• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #9 - Fiery Demonic/Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Wip #2

Mostly worked with the wrap of the wings. They will definately need tweaking. They are too defined which doesn't make them look very good. His right horn hand gets patly cut out because of the alpha but isn't all that noticeable.

Attachments

• WIPpic2.JPG
    WIPpic2.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 170
  • WIPglowPic2.JPG
    WIPglowPic2.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 165
  • WIPingamePic2.JPG
    WIPingamePic2.JPG
    960.1 KB · Views: 184
  • WIPUWpic2.JPG
    WIPUWpic2.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 195
Level 4
madome, just get wc3 viewer, it takes like 5 seconds to take a wrapped shot

you just load the original model from the MPQ browser, go up to texture, click remap textures. and then replace the one that it uses with your custom one.

k thanks

edit: it actually works ALOT better then i expected it to ^^

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
They actually look pretty good as they are right now. Adding some red in the centers might be nice...
A good idea would be to remove the big guy's shirt, so you can show more of that molten skin. Also, make his eyes orange... that green doesn't go well with the overall theme.

Level 7
interesting idea Darkholme are very good skinners here Denu , Darkholme , Dio , Sansui etc. good job to all I have done the head of my turtle I will post tomorrow a WIP in-game texture I think

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Dark, the big guy is perfect. Perhaps a darker beard, but overall perfect. Losing the cracks really enhanced the skin. Also the eyes (shadowy) are awesome now.

The little guy's also really good. No critique there. My only suggestion is to move on to the cannon and rockets, as the dwarves themselves look great.

Level 17
this is the 4th time im trying to post this, because hive hates me.

any tips you have about making the big guy look more smoky? I wasn't planning on keeping him this way it was just supposed to be until I figure out what to do with the cracks. but if it looks good ill leave it for now, and see if there's anything I can do to add to it when I finish the props.

as for the molten lava, search google images. its incredibly useful for seeing how textures should look.

Ike_Ike, I REALLY like the little guy with the TNT on his back, but the one standing upright is kinda lame. He aint too bad by himself but he looks shitty in comparison to the other one.

Anyways, latest WIP of mine, about 40% done. Anyone got any cool ideas of what I could do with the weapon?

Attachments

• wip.JPG
    wip.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 185
  • NagaMyrmidon copy.jpg
    NagaMyrmidon copy.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 158
Level 10
this is the 4th time im trying to post this, because hive hates me.

any tips you have about making the big guy look more smoky? I wasn't planning on keeping him this way it was just supposed to be until I figure out what to do with the cracks. but if it looks good ill leave it for now, and see if there's anything I can do to add to it when I finish the props.

as for the molten lava, search google images. its incredibly useful for seeing how textures should look.
I really think that you should put some lava cracks around his joints and other places of "wear" like... idk places where u would normally get wrinkles :Op

Level 14
A small WIP. Did the rest of the torso except for the neck. Started a little on the face. The face wrap will cause me troubles for a while. Checked out the legs a bit and it looks like the wrap for that will be a little annoying as well. The lower body will be my next wip, then the face, then finnishing up the wings, and lastly some tweaking.

Attachments

• WIPpic3.JPG
    WIPpic3.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 123
  • WIPingamePic3.JPG
    WIPingamePic3.JPG
    910.6 KB · Views: 135
  • WIPglowPic3.JPG
    WIPglowPic3.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 129
  • WIPUWpic3.JPG
    WIPUWpic3.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 139
Level 4
new torso, with thanks to Darkholme for telling me what was wrong ^^

Attachments

• DarkTroll2.jpg
    DarkTroll2.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 233
Level 17
an improvement to be sure. could still use more clear definition though, and your ribs dont come all the way out to your abs at the bottom. they get farther from your abe as you go. ribs also point upward, not downward, and if you feel right below your chest youll see your ribs go above your abs.

Move the abs down, change the angle of the ribs a bit, (look at a skeleton for a good pic of a ribcage) farther from the abs at the bottom, and closer near the top.

then you need to give your troll a collarbone

and touch up the details, the definition between muscles should be more clear.

Level 4
an improvement to be sure. could still use more clear definition though, and your ribs dont come all the way out to your abs at the bottom. they get farther from your abe as you go. ribs also point upward, not downward, and if you feel right below your chest youll see your ribs go above your abs.

Move the abs down, change the angle of the ribs a bit, (look at a skeleton for a good pic of a ribcage) farther from the abs at the bottom, and closer near the top.

then you need to give your troll a collarbone

and touch up the details, the definition between muscles should be more clear.
Wha? XD

Level 7
I think I will abandon because I don't know what I do wrong I can't use the skin in game all skins what I tried from hive didn't work for me . I open Import Manager , edit path with the originally skin path , I exit and enter again and didn't work what I do wrong :cry: ? If I will can resolve this problem I will not abandon ...

Level 7
eh I have found the problem thank you FrIkY to say the problem here its a WIP Isn't very originally

Attachments

• In-game screenshot.JPG
    In-game screenshot.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 237
Level 14
Wip #4

Worked on the legs. Would have finnished them had I not have to make the upper and lower body fuse together properly. Might finnish them later tonight. I will have to look for reference on the hooves. I aint too good at doing them on my own. Oh and I don't like parts of the upper leg above the knee. I need to make it a bit brighter to match the shoulders and upper chest.

Attachments

• WIPUWpic4.JPG
    WIPUWpic4.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 110
  • WIPpic4.JPG
    WIPpic4.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 136
  • WIPglowPic4.JPG
    WIPglowPic4.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 151
  • WIPingamePic4.JPG
    WIPingamePic4.JPG