• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #11 - Two Opposite Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I probably have as much of if not more of a life than the lot of you, but I still find time to accomplish things in Wc3 and moderating. If I can manage my time and get things done, anyone can; have a little faith.

You have 192 hours until the contest concludes. You'll probably be at school for 30-40 of these hours, that still leaves you with 150 hours, which I doubt you'll be spending all of with your friends.

Ok let me break down my week

Monday : Wake at 7AM and go to work from 8am -7pm... I work at home tho.
: 8pm -11pm For Paintball Team meetings
Tuesday : School from 7am-5pm
: Homework for rest/most of night
Wednesday:Wake at 7AM and go to work from 8am -3pm
: Rest of the day is free.
Thursday : School from 7am-5pm
: Homework for rest/most of night
Thursday : School from 7am-5pm
: Homework
: Work from 8pm -12am
Friday : School from 7am-5pm
: Work from 6pm -12am
AND
Weekends : Team practice from 8am-4pm, after that I am burnt until like 8pm.... and then I go socialize

I know I am a special case, but I dont have all day every day to skin.

Level 14
I am at uni/work (WC3 is unavailable to me in that time, though I have the internet) from 8AM every day to 2AM every morning and I still have time to do everything I want to do. You need only budget your time and you can do anything you want to. If you can't budget your time properly, it is at no fault of the contest that you cannot finish in time.

I am at uni/work (WC3 is unavailable to me in that time, though I have the internet) from 8AM every day to 2AM every morning and I still have time to do everything I want to do. You need only budget your time and you can do anything you want to. If you can't budget your time properly, it is at no fault of the contest that you cannot finish in time.

... you get 6 hrs of sleep every night? 18 hrs a day of work? And you still manage to wc3 mod?!!?

You are my hero

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yea. I once had a friend whose family had a massive work ethic. Like, so massive, one time I went over to his house to hang out, his parents had me mow the front lawn. (1st time with a push mower, oh yeah. :p). Needless to say, that was the only visit by me. :p
Also, his parents had restricted the kids in video/computer games; they could only play for 30 minutes (or 1 hour?) a day. When I asked him about it, he was like "well, it's not so bad; I just spend a while before-hand planning out what I'm gonna do, and then I spend my hour/minutes doing just that. I get stuff done."

Enter Kyrbi0.
And contrasted to Dusk, would be moi...

I'm on the computer and able to mod at ~6:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. every morning, College for ~3[1/2] hours, back home again. Then, barring Dishes, Dinner, "Family Time", and various chores/Homework (no job ATM), I have from approximately 1:00 p.m. to 12 Midnight.

And I don't get 1/100th of the work done that Rising_Dusk does.

~~~

Moral: Don't let yourself be fooled by how much time you think you have. It's all about self-motivation, focus, and (as Dusk says) Budgeting your time wisely.
(here's hoping Dusk doesn't spit at his computer screen in disgust at my utter laziness... :p)

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
A typical day for me starts at 7:30am, eat brekky, chill out, do stuff, have lunch at 10:00am, go to uni at 10:30am, come home at 4-5pm, start drinking, mod stuff, play games, browse forums, drink more, cook dinner at 6pm, do stuff, go to bed at 11pm ish.

Speaking of time limits, I've managed to model, texture, wrap, assign mesh to ingame model in order to use its animations, test, edit, test, edit, test and finally complete my entry for the WC3C hero contest... in less than two days.

And yeah, I'll see if I can finish fishy Azshara before I leave tomorrow :)

Kyrbi0: erm, I've managed to get the head of the summon complete. If I can manage it, I'll try finish the texture this evening :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Oh, of course! I completely forgot you were in this contest, too! My bad; here I am wondering you weren't returning my PM's. :p

~~~

Yeah, thanks for starting, but I'm less worried about the summon and more the specifics of the model + his abilities (i.e. the PM)

... Wait,
Yesterday, 03:33 AM
... Is that ~3 hours ago (6 a.m. right now).. Oh no, wait, Hyper posted at ~2:30 a.m. for me, so that was actually Yesterday...

Aww dang, he's already gone. :/

Level 14
There was only one successful entry (Dio's) and that black/white entry that everyone was complaining about here. Otherwise no one completed their entries on-time. (Submitted by 12:00AM in the morning today, as per the first post) I suppose either Dio wins by default, we can take the black/white entry seriously and let Dio win by a landslide, we extend it (again) and pray others enter, or we declare the competition a failure and move on with our lives.

Early wip.. i'm making a fire mage .. or a warlock... what ever.... a dude that makes some fire... and the other skin will be a frost mage.. or a dude that makes some ice.. :D

mouhahhaa... btw the tattoos or the painting its just to show you how it will be .. its not the real one ..:thumbs_up:

Attachments

• ss00h.JPG
    ss00h.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 158
Level 3
Ok here is some work I did... now dont make fun of me, I really dont know what the hell I am doing and this is my first time. Is it ok if I redo the druids would that be opposite enough because they are a sort of yin and yang to eachother. Like I said... I have no Idea what I am doing and I am just reading tutorials so please keep the criticism constructive.

Oh and I posted the original skin too... I dont know if I am supposed to or not.

Attachments

• Druidhighres.JPG
    Druidhighres.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 231
  • druidlowrez.JPG
    druidlowrez.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

Attachments

• ss00h.JPG
    ss00h.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 230