1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Techtree Contest #13 - Coloured Mana [Optionally Paired]

Discussion in 'The Arena' started by Spellbound, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Spellbound can compete? That rascal, you'll make a great dynamic duo

That model wip looks badass so far, definitely looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with :D

2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The Host can always compete. ; )

3. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Table updated. Keep it up guys :]

4. Leods

Leods

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ohh God, there is a team!
    @Wazzz , Considering these ... Events, I would like to ask if you do not want to form a duo. After all, we are both experimenting with Black, and using, as a base, human units. Unfortunately, we have already started our techtrees, but an alliance between Cult of the Damned and Bandits is not at all unfeasible in Lore. In fact, the bandits, poor and peasants are among the main recruited by the Cult, since they are easily manipulated.
    At least, as i see, you have Structures. I REALLY need structures now.

5. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Leods I am afraid I do not, I already have a concise idea of what I want to do and this is going to lead into my second WIP

WIP 2
    WIP 2.jpg

This is the rest of the line up that I am intending to have for my race so far.

Starting from the left is the Black Market, which is the Blacksmith for the faction. It serves as a drop-off point for lumber and provides research through the acquisition of recently... liberated merchandise. One such upgrade is the Cheaper Construction Materials, where highwaymen provide caravans they have successfully procured for a discounted price, allowing structures to be built faster.

Next is the Sewer Tunnels, which enables the production of the faction's Ratmen units. Functioning similarly to the Workshop for the humans, these units provide a critical role for the Bandit's Operations.
    The units from the Sewer Tunnels are as follows:
    - The "Ratman", a heavy melee unit which, while a little more fragile than the heavy melee units of other factions, compensate by being a little cheaper, more accessible and fighting dirty. Through research, these get the Disease ability, a passive that reduces the Healing Rate of a target enemy unit.
    - The "Ratling Gunner", a support siege unit, providing AoE damage from the backlines. This unit can be upgraded to do bonus damage against structures, as well as be upgraded to have a faster attack rate.
    - The "Sharpshooter Team", a long-range sniper unit. Shooting enemies from afar, this unit is intended to capitalize on the Bandits "ambush" style of play, dealing substantial damage but not taking much back in return.

The third building in this lineup is the Tavern, the Bandit's equivalent of the Altar. From here, you can get their Hero, the Bandit Lord, which is intended to play as the embodiment of selfishness, depravity and the will to power. Despite riding on a powerful steed, it is more a symbol of wealth and posterity through ill-gotten gains, as well as a useful tool for making a quick escape.

Finally, is the Shadow Works, which provides access to two more units:
    - The "Shadow Stalker", an anti-caster unit that can utilize abilities to grant itself more mobility in its pursuit of opposing targets.
    - The "Shadow Dragon", a flying dragon which relies more on the use of cunning and stealth than the brute force of other Dragons within the game.

Lastly, is the addition of the caster unit for the faction, the Renegade Wizard. This unit is accessible via the Thieves Guild, and will provide a more mobile caster unit that can rapidly respond to enemy threats... or just as quickly retreat.

A lot of these ideas are still being developed in terms of abilities and research options, some are already incorporate while others have yet to be fully fleshed out. This is the general gist of what I am going for with the Bandit Faction so far, and while more "traditional" in the sense of it uses ingame inspiration a lot to build a faction around a set of creep units, I just have a soft spot for the theme :)

6. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good move to involve the Skaven models! :)

7. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've been wanting to do a faction like this for a time, and had the idea a while back to do it in this sort of style, so I sort of had the clear idea of what I wanted to do with the faction, it's nice to finally be able to put it to work :D

My only regret is that with the Bandit as a unit, there's no real way for me to use that really nice clanrat model Gluma made

8. Riki Martin

Riki Martin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello again.

I'm sorry for leaving the previous techtree contest, but I was forced
    for reasons beyond my control. I'll join again and my color will be Black and a Night Elf themed race.

Soon I'll present my first WIP.

Here's my first WIP:
    Dark Elves WIP.PNG

From left to right:

Evoker: Worker, also at the cost of mana can summon Elemental Souls (weak spirits that lose HP quickly and are necessary for create buildings).

Zealot: Basic melee, although very fragile (the weakest in terms of HP) have a good damage output and two powerful passive abilities.
    -Sneak Attack give her a chance of deal pure damage on attacks.
    -Vendetta, that is unlocked on late game, give a chance when attacked of greatly increases attack speed for some seconds and protect herself of a great percentage of damage taken during this time.

Drider: Ranged unit with fast movement that gets more letal against weakened enemies.
    -Toxic Arrows applies a poison on target that causes more effects based on its current life.
    -Can also be upgraded to receive True Vision but with lesser range.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2019
  9. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Here's another WIP:

upload_2019-8-20_23-11-23.png

New Unit:

Valkyrian (or Vor'thuuns): (Haven't fully decided on the name)

A medium caster that specializes in disruption. Can initially cast Last Word, which permanently silences an enemy unit (3 seconds for Heroes) if they cast a spell and 5 seconds (1.5 seconds for Heroes) otherwise during a 4-second debuff period. Can learn Aether Realm and Revelation.

upload_2019-8-20_23-18-46.png

In order of appearance (Clockwise, starting from building directly on top of Gold Mine):

1. Archonopolis (Town Hall)
    2. Altar of Orderion (Hero production)
    3. Academy (Primary troop production)
    4. Hall of Oathkeepers (Research building)
    5. Orduonic Camp (Burrow functionality, and farm sized)
    6. {Not in model} Acquisitioned Gold Mine.

upload_2019-8-20_23-20-47.png

In order of appearance (from left to right):
    1. Orduon
    2. Arbiter
    3. Valkyrian or Vor'thuuns
    4. Glaive-bearer

Attached Files:

10. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Looking good!

11. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's some exciting stuff!

Here's a couple more WIPs.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please stop, you are scaring me :(

What is your faction, by the way? It seems pretty mystical so far, as I might expect from the Blue theme and... well... partnering with Spellbound :p

13. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We're making a Coastal Elven Civilisation. Mystical indeed, his name is Spellbound. :D

14. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Coastal Elven Civilization? Nice, I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with :D

I also look forward to showing more Bandit stuff soon

15. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Dang I forgot that you can model buildings too why didn't you remind me so many Troll building models I need!... Coastal Elves sounds new & cool.

16. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    damn more troll buildings sure would be nice to have i also enjoy the idea of coastal elves

17. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good work with the WIPs guys. Keep pumping them up.

Here's a shitty spell preview I did for the Heavy Assailant hero:

Pause the video if you want to read the spells' descriptions. Prawn AI broke and messed up the preview, but I'm too lazy to make another video.

18. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Contestant table updated! Good progress guys. Keep up the pace ^^

19. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have some more WIPs.

Here's how my race (named it the Xetkin Clan) works in terms of training system:

And another one here, introducing the Cutthroats. They can swap attacks from ranged to melee and vice versa. When engaged in close combat or ordered to attack units near them, they will swap to melee attack. When ordered to attack enemies from afar, they will swap back to ranged attack.

20. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice updates so far. Decided to put a little something together to spotlight a particular building for my faction: The Black Market.

The Black Market
    The Black Market.jpg

This is the general gist of the idea so far, as well as the research options I have incorporated for the faction.