• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo Mapping Competition #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
My idea is actualy a lot simmilar to HINDYhat's idea.

The map will be located in a temple and it will also have some neat tricks.

Also i was planing on using SEE,and implementing Telekinesis and I guess we think alike :p

EDIT:

I am inspired by trine's main idea of using logic and skills, but i never played the game so i only have some idea how it looks actualy.

Level 11
Man... I had idea for this kind of map before this contest started, I wanted to make some kind of dungeon in which you wake up and try to find your way out, misha's walls(models) gave me that idea, It would be first person rpg of some sort and it would look like crypt from arx fatalis (any1 played?), but my map makeing skills are kinda low and my english is pretty crapy but still i might try.

Level 16
I instantly thought about the Da Vinci Code.. The book is soo awesome! (finished reading it today, finally lol), and full of riddles misterious things and temples etc. But recreating such an idea wouldnt give the map a theme like a dungeon or whatever. I would personally make a city where you go from one place to another, doing puzzles, getting riddles and having like 5 places per riddle to which it could point, and giving every place either a new riddle, leading you to the end eventually, but with alot more work, or just leaving you with nothing, meaning you know instantly you were wrong..
And for people who dont have enough knowledge of things that the riddles use, like astrology, or history, there will be a library or such where information can be found, but it will be limited in info because we dont want to give away the anwer ;D
I think this will be an awesome contest..

Level 5
If we enter and then (heaven forbid) win, is it within our power to decline the special lecture reward or are we obliged to follow through with it?

Level 24
Slaydon said:
but i want to hear more from the award person (1 month thing). Who is he, any proof? and is UTM allowed? Is this some kind of Advanced Puzzle game kind of map? :p

1) She.
2) 'Proof' doesn't exist as such, no. Your loss if you don't take her word for it though.
3) Read the description of the contest to find out what type of game it is maybe?

UTM would be allowed but I don't reccomend it. A huge waste of space and will massively increase loadtimes, ect.

EDIT: And I totally have an idea. Parallel realities r us.

sounds like a great contest.
I never took part in one, but I might give it a try.
count me in. I try to finish it (but if my lazyness is overwhelming me, then I will leave D:)
but since we have enough time, I think I'm able to finish it

My idea: Some kind of a jail dungeon, in which some necromancers were living.
but they left/died, and left a great treasure in this jail, with many magic puzzles.
because of their magic, you have to enter sometimes a second dimension, to go
through walls, activate objects, which are normally unreachable.
some kind of prey (if someone knows this game)

Level 24
My idea: Some kind of a jail dungeon, in which some necromancers were living.
but they left/died, and left a great treasure in this jail, with many magic puzzles.
because of their magic, you have to enter sometimes a second dimension, to go
through walls, activate objects, which are normally unreachable.
some kind of prey (if someone knows this game)

Me said:
Parallel realities r us.

Affff-

Might be re-thinking then. Or I can just assume that you're not going to finish. ;p

Level 25
I am glad the theme is interior, since i suck at terraining outdoor things.

Also if nothing, experience from other games should make the making of this map easier for the participants.

There are some bright ideas out there, and i think you should try to if not making something innovative then combine some already existing elements into a new way.

EDIT:

I never visited the model section in the category of doodads till today, i must say we got some nice models there :eek:

EDIT2:

I also setup the baseline, everything will be built on the principle that this map isn't Linear like most of maps.
It is based on multiple paths/choices and difrent ways of doing things.

Level 12
Mine is you are goblin (i am making custom model, will have many animations, like pushing blocks and so on) and you and your squad have been sent to investigate old ruins, but there is little surprise; Naga´s attack you and your squad and they end up dead, and you kept in prison and here the player kicks in.

Level 7
Important note: DO NOT make escape maps. Under escape I mean, maps where you run along a path and and can't slip off a certain tile, while colliding monsters run around and kill you if they touch you.

This is an adventure-like contest, so keep it in mind.

Otherwise, ideas so far posted sound really great. Can't wait to see how things progress. :)

Level 35
Are these online lectures?

Yes they are.. She have already said so..

And this lecturer will be myself. The form it will take, will be online lectures. Combination of video lectures, text, or remote assistance lecturing, and as well active communication between the "student" and myself. So yes, online lecturing from the safety of your home. :)

Level 4
Count me in too! If i get a normal idea until January...

Edit: Jeah.. my 1st post is to enter a competition against a lot of experienced map makers... :D

Level 12
I am not sure that i shoud post this but anyway this is the main character of mine map
2a4slso.jpg

Level 6
• MYHummeR's Entry •

♣ This is MYHummeR's WIP post ♣
May the best editor win!

Hi!
I would like to join this contest.
This is where I will post my "Work In Progress" screenshots and information about my map for this contest!

Map Information

Name: The Neverending Journey
Credits (For imports)

- None at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.