1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Techtree Contest #13 - Coloured Mana [Optionally Paired]

Discussion in 'The Arena' started by Spellbound, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Bannar

Bannar

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    What's up?

2. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hey. Wanna participate? :]

3. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Second WIP:

Introducing two units (Arbiter and Glaive-bearer). (Tier one units with Tier three spells)

Arbiter: A light unit that deals minor damage. Physical resistance grows exponentially, and attack speed increases exponentially. Has Purity Field, which dispels magical buffs from enemies, granting 0.5 hit point regen per buff, which lasts for 10 seconds.

Glaive-bearer: A light ranged unit, particularly with a deadly glaive of oppression. If left alone, they can turn your tank into mincemeat, but they are especially fragile. Has Glaive Fragment, which applies a mark onto a target unit. If the target unit sustains 5 marks, the target receives damage based on his health pool (3% of maximum health for units, and 1.5% of current health for Heroes). The damage applied is pure (ignores almost all reductions and amplifications).

A gif shows what the Glaive-bearers are truly capable of:
    (In the gif, the Glaive Fragment spell was modified to deal 15% of maximum health as damage for units)

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

4. The_Spellweaver

The_Spellweaver

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hi, I'm working on a concept and am so excited for this!

My chosen color is Blue.

I'm not an avid mtg player but it gave me lots of ideas. I don't really mind about place, just wanna make something wild.
    @Storm Knight is in it as well.

Can you add the row to the table please? xd

5. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    WIPs looking good so far. Here's my first one. The first hero is a caster and the other one is a tanky fighter. Icons below their models are their spells.

WIP1.png

6. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So far the WIPs are looking pretty interesting, I'm curious to see how everybody progresses.

Here's a pretty early WIP from me, too. I've decided to go with my initial idea of following the Black Sphere with a Bandit Faction.

So far the units implemented are the Villager as the Worker, the Bandit as the basic melee and the Brigand as the basic ranged.

While what I am developing so far could certainly be considered a more traditional lineup for an additional faction, I am primarily hoping to have a lot of fun with the concept itself and am exploring new avenues for what can be implemented in terms of gameplay and the likes - all while adhering to the philosophy of the selfish ambition that is represented by the Black Sphere.

The Tower, when loaded with Villagers, can shoot multiple targets, an extra target per Villager that enters it.

The Tent is intended to be able to hold one unit at a time, and while holding them, heal them as they rest until they are ready to be redeployed in an Ambush

The Bandit and the Brigand both share a Parry ability, where they enter a defensive mode that enables them an Evasion chance to dodge any attacks at the cost of movement speed. The Brigand can also be upgraded to have an Envenomed Weapons ability.
    Both the Bandit and Brigand also share a Hide ability, which can be upgraded to function during the day.

There are other units and the likes that I have in mind for now, but these are the ideas I have either implemented or are in the process of implementing thusfar.

WIP 1
    WIP 1.jpg

7. Leods

Leods

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, all this WIPS look great. Soon, I will post another WIP, with the 9 principal units (exceptly siege and worker units). After that, I will start with the heroes.

Well, there is a really interesting paradox about that. If you use the current life, without any minimal damage, the Hero will never die. Also, the damage will be
    minor, and minor, decreasing infinitely, but never reaching 0. The paradox is named as "Achilles and the turtle".

8. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I believe it also goes by another name, "Zeno's Paradox".

The current health percentage is mostly for balancing purposes, with units receiving damage based on their max HP.

Edit:

Oh, another thing I'll include is an ultimate spell (just a concept for now).

Requiem of Souls - No, not the Dota variant. The ability will record the history of the area around the caster. After 4 seconds, any allied unit that died within range of the spell during that time (and had not been removed yet) will be revived, slowly returning towards their initial position, and their initial health. (With animation speed inverted). If the caster dies while the second phase is ongoing, the revival will be undone, and the revived units will die again.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  9. Astaroth Zion

Astaroth Zion

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I am an avid MTG player, I will gladly follow this contest, cheers to all the contestants. I am eager to see, test and enjoy your submissions.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  10. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not exactly a WIP, but I need your opinions. Which building type fits better for a lizardman race? Draenei or Naga?

WIP2.png

11. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

Oh that is tricky, Retera's Draenei buildings are pretty cool. Although I think the Naga one may fit better, but it's certainly a tough call and depends on how you use it.

12. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ujimasa Hojo's highborne buildings are pretty good for them I think.

13. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Why not both dot gif?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  14. Leods

Leods

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Some WIPS about all my non siege and non worker units, all finished:
    WC3ScrnShot_081519_132037_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_081519_132251_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_081519_132419_04.jpg

I have an amount of ideas for the rest:
    Worker: Human slave. He will be very cheap and weak, and, after 5 minutes, will automatically die, for the toxic gases and the very bad health conditions. If the slave dies, it will spawn a dusty skeleton, permanently, with similar statistics than Militia, but a bit better. Very useful for defense.
    Siege unit: Well... Here I have nothing.
    Heroes: Arch-Lich, Arch-necromancer, Flesh Lord (Abomination) and Geist. I have some abilitie ideas here.
    Structures: Of course, the Pest boiler (a good model link will be grateful), a slow but powerful tower of area damage and per second (Scourge tower), and ... I think nothing more.

Edit: Again... My colour is black. I don't know if it cares, but the list continues to name me as red.

15. AMarkov

AMarkov

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry for bad english
    Faction: Red
    Race: Clan Khatra

• The nomadic Centaur race has conquered goblins and desert creatures. It uses weak and cowardly goblins as cannon fodder, as well as to support more powerful forces (for example, an Ogre can eat a goblin to restore health, or another Ogre will gladly throw the goblin at the enemy).
    • Buildings stand through Kodo, they can also be assembled back, which increases the mobility of the base.
    • Unique mechanics are blood. In a fight with an enemy with a certain chance, blood is generated, an auxiliary resource that can be spent on individual improvements of soldiers in your army (for example, a Khatra-warrior can improve his attack and health characteristics).

WIP #1

KhatraWIP1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  16. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    What do you mean?

Anyways, here's my progress so far:

WIP2.png

The training system works like Battle Realms (props if you ever played this awesome game)
    Peasants (the one with the straw hat) can train in barracks by right clicking the barracks and they'll come out as soldiers (the one with the spear and shield)

Miners (on the far right) will spawn when you build a Miner's Hut. They cannot be controlled and will automatically mine the nearest gold mine available.

17. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    (I misspoke; it's supposed to be "dot" not "for". My bad.)

Very cool! I've been dying to see a Lizardman race ever since Gluma started owning face with his epic model series. Good on ya!

18. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see. I'm not sure I can make Draenei and Naga buildings fit together though. They both have distinct features that suits part of a lizardman race, so it's gonna be a tough call.

19. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Lizardman race is looking pretty cool so far, and I'm especially intrigued by the inspiration from Battle Realms, bizarre game as it was

20. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey guys! :) Neat WIPs.

@Spellbound and I are teaming up for a blue faction.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: