• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #9 - Fiery Demonic/Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Here's an update, some comments pls?

Attachments

• WIp.jpeg
    WIp.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 222
  • HeroArchmage.jpeg
    HeroArchmage.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 219
For the horse
-->Work more on the flames... doesnt looks like Flames at all..
--> Make him a bit darker... and make his skin looks like scales.. a bit more instead of a normal horse skin... cause then it doesnt make sense that a horse have flame hair but it doesnt burn his skin...
--> you should add some lava crakcs here and there.. on his body to remmind us that its only a summon creature...
--> Make his eyes brighter..

For the Mage
--> Purple is not a good color... you should make a Dark metal plate armor, or a Dark and Blood red Robe with runes on it...
--> Make him look scaryer.. bit adding scarfe on his face.. etc...
-->You should remove the cape or his hat.. (the piece of cloth on his head) and make it so hit was his forhead...

What you SHOULD NOT CHANGE!!
-->The white bear of the mage.. makes him look like a ghost ..like unreall its cool...
-->The black eyes of the mage. its Creepy ^^ i Like it :p

thats all..

P.S you dont have to folow my ideas.. just saying :p

Level 4
As good as done. Please critique and any idea's for axes?

Please! reply ^^

Attachments

• DarkTroll.jpg
    DarkTroll.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 179
  • ss0003.JPG
    ss0003.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 173
  • ss0002.JPG
    ss0002.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 251
Here is my final entry. The Flame Dragon. I looked at it for a while and I decided I really liked the way the original weapon looked so I just messed with saturation and brightness to make it look a little bit darker. I hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

• Final Screenshot.jpg
    Final Screenshot.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 287
  • Final Unwrap.jpg
    Final Unwrap.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 261
  • FlameSerpant.blp
    758.3 KB · Views: 98
Level 14
Wip #5

Close to finnishing. Just need to do the forehead and nose, the hair and hooves, and fix the wings/arms. Also need to do some tweaking on the leg still.

Attachments

• WIPUWpic5.JPG
    WIPUWpic5.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 107
  • WIPpic5.JPG
    WIPpic5.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 110
  • WIPglowPic5.JPG
    WIPglowPic5.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 171
  • WIPingamePic5.JPG
    WIPingamePic5.JPG
    907.9 KB · Views: 120
Level 4
You could alpha them out so it looks like he just punches people, seems fitting for his character so far.
--donut3.5--
Thats a pretty good idea =D thanks

@ Pyrity: Its just clothing ... It doesnt look like a blob to me :eekani:

Level 4
i imported him in world editor and the colour is all messed up , why is that?!

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_071208_140922_01.tga
    4.7 MB · Views: 114
Level 9
why the back hoof of the horse different to the front one? back one looks CnP to me???
probally more highlights on the guys face?

Level 14
I would suggest rethinking a flaming horse. Still standing fire doesn't really look like fire. It would have to be rapidly moving with flaming particles like on the Avatar of Flame hero dude.

You should make it a black horse with volcanic hoves that have cracks running up to gradually end around the upper leg. Give it burning glowing eyes and nostrils along with fiery brands/tats down the length of the neck and back and centering on the shoulder and thighs of the horse.

Also the mage up on top doesn't look very fire-like. Perhaps a dark cloak with an orange fringe and red or yellow runes here and there. His skin could be the color of ash. Give him burning eyes as well with fiery cracks leading out from the outer edges of his eyes heading slightly downward sort of like this: Dream Eater - Wc3campaigns but more fiery.

And if you were to do all that then you would have to be careful not to make it too dark.

As far as fire goes it is all about contrast which yours is lacking somewhat. If you are hellbent on fire then you should add in a dark red outlining the fire and I mean really dark.

Level 14
Wip #6

Smallish sort of WIP. I think I have everything in order for the legs. I have done the wings several times over and have gotten close to what I had in mind.

Oh and I am not too sure as to what color the hair will be. Red, black, dull white, or what? Could use some suggestions.

Attachments

• WIPingamePic6.JPG
    WIPingamePic6.JPG
    960.4 KB · Views: 118
  • WIPglowPic6.JPG
    WIPglowPic6.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 138
  • WIPUWpic6.JPG
    WIPUWpic6.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 138
  • WIPpic6.JPG
    WIPpic6.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 143
My First WIP

I know, I know. My first WIP is a little late. Well... A lot late. But I've been really busy lately so I haven't had a chance to do anything. But I decided to make this.

It's basically a Hellish Razormane, if you want to put it in simple terms. I call it a Hellguard. They are a subspecies of Demons which are ruled by the Doomguards.

All I've done so far is the head so there isn't too much to show in the wrap.

Feedback, pl0x.

Last edited:
Level 18
Alright, another update, I don't care about the flames, but I kind of do what the hellish skinned horse, but does anyone have ideas for the hair then?

And I like both the runes and beard, but will they go together, or should I get rid of one?

And Denu, did u think about a somewhat fiery hair possibly, and if not I think you should use a color other than red just to get some more color.

Attachments

• HeroArchmage.jpeg
    HeroArchmage.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 83
  • ss0014.jpg
    ss0014.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 132
Level 8
Ok got me a WIP, i dunno what it is, im skinning as i go along, color scheme and shoulders somewhat based off the hunter T6 in wow. Helm is WIP, still need more of that orange stuff and make the place where the horns meet the helm.

Attachments

• aaaacontest.jpg
    aaaacontest.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 165
Level 7
almost finish no in game screenshot now tomorrow I will finish the skin and then I will post blp and other it looks darker a bit I have done this from my laptop because my computer photoshop didn't work and from here didn't look same :)

Attachments

• GiantSeaTurtle.jpg
    GiantSeaTurtle.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 137
Level 14
Wip #7

Almost finnished. Just need to do the hair, hooves, ears and eyes. I dont want to make the eyes too noticeable because of the team glow eyes might make it look like he has 2 sets. I will be doing 1 or 2 more things to the wings but that is basically it. I wish I could add in more color but the whole model goes against me on that matter.

Attachments

• WIPglowPic7.JPG
    WIPglowPic7.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 122
  • WIPingamePic7.JPG
    WIPingamePic7.JPG
    905.8 KB · Views: 103
  • WIPpic7.JPG
    WIPpic7.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 142
  • WIPUWpic7.JPG
    WIPUWpic7.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 128
It has alot of faults. One that I just found out is that ingame it only looks good on red volcanic terrain. I suppose that is fitting though. But still it bugs me. Not enough deep red.

Indeed it does but it would have much more if a, less experienced, Texture Artist were doing this. You have used a quite bright shade of red, which is good in many ways, but there aren't many bright tiles in Wc3, besides Lordaeron Summer Grass which is green. It might look nice in Lordaeron Fall as well.

Level 7
I have finish but I don't know why didn't work in game I know how to use a skin I have use units\creeps\GiantSeaTurtle\GiantSeaTurtle.blp and didn't work :cry: the first WIP works in game

Level 7
Finished . I think its the last version If I will added more red or something I will post If no thats it . Night , Day and In game with portrait . Let the best skinner win :)

Attachments

• printsc1.JPG
    printsc1.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 253
  • printsc2.JPG
    printsc2.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 272
  • printsc3.JPG
    printsc3.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 237
  • GiantSeaTurtle.tga
    256 KB · Views: 74