• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #13 - Coloured Mana [Optionally Paired]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Well damn, Spellbound, that system's already looking amazing and doing a good job of intimidating me for the competition :D

Also, I would like to provide another update to my techtree, this time for the Base Buildings (Town Hall, Food Production and Base Defense to be exact):

Bandit Base Buildings 2.jpg

Ideally, I hope to accomplish what may be described as the "Quintessential" Bandit Faction, hopefully to such a degree that it is difficult to imagine it being anything else.

Level 11
WIP

Unit production
Ohh feared Cthulu, that's excellent!
You used the structure creation abilitie and units, but with a movile unit? In that case, I wonder how you saved the problem of casting with target units, limited in buildings.
Also, you should analyze the possible imbalance in this capacity, which, if you manage to solve it, will make you the undisputed and absolute leader of ingenious ideas. As it seems, with sufficient resources, it could not only summon several units at once in a single building, but also summon more than 7. Then, with enough savings, I could, for example, and using Undead units, create a dozen Wyrms, in just one minute, something that, well used, would give a great advantage in massive attacks, or in post-defense recovery.
Before that, if you execute this well, you are likely to win another first prize. It already was, of course, with your threatening experience ...

You used the structure creation abilitie and units, but with a movile unit? In that case, I wonder how you saved the problem of casting with target units, limited in buildings.
It's actually done by detecting when a unit is ordered to be trained - the order itself is identified and a special effect is created that is constantly moved at the location of the mouse. This is why it looks a bit jittery because the onMouseMove event doesn't fire fast enough for a constant tracking to look smooth. Anyway, a left click is a confirmation and a right click is a cancel. Holding shift allows you to prevent the sequence from ending, just as you would with a normal spell.

This system also checks if the ground is walkable for ground units and if not the model will turn red to indicate that.

If the contest was for designing a system, perhaps. Ultimately, it falls down to how the techtree is designed in many facets.
^ This

Level 11
It's actually done by detecting when a unit is ordered to be trained - the order itself is identified and a special effect is created that is constantly moved at the location of the mouse. This is why it looks a bit jittery because the onMouseMove event doesn't fire fast enough for a constant tracking to look smooth. Anyway, a left click is a confirmation and a right click is a cancel. Holding shift allows you to prevent the sequence from ending, just as you would with a normal spell.
Awesome... Somehow, you solved the problem. I said the above because, if you place a unit in the building construction zone, it will be "built" very similar to the one seen in the video (which is why, when I noticed this a year ago, I tried to develop a race that would be completely managed by this personalized construction system), but, of course, this would generate bugs.
If the contest was for designing a system, perhaps. Ultimately, it falls down to how the techtree is designed in many facets.

Personally I'm just looking forward to seeing the final product, it seems very inspiring so far :D
Of course, i just sayed that because:
Indicates how comparable the Faction is in terms of 'playability'; i.e. the ideal Faction should win/lose 50% of the time against others of it's class. Overpowered or Underpowered units/heroes/abilities/etc will result in a poor score; properly balanced elements will result in a good score.
They are just five points, of course, but I'm a bit worried. Also, I think that the entries of these techtree contest would be even more wonderful if, at the end of a contest, they were just collected, and, in case of being sufficiently balanced, be used for a joint map "representative of the contest", free to download for those who have not been attentive to it, or who just don't know Hive, but play custom maps from Battle.net.

Level 16
Well this is what i can show for now.
Not much byt a start, right now i havent decided for a solid name but itt will probably be somethings in the likes of "Remnant Legion" / "Underdark/Black Reavers" etc.

As for the faction backstory/description:
I plan it as a bunch of powerhungry individuals who chased by the law system of the countries above, managed to hide somewhere in the vast cavern systems under the main continents of the known world.
It is a band of outcasts, bandits, brigands, mad scientists, necromancers, warlocks supported by various underground native species like the shadow elves, dark dwarves and others.

Currently i started with SE shown on screen.
upload_2019-8-27_20-15-33.png

So far the tech tree looks like this:
T1
1. Worker- Drudge - race still undecided but probably a humanoid
2. Meele - at first i planed it as a Brigand, but seeing Wazzz's tech tree i'll go with some alternatives i had in mind so it will probably end up as either Extortionist,Cutthroat,Deserter or a Convict
3. Ranged - None ATM.
T2:
4.Spellcaster 1 : Witchmaster : Some autocast ability, some form of CC and morph into bats.
5.Spellcaster 2 : Crazed alchemist - probably some potion stuff? I plan his abilities as mostly some sort of buff with heavy negative consequences for example : Each time your unit gets healed it looses some of its max HP.
6.Flying 1: Shrieker - some batlike beast/beast rider form with echolocation for detecting invisible enemies and a second - undecided- ability.
7.Flying 2: Bloat Flyer- large aerial siege unit with a corrosive spit and maybe a devour like ability
T3- The units described here will probaqbly be on a lower tier but i put them here for the sake of simplicity:
10.Special 1 - Lycanthrope / Shapeshifter - a weewolf unit with 2 porms and a passive day/night shifting ability. I plan to make him focused on some sort of negative buffs like fear
11.Special 2 - Backstaber - originally planed as a dwarven assasin unit with low armor, quite high attack damage and a permanent invisibility - currently lacking a dwarven rogue model - maybe with enough time i'll be able to create one (havent made a model in almost 5 years)
12.Special 3 - Slaver will probably end up as a T1 or T2 unit with 3 abilities : Enslave/Slave colat (captures an enemy unit up to lvl 3/4) the unit is slowed and stripped of all armor and can be used as cannon fodder or sold at the slave market (shop building) for some extra resources. Lash- a whip strike which makes nearby worker units work faster or will give all nearby friendly units some movement speed at the cost of some HPs. And finally a passive Thorny whip - simply put extra damage against a certain armor type.

As for the heroes despite the 3 in the pic, might be completely different:
Currently in plan:
Mistress of Pain
Grand Apothecary
Outlaw/Bandit Hero
The plan lacks the fourth here but most likely it will either be another SE or a dwarf of some sort.

Level 19
Wow, I have never checked any techtree contests but it seems there's a party going on here!

Are the contestants supposed to model their own units or use any unit from the Hive or even Vanilla game? They are only supposed to create a new race using whatever assets they can use, right?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Heck yeah baby!

Contestants simply create a custom Techtree, following the Rules of the Contest; sometimes that means no imports, limited imports, no-limit imports, and sometimes even "feel free to make your own". In this case I believe the Rules stipulate the latter.

If you're interested, consider joining! It can be great fun. : )

Level 11
Here we go with another WIP:
WC3ScrnShot_082619_195355_01.jpg
From left to right:
1. Pest tower: Siege attack, and Death cloud abilitie.
2. Ziggurat Center// Ziggurat monolite// Ziggurat Necropoli: Main building. I choosed a ziggurat theme because, in the lore, the Ziggurats are not simple or little structures:
latest

3. Infected house: Grant food support. Can create temporal Zombies from corpses. With a lot of this houses, these zombies will be very useful in defense.
4. Plague cauldron, I explained it in my previous WIP.

A little question: Does the upgrades of the main building count as new structures, in the rule of "at least 8 structures"? I have plenty of ideas to overcome this number, but it would be nice to know exactly how much I need.

A little question: Does the upgrades of the main building count as new structures, in the rule of "at least 8 structures"? I have plenty of ideas to overcome this number, but it would be nice to know exactly how much I need.
For the purposes of this contest, I'd say all three levels of the town hall constitute as 1 building. There are plenty of other structures that can fill the quota, as you said :) (shops, altar, food production, 1 - 4 unit factories, tech buildings, etc)

Level 35
I believe it also counts as just one structure if you have your defense tower upgrade to other defense towers (like with the Human Scout Tower upgrading to Guard Tower, Cannon Tower and Arcane Tower), but I think in the case of the Ziggurat upgrading to the Spirit Tower, it might count as two separate structures - or a merging of the two, perhaps? That might be where the line blurs a little.

I found it pretty easy though, as I have 8 structures and still have not got a shop building (although I may add one later, I mostly want to get the base template of the faction completed first)

Indeed, I think it's worth specifying.
If a building changes role, this upgraded building is counted as an additional building. However, for example, if you Barracks upgrades to a High Barracks to enable the production of an additional unit or unlock new upgrades, then it's arguably the same building. If the Barracks instead upgrades to a Fortification and becomes a defense structure that can no longer train but attack nearby enemies, then it's a new building.

Level 19
Heck yeah baby!

Contestants simply create a custom Techtree, following the Rules of the Contest; sometimes that means no imports, limited imports, no-limit imports, and sometimes even "feel free to make your own". In this case I believe the Rules stipulate the latter.

If you're interested, consider joining! It can be great fun. : )

You don't have to make your own resources beyond the techtree itself, but you can do whatever you want to add flourish to your entry, just as long as you have fun with it :)

Say no more guys, you now have a new blood in here! :ogre_hurrhurr:

Thanks for the replies ^^

Level 35
Say no more guys, you now have a new blood in here! :ogre_hurrhurr:

Nice, I look forward to seeing what you can come up with :D

I think when it comes to the Ziggurat to Spirit Tower, it's pretty interesting because it still maintains the Food Production aspect, but then serves the role as a Defense Tower. I think that specification helps tie up loose ends particularly well, outside of that it's pretty much just a case of using your own judgment I guess? Like, if you're having fun making the Techtree, maybe you'll think of all these fun ideas to play around with and think of things you want to add and stuff ^_^

I was really looking forward to joining this contest... But then I purchased subscription for WoW classic...

I might still give it a shot though
Sign me in to White

Always accepting new contestants.

Anyways,here's another WIP, presenting the new Freedom Fighter hero. Sorry about the bad quality, but it is what it is.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
*Voice Actor's Contest would like to know your location*

Dude wait you're the guy who asked about custom voice lines? That's it, isn't it?? Holy cow, that's already cooler than I thought it'd be (& I already thought it would be nifty)... I have to say it really didn't sound too out-of-place in Warcraft; plz share your secrets.

Also promise to include all the voice lines in another video. ; )

*Voice Actor's Contest would like to know your location*

Dude wait you're the guy who asked about custom voice lines? That's it, isn't it?? Holy cow, that's already cooler than I thought it'd be (& I already thought it would be nifty)... I have to say it really didn't sound too out-of-place in Warcraft; plz share your secrets.

Also promise to include all the voice lines in another video. ; )

I'm flattered! The voices are from Battle Realms (awesome game I played from my childhood)

That explains it (no offense, it just sounded really professionally done, and I was a tiny bit skeptical you had just come up with it seemingly out of nowhere). Still awexome. How'd you get that into Warcraft properly?

Had to go through a bunch of things to get it into Warcraft. Changing their bit resolution, sampling rate and audio channels, and I had to lower their volumes and compress them to match Warcraft's sound.

Level 16
Wow I'm really impressed. That's Otomo if I'm not mistaken( or is it Shinja?)
I'm personally interested if you menages to make it a completely new unit sound or you had to replace one of the existing ones?

Wow I'm really impressed. That's Otomo if I'm not mistaken( or is it Shinja?)
I'm personally interested if you menages to make it a completely new unit sound or you had to replace one of the existing ones?

It's Shinja (He yells "Serpent" often).
I replace existing voice sets with the new custom ones. In this case, the centaur. I don't think it's possible to create new unit voices.

sounds.png

EDIT: Also, that ultimate can cut trees lol
ffwipspinlol.gif

Last edited:
Here's a little preview of the final hero, Storm Witch. Video below showcases her ult.

Video quality is a lot better now. I got Fraps working properly. There's a few things to take notes here:

- She doesn't have a custom voice set. Might not be implemented because there's nothing that suits her.
- She can move while ulting.
- Despite what you see, the stun doesn't last that long. It only does because those orcs are paused.

Last edited:
Level 29
There is no Green yet. Point me as Green faction. I wish to try.

Phase1 complete building models and units done.
Phase2 unit icons and units names on going.

View attachment 331892

View attachment 331898

edit: changed the shop.

Great progress guys, I will try to catch you up.

I got all the units and building icons, and sounds determined.
I got the triggering to play the new race.

and here I want to comment/ ask feedback of what I did (I am not triggerer, I know how to read them and how to make silly stuff).

Play as NE, Write a command in the chat : .new , that command turn on triggers that are initially of.

the triggers start to work, conditions some cheap comparisons, I do the replace of the wisp and tree of life like a cake :)

the problem is the main event that triggers, I couldnt find better method with my limited knoledge.

so the thing is

-Play NE
- Write: .new (you have 30 secs to do so).
- select tree of life --> is replaced with the custom townhall.
- select all your wisps --> they are replaced with the custom workers.

upload_2019-9-1_14-47-20.png

upload_2019-9-1_14-46-30.png

And I am starting to work on the fist unit the Forest Walker, the T1 melee. it will be a low hp (340) melee but with resurrection, so is like a grunt (in hp), I did the models and icons put on the orcs race.
and it will have a vanila cheap bonus regeneration in T2, and aiming to put a custom T3 skill that improves speed and armor. (a trigger mix of two spells, fist time I did a trigger spell).

upload_2019-9-1_14-50-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-1_14-47-15.png
    upload_2019-9-1_14-47-15.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 29
1-Clever work-around, man!

2-However (and I'm really surprised it wasn't linked in the first post), greater minds than ours have already solved this problem: check it out!

Custom Race System - Wc3C.net

(Also I believe @Retera had something similar (even easier?); check with him?)

===

3-Where'd you get that cool Ent model?

1) thanks. actually I tried many events to start the trigger that didnt work, "a unit enters playable map, condition, replace entering unit", didnt work-

2) Reading that it was like read the recipe to transform iron into gold, but I get it, I remembered from an altered melee with 9 races.
But what I fear is that such old method (2006) will be compatible in the current editor versions. I heard that many old maps are uncompatible with the new patchs.

3) all models are Hiveworkshop.

Progress:

- 4 units done the skills sets, 8 units pending.
- 2 hero skills sets, 10 pending.
- Lore and Game manual in progress.
-Gonna do the credits in categories: model units, model unit icons, model buildings, model buildings icons, units skill icons, hero skill icons, and so on.

Last edited:
Level 11
Hmmm... So Ysera protectors, true?
If you have any doubt about a unit or hero that does not convince you, you could go through:
Sholazar Basin
Sholazar basin is a zone of WoW (Wotlk) fundamented on the battle within nature (and his principal protector, the Avatar of Freya) and the forces of the Scourge. Using this, and a bit of Dragonblight, you will have a excellent source of inspiration.

Last edited:
Level 18
Awesome work everybody.

I will be entering the contest with White, bringing to Warcraft "The Nation of Benalia". Basing my entry mostly on MTG lore and famous cards.

Units
WC3 name (MTG inspiration)
  • Worker (Human Token)
  • Soldier (Soldier Token)
  • Crossbowman (Crossbow Infantry)
  • Knight (White Knight / Silver Knight)
  • Priest of Serra (Battlefield Medic)
  • Law Mage (New Prav Guildmage)
  • Suntail Hawk (Suntail Hawk)
  • Sensor Engineer (Sensor Splicer)
  • Siege Golem (Golem Token)
  • Serra Angel (Serra Angel)
  • Blade Engineer (Blade Splicer)
  • Serra Ascendant (Serra Ascendant)

Heroes
  • Gerard Capashen [soldier]
  • Kythion Iura [soldier]
  • Ajani Goldmane [planeswalker]
  • Elspeth Tirel [plasneswalker]

Buildings
  • TownHall (tier 1) -> Townhall (tier2) -> Townhall (tier3)
  • Barracks (tier 1)
  • Archery (tier 1)
  • Blacksmith (tier 1)
  • Chappel (tier 1) -> Church (tier 2) -> Abbey (tier 3)
  • Heroes Monument (tier 1)
  • Stable (tier 2)
  • Golem Foundry (tier 2)
  • Tower Garrison (tier 2)
  • Serra Sanctuary (tier 3)
PS: Any comment on the feel and theme of my faction is welcome. :)
PS 2: also I am looking for a partner. I can do models and anim them and some GUI programming. (looking for someone with a good grasp on triggers Jass/GUI, and/or someone with 2D art inclination)

Last edited:
Level 29
Hmmm... So Ysera protectors, true?
If you have any doubt about a unit or hero that does not convince you, you could go through:
Sholazar Basin
Sholazar basin is a zone of WoW (Wotlk) fundamented on the battle within nature (and his principal protector, the Avatar of Freya) and the forces of the Scourge. Using this, and a bit of Dragonblight, you will have a excellent source of inspiration.

what unit doesnt convince you?

the history is:

-Very few NE models, 60% of them are heroes, units, and mostly air units are few.
- Siege NE units, only 1 that is not some sort of catapult/ ballista.
-Few NE icons, very few male, mostly female.
- Few buildings models, 12 pages. Hard to fill the building icons, I had to use Blizzard presets

I read the NE history mostly Isera wich is a green dragon, the war against deathwing and the formation of Teldrasil, Nordrasil Ygdrasil???, she participied in the formation of an important tree.

about the nature, it is a philosophical thing, not a model shape thing.

Green faction is about being honest, tradition, avoid changes,and bla bla bla
, so no back stabing or very negative aspects spells and no crayzy stuff.

edit: changed chimera hatchling, with this, I found that the guy who did this did an hero version with glow, and a no-glow version, I avoided it because of the hero tag.
upload_2019-9-2_20-4-54.png

Awesome work everybody.

I will be entering the contest with White, bringing to Warcraft "The Nation of Benalia". Basing my entry mostly on MTG lore and famous cards.

Units
WC3 name (MTG inspiration)
  • Worker (Human Token)
  • Soldier (Soldier Token)
  • Crossbowman (Crossbow Infantry)
  • Knight (White Knight / Silver Knight)
  • Priest of Serra (Battlefield Medic)
  • Law Mage (New Prav Guildmage)
  • Suntail Hawk (Suntail Hawk)
  • Sensor Engineer (Sensor Splicer)
  • Siege Golem (Golem Token)
  • Serra Angel (Serra Angel)
  • Blade Engineer (Blade Splicer)
  • Serra Ascendant (Serra Ascendant)

Heroes
  • Gerard Capashen [soldier]
  • Kythion Iura [soldier]
  • Ajani Goldmane [planeswalker]
  • Elspeth Tirel [plasneswalker]

Buildings
  • TownHall (tier 1) -> Townhall (tier2) -> Townhall (tier3)
  • Barracks (tier 1)
  • Archery (tier 1)
  • Blacksmith (tier 1)
  • Chappel (tier 1) -> Church (tier 2) -> Abbey (tier 3)
  • Heroes Monument (tier 1)
  • Stable (tier 2)
  • Golem Foundry (tier 2)
  • Tower Garrison (tier 2)
  • Serra Sanctuary (tier 3)
PS: Any comment on the feel and theme of my faction is welcome. :)
PS 2: also I am looking for a partner. I can do models and anim them and some GUI programming. (looking for someone with a good grasp on triggers Jass/GUI, and/or someone with 2D art inclination)

Good luck

@Heinvers , @MyPad @Spellbound

upload_2019-9-5_9-24-26.png

when you can update the main list, its in 8 but now we are 12 participants.

3 White, 2 Red, 2 Blue, 4 Black , 1 Green, muahaha I am the only Green, I like that.

Last edited:
Level 11
what unit doesnt convince you?
They all seem perfect to me today. It is just a source of inspiration, in case you are not convinced by something 100%. I don't know others, but I usually doubt my own ideas, and, before having my 11 units ready, I threw out several ideas. As an example. At the beginning, knowing that I would need a Hero Agility, I thought of a ghoul. However, the basics of the model and the lack of creativity in this made me doubt my idea greatly, since I did not consider that a ghoul could ever have such a high position. Knowing Wowpedia, Lore's quintessential page, I could find that the Geist, rarely (particularly, those with cognitive and oral capacity) can reach high-ranking positions. Now, without the need to change the concept or skills I had devised, I can be more sure of the reliability and creativity of my hero
I read the NE history mostly Isera wich is a green dragon, the war against deathwing and the formation of Teldrasil, No
about the nature, it is a philosophical thing, not a model shape thing.

Green faction is about being honest, tradition, avoid changes,and bla bla bla
, so no back stabing or very negative aspects spells and no crayzy stuff.
Of course, but, in Sholazar Basin, you can found a lot of creatures related with Ysera, or, at least, with who granted such powers to her (Freya). Also, "Green faction is about being honest, tradition, avoid changes,and bla bla bla" Hahahha, clearly.

3 White, 2 Red, 2 Blue, 4 Black , 1 Green, muahaha I am the only Green, I like that.
Ohh, there are a total of 4 black. I have a hard competition, no doubt.

Level 27
edit: changed chimera hatchling, with this, I found that the guy who did this did an hero version with glow, and a no-glow version, I avoided it because of the hero tag.
View attachment 332050

I'm using that model too hehe, well I guess it's not bad that we both use it.

You are right, it seems there will be a good competition between black factions.

Hey guys!
I swung by around 1 am and made a video response to an inquiry from Khyrberos about what system I would use to add a 5th race. Honestly with the knowledge that I have at this point, my answer for what system I would use is:

I wouldn't

I made a video tutorial covering everything that I know on this topic. Specifically I started out the video covering how to add a fifth race into a map using no triggers nor systems, using out of game selection and having the new town center correctly prevent the player from being revealed. My video also includes a test for my demo where we can see that this is working. As for how I accomplish this, I simply extract the melee game code from the game using an external tool and copy paste one of the 4 races to add a fifth one, then I import the modified melee game code into my map.

To me this is much more natural to the game as it requires no triggers nor systems and is simply a modification of the game itself.

The downside is that Blizzard still does not support edits to the out-of-game dropdown to my knowledge, so we assign 90% handicap to instead refer to the new race inside of the melee code file.

At the end of the video I offer a discussion of how players who dislike what I am doing because it is different from their Trigger Editor habits can instead copy a duplicate of the game's own melee code into the Trigger Editor and I show a solution that I published years ago using that methodology.

Level 29
I'm using that model too hehe, well I guess it's not bad that we both use it.

You are right, it seems there will be a good competition between black factions.

we are both NE race, and there are very few NE air model units, this result is only natural,

I chose green because nobody chose it, so an NE race would perfectly fit.

by fortune even if you are NE you are black so our spells / skills are 100% oposite,

me I am honest, traditional, hate changes, love nature, growth plants and dislike artificial things.

Since you can be dishonest, selfish you can do some sort of black spells, dishonest backstabing stuff, ugly poison, damage focus, less defensive play.

I have to be nice , positive, traditional peace keeper, I will defeat the enemy making peace, and dancing with nature.

If I would have to recommend a race, High/blood elfs, they have the larger amount in models and icons.

They all seem perfect to me today. It is just a source of inspiration, in case you are not convinced by something 100%. I don't know others, but I usually doubt my own ideas, and, before having my 11 units ready, I threw out several ideas. As an example. At the beginning, knowing that I would need a Hero Agility, I thought of a ghoul. However, the basics of the model and the lack of creativity in this made me doubt my idea greatly, since I did not consider that a ghoul could ever have such a high position. Knowing Wowpedia, Lore's quintessential page, I could find that the Geist, rarely (particularly, those with cognitive and oral capacity) can reach high-ranking positions. Now, without the need to change the concept or skills I had devised, I can be more sure of the reliability and creativity of my hero

Of course, but, in Sholazar Basin, you can found a lot of creatures related with Ysera, or, at least, with who granted such powers to her (Freya). Also, "Green faction is about being honest, tradition, avoid changes,and bla bla bla" Hahahha, clearly.

is not what I want to do, is what I can do, NE are very limited compared to humans, high elfs, orcs, custom stuff

Hey guys!
I swung by around 1 am and made a video response to an inquiry from Khyrberos about what system I would use to add a 5th race. Honestly with the knowledge that I have at this point, my answer for what system I would use is:

I wouldn't

I made a video tutorial covering everything that I know on this topic. Specifically I started out the video covering how to add a fifth race into a map using no triggers nor systems, using out of game selection and having the new town center correctly prevent the player from being revealed. My video also includes a test for my demo where we can see that this is working. As for how I accomplish this, I simply extract the melee game code from the game using an external tool and copy paste one of the 4 races to add a fifth one, then I import the modified melee game code into my map.

To me this is much more natural to the game as it requires no triggers nor systems and is simply a modification of the game itself.

The downside is that Blizzard still does not support edits to the out-of-game dropdown to my knowledge, so we assign 90% handicap to instead refer to the new race inside of the melee code file.

At the end of the video I offer a discussion of how players who dislike what I am doing because it is different from their Trigger Editor habits can instead copy a duplicate of the game's own melee code into the Trigger Editor and I show a solution that I published years ago using that methodology.

that is what I fear, can you please, if you can recommend us a trigger option instead, I feel that simple cheap triggers are more safe and will work in (hoping) almost all versions.

I remember a trigger version, where game pauses and a tab appears with a question want to play the new race? yes ---- no, game continues after awnser.

Progress: I finished 1 hero , that means I have 4 hero skills, and I have 1 skill more of a second hero. 7 skills remain.

Edit: @Retera, great video, agree that is 700% much better than the trigger method.

Last edited:
Level 35
You could theoretically do a Green Faction that thrives itself on spreading plagues and diseases, as disease and plagues are naturally occurring and through the death and decay it stimulates growth

A Swamp-based faction where the Swamps are quite literally teeming with life

That was what I was considering doing when I was initially tossing up between doing Green or Black, Green as a sense of renewal on a grand scale

Status
Not open for further replies.