• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Texturing Competition #9 - Fiery Demonic/Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
added some more colour and have done the horns =]
skincomp9wip2.jpg

Level 14
Megademon

Sort of like the Megademon from D2 but without a sword. Megademon is probably a temporary name. I have done the shoulders and chest so far. The rest is yet to come and I will likely do touch ups on the stuff I have done now. There is something else I have to do skiningwise so I am going to try and get this one done quickly. Oh and it will be rather monotone (the wrap sort of requires it) but I will try and get some other stuff in there. Maybe scar tats or something.

Attachments

• WIPUWpic1.JPG
    WIPUWpic1.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 166
  • WIPpic1.JPG
    WIPpic1.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 185
  • WIPglowPic1.JPG
    WIPglowPic1.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 197
  • WIPingamePic1.JPG
    WIPingamePic1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 210
Level 7
very good skin INF3RNO :) Here its my WIP I have work on his cape and on the eyes its a small flame there ... btw Its my first skin :
herobloodelffireef9.jpg

Level 7
I know the blood elven hero skin isn't very good for a fire wizard I have started again with another skin .

Level 45
Sorry AntoMarc, but SuPa- is right. I was refering to your texture. You basically did some half-assed red blur on his cape and red eyes. That is not a texture in my book. The idea is to re-do everything, not just edit it to suite your needs.

Aaaanyway, I'm apparently done.

Attachments

• SD.PNG
    SD.PNG
    326.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Dreadlord.png
    Dreadlord.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 205
Level 7
I didn't say anything I will start again I have 18 days remaining for another skin and another idea , you're skin is awesome gj .

Last edited:
Level 45
Well, I can tell you how I did on mine. First, I coloured the selected (yes, I do select areas when texturing) black, then used a red brush with 35% opacity to make cracks, then went with the same brush over it again, and finally used a bit of orange for certain areas. The stones I simply coloured with 25% opacity and dark grey. After all that, a hefty Sharpen Edges filter.
EDIT: Oh, and about the armour being bland and stuff, remember, Wc3 tends to make detailed textures a horrible blur. The amount of detail is at the perfect level right now.

I agree the face blows ass, lol. Was thinkin I might just redo it all together. What I did originally was just use the black and white blueprint for the wrap and put lava on all the lines where faces of the model came together, thinking that it would make them fit on the model really nice. But it ended up looking really retarded ><

EDIT: ROTFL SABERTOOTH, YOU WROTE THAT WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS!!!

Level 7
I like the new skins posted as Werewulf say keep up good work I work on another skin an Fire Turtle or Lava Turtle and I need an idea for the mouth I have finish the rest of the face .

Face doesnt suck anymore, and got the arms. I will do more detailed shading and contrast when its all done.

EDIT: I wanted to see it so I took the liberty of sticking infernos skin on the model.

EDIT AGAIN: COMON PEOPLE, LETS GET GOIN. Only 5 participants so far is really sad.

Attachments

• arms.JPG
    arms.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 212
  • NagaMyrmidon copy.jpg
    NagaMyrmidon copy.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 198
  • BM.JPG
    BM.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 206
Level 17
I'm going to work on the Beansidhe. I have the head mostly done at the moment.

Does anyone know how the particles work? are they a texture? can I change the particles? or should I tint the fire and such to match the purple glow it has?

I have some other ideas, so I may do a few of them and pick the best one.

Last edited:
Hey guys,, i have finish my skin ... sadly i only had 3 days to make it cause i'm leaving for my vacation... so it looks good.. but not as much as i wanted (85%)... my brother will upload the skin the 15 of July... :wink:... anyway ^^ good job all .. and will see you in a month to see who have win :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.