• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo Mapping Competition #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Icoria said:
ooh thats hard. I'll try to find my map before it was finished but I don't know cause my Computer crashed. THIS MAP IS MINE THOUGH, I use the screenname Lazerdragon so duh, I have Icoria b/c that was my former screename but w.e. I'll try to find more information on it but here it is so far;
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/m...Dlist&r=20

How the hell that has anything to do with this contest? :eek:

Level 20
/me haz wips tooo.....

ITs an early wip of mah train, it will go into the cave, it will stop and everything gets dark, you get a torch and everyone is gone.

Attachments

• EARLYWIP.jpg
    EARLYWIP.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 160
Level 35
This is the beginning of my "The escape from the Azjol-Nerub".
Its just one SS made out of 2 doodads.

Its kinda hard to comment on it.. its two doodads mashed together into a dark area... I always prefer it be close to finish before commenting anything.

Look like it could turn into a good dungeon / cell with some more doodads and work :wsmile:

heh, no comments on my wip :d

You got one now :wwink:

Level 35

In the post you just quoted from... if I didn't epically fail in reading names by commenting on someone else's.. and not yours..

It's an early wip of my train, it will go into the cave, it will stop and everything gets dark, you get a torch and everyone is gone.

Concept sounds interesting and the terrain shows promise.. I assume you still lack to make a cave for the train to enter :wsmile:

I really want to join. But i dont got any idea right now and its my first contest join. If i sign in to this contest and dont get an idea in time what is gonna happen then ? Do i get punished for that ?

yes we will come to your house at 2am and beat you up

Level 10
I guess I will join, too. It would look pretty good if my first major action on the Hive was to win third place here. Anyway, that is what I am aiming for.
As for my submission, everyone can look forwards to exploring the Zangarmarsh. As what, however, you will need to wait for my first submission to find out.
Good luck, everyone!
EDIT: I have started a thread with information on my project. Go to http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...mapping-competition-entry-154188/#post1421674 to see the thread.

Last edited:
Level 24
Guys, slow down on the spam. Keeping the world updated to your status is great but we (Read: I) don't want or need to know your whims of the moment or what trivial task you've just completed.

Showing tangible WIPs and substantial progress is fine, or anything actually interesting (entry statements are fine).

Level 12
Did I enter this? If not I am now...

The amnesia dust worked! Better use it again so he spams with entries (uses amnesia dust)

Recipe for Amnesia Dust:
3 Fish
4 cups of dirt
76 Ugly Women
2 Children
A sprinkle of Michael Jackson
3 crates of Marijuana (Pot or Crack is fine)
2 tsps of cyanide

Mix together Fish and Dirt, then chop up the women and mix them in. Next, stick the kids in the oven at 560 degrees for 30 minutes. Make sure they are alive, if they are not, then get more kids. Once the kids are finished baking, then if they are female, chop um up and mix them in. If they are male, chop off their dicks before chopping them up and mixing them in, this is to ensure your target does not get pregnant if female, in the process. Next, donate Michael Jackson to Satan, and put the crates of Marijuana, Pot, or Crack into the bowl. Add the Cyanide. Then, whack your target in the head with the mixing bowl until he goes unconcious. When he wakes up, he shouldn't remember anything. Oh... the ingredients? Give me those the Black Market's buying today!

Level 35
Btw, are we allowed to rely on older WC3 versions (which are compatible to RtC)? Thatd open up several new gameplay options (for me at least).

How can using the older version give you more options? :con: But well the requirement is that it should be playable - hinting that (I assume) you should not have to do something special as the player to get it to work. If that isn't an issue with what you intend to do, I would say it sounds like its allowed. :con:

Level 24
How can using the older version give you more options? :con: But well the requirement is that it should be playable - hinting that (I assume) you should not have to do something special as the player to get it to work. If that isn't an issue with what you intend to do, I would say it sounds like its allowed. :con:

RtC which adds a bunch of extended functionality to WC doesn't work with the latest patches.

@ The actual question - I don't know. Seeing as the focus hear is the design, I'd hazard/suggest yes. But don't take my word on that, and Syleona has the final word here.

Level 12
Wow! This looks fun. I'll definitely give it a try, although whether I'll atually finish is another matter. Still, I already have a good idea, and hope I can pull it off well. Good luck, everyone!

Level 6
I have an idea, so I think I'll take a crack at this just for funzies.

Spent 10 minutes coming up with a name and early WIP logo:
logo-a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.