in this mission tho, If u skip the cinematic with Cenarius then none of the troll bases are built, the bases will show up only after u visit the defiled fountain with Grom, but they wont build any units from the buildings.
Thanks! I didn't notice it.
in Chapter 6 (Where Dragonhawks Dare) in the end cutscene Jaina isnt actually going inside the cave, she just wanders off somewhere in the distance away from the cave.
After trying to make a video of it, it seems like this time she did go inside but the abominations were the ones that went off to the side instead.
Unlike Knights, Abominations have large collision sizes, so they path the wrong way sometimes. I decided to remove them from the cinematic, so they won't cause this problem again.
In Chapter 7 (Clairvoyant) i wasn't a big fan of controlling both Thrall and Cairne at the same time, since i had them on the shift 2 hotkey from the previous missions, i had to play this mission without using my group hotkey, i think when u start the mission Cairne should be neutral (the player should not be able to see him) similar to the original campaign, and when you finish the part with Thrall then Cairne becomes usable and Thrall and his side of units become neutral.
You can just add the buildings to shift 2 or something if you don't want to accidentally order Cairne. Also making sure Cairne the map doesn't break when Cairne reaches the A'Jun first, as well as adding dialogue from him based on his arrival took a long time, so I'm not going back to 1 hero at a time. Also, since you control both heroes, you can balance the resources between them.
Also there was this door i couldn't open and this light wall i couldn't get past as well, i did search the map for ways to get them open but i didn't find any.
The first one is pretty simple, it's a lever you missed. The second one, like many of the original Wc3 Secrets, requires you to think outside the box. It's not broken, you just need to think of a way to get to the item. I won't say how to reach it, but it can be reached.
- In Chapter 8 (The void whispers)
The "Save our Souls" quest isn't working because when i kill a void elf it doesn't go into the count, it stays at 0
It is, but the counter isn't showing, so you would still lose when it reaches 300, even if the counter doesn't show it. I've fixed the counter in the latest update.
Chapter 9 as a bonus chapter was nice to see, the fight with the new Mannaroth was fun, u did a good job with the whole cinematic as well.
There was this tomb of relics here that i have no idea what is for tho:
It holds Jayn's items from Chapter 8. If you didn't give him anything, there's nothing there.
It was quite the plot twist that Thrall's spells would be changed like that, to fire spells, i did like that, but i feel like the incinerate spell similar to the original from firelord, it consumes too much mana to use, maybe u can either half the mana cost or just remove it completely, so the hero becomes more fun to play, i couldn't really use incinerate since it runs through the mana like crazy so i never used it, and it is pretty sad.
Making it free would make the campaign way too easy. In the original, Thrall had Far Sight as a mostly useless ability and CL and Feral Spirit were enough to get you through the campaign. Soul Burn and Lava Spawn are very good spells, so making Incinerate free would make it way too easy. You need to balance your mana between the 3 spells, which is a good way to experience the melee Firelord's abilities in a campaign setting.
Chapter 3 and 5 are missing But i can still play them after i go through the cinematic that plays before the said chapters, so for example in order to replay Chapter 3 i have to watch Shadows over Lordaeron then after the cutscene ends it loads Chapter 3.
Maybe it's something wrong with your game version? I've watched people on YouTube play my campaigns, and they didn't have this problem.

I said sorry 😕 1: so how you have time to making same story campaing but you not have time to Complete0 new story campaings like beyond the dark portal ! Whats a different 2:you Know the campaings like OutsiderXE or shodow hatred or forsaken (wow story) are realy good and popular look at Downloads on OutsiderXE campaings and look at Downloads you campaing then you Know what Custom campaings are good ‼️OutsiderXE made lord of the clans thrall story in 10 years ago and peoples still playing this campaing becuse its number one😂
Again you're quoting a message and don't even talk about the same thing and you double post...
Please read @Daffa's message since he explained the situation pretty well.

@arman193 I think you missed his point. In order to finish BtDP, he needs to account new knowledge he acquired during the making of alternate (that includes fixing AI, terrain, and so on). When working with alternate, you can pretty much discard terrain (or minor edits) and simplify trigger working since it's based on an existing work rather than blank slate. Have you considered these factors into equation?

Working from blank slate is beyond what he can work at the moment, so it is not something he will do in the near future. Yes, he has 3 chapters, but once it hits the 4th, things are going to start from blank, not a template map.

Even working with having a base map advantage already takes a lot of time. Consider if one has to work from 0, it will take longer.

I understand that you want BtDP, but I don't consider it polite to shove and force it over his throat to prioritize that over other works he is doing. I am sure he is more than aware of other top hits work that does not reuse the Warcraft materials.

In my opinion, letting him use alternate as testing ground for future BtDP is a better approach. He can benefit more without risking BtDP down the line, and it help builds confidence for map making skills, and with that getting better understanding of Warcraft III mechanicsmechanics which in the future creates a better BtDP.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 35
For a bit of perspective, ever since Warcraft 3 came out, there's been a level of intrigue for me (and I imagine many others) in the custom assets within the campaign and the factions they represented. The Frozen Throne really amplified this with how far they went with the Naga, showing just how much effort a company that truly loved their work would put in when it came to going the extra mile. They didn't have to do this, they chose to, and it was wonderful.

I've always had a fascination with these campaign factions and, while I've seen quite a few different interpretations in the modding community by them, I felt I never saw the Corrupted Ancients done in a way I really appreciated. A couple were in the sort of general ballpark area, but none of them really quite "cut it" for me. So, I worked on my own. Did everything I felt was appropriate for it, should update it at some point, been meaning to but I've been procrastinating. Still, I saw my vision through, for better or for worse.

The point I am making with this short story is that at no point did I tell anybody who did their own interpretation that theirs was crap - I might not have agreed with the vast majority of them, but they still did their own interpretation and they worked on something they wanted to work on. It's fine if you don't like this campaign, just the same as it's fine if people don't like my Corrupted Ancients or if they don't like any project on here, but come on, we're not here to make content for you. We make content that we want to make and upload it so that it's accessible to others, and there is a difference. It's fundamental.

Anyway, this isn't simply opinion sharing, this is active discouragement of content creators on the site. If you can't tell the difference, then perhaps it's time to stop doubling down and time to start realizing that nobody is agreeing with your "hot take". @Xetanth87 worked on what he wanted to work on, uploaded it to hive and I hope he continues to do so and continues to enjoy the experience.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Arman193 said:
Hah man You removed my comment and also reported me becuse you not had answer for that question and was realy angry 😂‼️
I said true and true was sad for you
Also iam wow player and warcraft 3 player i love both even i love wc3 more than wow also i want say this is not your business you just answer my past question loser

A mod removed your post because it was offensive.
Your behaviour now only proves your lack of manners and your childishness.

Last edited:
Hah man You removed my comment and also reported me becuse you not had answer for that question and was realy angry 😂‼️
Also iam wow player and warcraft 3 player i love both even i love wc3 more than wow also i want say this is not your business you just answer my past question loser:)
I did not remove your comment. If you look, you can see my comments as well as @Shar Dundred's comments were removed as well. I did report your comment because you act like a spoiled kid that demands people to make what he wants, even though they make it for free, not because I didn't have an answer. I answered every single comment of yours. Also, you're flooding the comment section with unnecessary hate.
also i want say this is not your business
This is a great message you can tell yourself.
Take care.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Also iam wow player and warcraft 3 player i love both even i love wc3 more than wow also i want say this is not your business you just answer my past question loser:)
And this one will be removed as well!

Edit: A lot of reports were sent for this guy and even though, he didnt stop. All at peace now, I took care of the situation! :D

Man, I just saw his response, I guess he thought I removed his posts.
He thought I was the one who removed them, since I am the author of the thread. His response was clearly directed at me, saying that I didn't answer his question. Whatever that means. That said, I have no idea why he quoted your post. He quotes the first post he sees and talks about something completely different.

Level 23
I have completed this campaign and I must say that compared to your previous work in this series of campaigns, I think you have improved a lot. There is greater customization and a more successful adaptation of certain missions. This campaign in particular, I never really liked the original and I think you've done a good job with it.

Thank you for your work and for share it 4/5

Regards.

Level 28
First level:

Felguards still have Chaos damage.

Maybe give Footmen the Grunt voice since they have voicelines.

When the first group of 1 Footman and 2 Savages is rescued, Thrall's voiceline doesn't play.

Some of the voice mixing is incomplete, making dialogues kind of awkward when the expected line doesn't play after a modified one (e.g. Thrall refers to himself and his troops as humans, but then Cairne doesn't speak the next line).

No music played during the level.

-

So how'd they make it to Draenor? Or is Draenor on the same planet as the other continents in this universe?

Last edited:
First level:

Felguards still have Chaos damage.

Maybe give Footmen the Grunt voice since they have voicelines.

When the first group of 1 Footman and 2 Savages is rescued, Thrall's voiceline doesn't play.

Some of the voice mixing is incomplete, making dialogues kind of awkward when the expected line doesn't play after a modified one (e.g. Thrall refers to himself and his troops as humans, but then Cairne doesn't speak the next line).

No music played during the level.

-

So how'd they make it to Draenor? Or is Draenor on the same planet as the other continents in this universe?
Most neutral creeps are left the same, but some Eredar get Piercing attacks, so they get reflected by Footmen.

No, I try to make the original dialogue work with the new units (cutting the word Warchief from every sentence), but it would make no sense to give Footmen the Grunt quotes, especially when the unit swaps aren't 1-to-1.

Not all lines are voiced. The edits that I make that sound well are used, but the bad ones or the ones that I can't make are left silent. It's not perfect, but it's better than leaving all lines muted or only using lines that I can edit (since this limits creativity to the words the units already say).

No music played is a Warcraft III bug. Usually, the first map I play after starting Wc3 doesn't have music.

"Draenor" is the southern part of Kalimdor. Basically, it is the name of the Alternate version of the Barrens. They sailed west and this is the land they found. Similar to how Northrend was replaced by Ashenvale and Arthas chose to go north to Ashenvale rather than west to Kalimdor as the Prophet told him, so in this universe Kalimdor and Ashenvale are separate continents. Outland remains a completely different planet, but will have a separate tileset and has nothing to do with this Draenor.

Edit: I've made this map for anyone confused:
WorldMap.png

Last edited:
Level 28
Third level:

Warsong archers have no mana regen.
* OK, apparently it's intentional. Units that don't regenerate mana should mention it in the tooltips.

Fourth level:

Blood Elf music doesn't loop, it only plays once when starting or loading the level.

Extractors sometimes randomly stop harvesting, without orders given or running out of trees.

Fifth level:

I think the centaur Keeper of the Centaur Grove was saying something as he attacked, it should be subtitled (sadly, I missed the entire fight with him as the base defenders required babysitting).

Sixth level:

Cairne being the one who makes the Draenei building should be a hint, especially the "if he's the only one selected" part.

Steam Wrecker can't target air units with its Rifleman attack.

... "A Morshu model for Warcraft III exists" is not a thing I ever expected to learn, and yet here we are.

Morshu quest:
  • merchant, Morshu -> merchant Morshu (or a comma before and after the name)
  • retrive -> retrieve

Seventh level:

Oooh. Good take on the "no sheep in this land" bit.

Hungry Hungry Lizard stopped eating trees at one point and I had to kill him to get past him.

OK, I eventually figured out the Orb of Lightning. Still feels kinda like cheating though.

Eighth level:

Intro: After she transforms, Jaina is still called Jaina instead of her dreadlord name. ("Miss-ter Proudmoore" is more hilarious than it has any right to be).

Void Elf Deaths scoreboard is still onscreen during the Infernal and Grom cutscenes.

Got a game crash during the "Grom reached" cutscene, and when trying to load a previous save.

Ninth level:

Quest description is the same as the "bring Grom's soul to the circle" one.

Tomb of Relics only has an Orb of Corruption for sale, which is unavailable for lack of a Black Citadel.

Cairne's healing ability needs to affect him.

Overall, I liked the new elements added such as dwarf units or Grom's faction having a separate techtree, although some of those changes could use work (the Mana Wagons could have both the single-target mana refill and Replenish Mana, Shield Breaker having more armor than equivalent units). The lack of healing in the last two levels makes them pointlessly difficult as well.

Extractors sometimes randomly stop harvesting, without orders given or running out of trees.
I'll see if I can fix it. Usually happens when you order 2 Extractors to transmute the same tree. Might not be possible to fix.

I think the centaur Keeper of the Centaur Grove was saying something as he attacked, it should be subtitled (sadly, I missed the entire fight with him as the base defenders required babysitting).
Some beta spell cries. Not anything of substance, just calling out his abilities.

Cairne being the one who makes the Draenei building should be a hint, especially the "if he's the only one selected" part.
Good idea. For some reason, abilities made from Tiny Great Hall don't show up in the command card if you have multiple units selected.

Steam Wrecker can't target air units with its Rifleman attack.
It can, but it's not with its attack. It's a passive attack that happens periodically (Phoenix fire).

... "A Morshu model for Warcraft III exists" is not a thing I ever expected to learn, and yet here we are.
It doesn't. I used an Architect model found on Hive, and I edited the textures to make him look like Morshu. This is what his texture file looks like.
1648286237065.png

Intro: After she transforms, Jaina is still called Jaina instead of her dreadlord name. ("Miss-ter Proudmoore" is more hilarious than it has any right to be).
That's what happens in Overgrowth as well.

Void Elf Deaths scoreboard is still onscreen during the Infernal and Grom cutscenes.
Will fix.

Got a game crash during the "Grom reached" cutscene, and when trying to load a previous save.
Probably a leak. I'll have to check.

Tomb of Relics only has an Orb of Corruption for sale, which is unavailable for lack of a Black Citadel.
Intended.

Cairne's healing ability needs to affect him.
If you are careful, you won't need it.

Mana Wagons could have both the single-target mana refill and Replenish Mana
What do you mean by this? Replenish Mana works like Moon Wells. Select multiple units and click the wagon => all of them get mana. Select one unit => only that unit gets mana. Select the Wagon and click an unit => only that unit gets the mana.

The lack of healing in the last two levels makes them pointlessly difficult as well.
Penultimate chapter: Holy Radiance, Touch of Purity, Vampiric Aura, Essence of Blight, Heal (rescued Priests)
Last chapter: Holy Radiance is enough. You have 2 heroes that can summon units to tank the damage.

Last edited:
I haven't played yet, but the idea in itself is really good!! I wish there could be some kind of platform where users raise fund to support mapmakers to focus on mapmaking.
Thanks! Players can support this project on Patreon or BuyMeACoffee at the links posted in the thread.

Level 7
it doesn't show up in the custom campign :( Am I the only one ? or Do I need to download another file to play? Maybe my warcraft exe has a problem.

Level 28
Where can I down load 1.31? I can't play it in Reforged....

Please note that this requires a CD-Key. Also, you must start the game using the "Warcraft III.exe" or else you'll end up getting Reforged instead.
Edit: The author had provided the download link for 1.31.1 in description, so you might try that one.

Level 7

Please note that this requires a CD-Key. Also, you must start the game using the "Warcraft III.exe" or else you'll end up getting Reforged instead.
Edit: The author had provided the download link for 1.31.1 in description, so you might try that one.
Thanks a lot!!

Level 5
That one was difficult for me albeit fun. This has more changes than the other campaigns which I love, personally. However I just couldn't get warm with the high elf units - or rather the mana mechanic, it just didn't click with me, felt micromanagy AF ^^ I didn't find the easter egg you mentioned above, please spoil it for me :D
Was it turning the Archmage into Firemage? It kinda happened out of the blue or are there any conditions for that if this was the easter egg?^^
I also didn't expect the race swap regarding Drenai and Eredar, that was really cool. Appreciating it that most of the Eredar don't do chaos damage lol That'd been a mess, oh boy. Imagine. Either way it was a very interesting experience, heh. Can't wait with what you come up next. TFT's gonna be VERY interesting and hopefully with a lot of cool modifications too.

That one was difficult for me albeit fun. This has more changes than the other campaigns which I love, personally. However I just couldn't get warm with the high elf units - or rather the mana mechanic, it just didn't click with me, felt micromanagy AF ^^ I didn't find the easter egg you mentioned above, please spoil it for me :D
Was it turning the Archmage into Firemage? It kinda happened out of the blue or are there any conditions for that if this was the easter egg?^^
I also didn't expect the race swap regarding Drenai and Eredar, that was really cool. Appreciating it that most of the Eredar don't do chaos damage lol That'd been a mess, oh boy. Imagine. Either way it was a very interesting experience, heh. Can't wait with what you come up next. TFT's gonna be VERY interesting and hopefully with a lot of cool modifications too.
The Easter egg is not very obvious. If you find it, you can tell me in private. I don't want people to get it spoiled. Some Eredar don't do chaos damage because I wanted the player to reflect piercing attacks with the improved defend. You can play the prerelease version of Spirituality's End