• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #12 - Archimonde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Update, very soon after first post, but hey..

-Added some spots of color to break monotony, still pretty full, but he has his moments. ;)

-Changed alpha to 50% on team color spots because they hurt my eyes.

-Changed eyes

-Changed hanging thing

-And some other stuff

prevContest.jpg

Level 15
Goo, you haven't really done that much to change some of the parts on the skin

Haven't I? things i can think of is the thing behind his head which I'm still thinking of how to change to make it fit and the waist part i not very changed.

But you are probably right, I'll see what I can do to make it more diffrent.

And for a question, which program do you skinners use to preview the skin on the model? currently I'm using War3ModelEditor which is a real pain >.<

Level 26
Moo?

But War3ModelEditor is awesome for this. Just save the portrait and model as separate files, use the texture and material managers to change the textures, then you can reopen it whenever you want to view stuff.

Also...

ENDIDDY ENDDDDDDD

Do THIS be highlighted enough for ye?

Attachments

• Archemonde.jpg
    Archemonde.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 309
Level 26
Why the fuck would I give him a penis? Seriously, I'm out of this contest. Grats Ike.

Waaaaiiit... nooooo

Don't leave us :(

We can fight it out for second place :D

I wuv A.R's one. The tongue and his little belly face are so awesome. Although, if it's a Protoss/Zerg hybrid, shouldn't there be some Khaydarin crystals? CRYSTALS MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND!

EDIT: Oh yeah... Dio, I LOVE the way you get your colours. They're always so ... intense? Vibrant? I don't know, but they're great. The legs look kind of creepy, and the wrap is not nice at all on his loins. But still, a lovely vampyr mutant stillborn kangaroo thing?

Last edited:
I like all the skins. But I must critique them. Dio I think the legs idea was cool but it just didn't turn out really awesome, kinda creepy. AR If such a thing is possible I think you have TOO MUCH contrast, doesn't really feel cohesive. And Ike_Ike I think yours is a really cool idea and looks great, and I can't put my finger on it but for some reason I think it just looks a bit cartoonish. Other than that I really like the work of all the contestants.

Level 2
Ok this is my first attempt at skinning a wc3 model, and I really dont know what I am doing. However, I do have a pretty lush background in digital art. I really dont know what to post so I am posting a screenshot. I think I am going for a wolfman, does it look too much like the original skin?

snippy.jpg

Level 26
ike's remind me of my own vision of an Aztec/Mayan god.

Lulz. That's what I was trying to imitate with the first one, with bone/carapace armour and everything. I sucked too much so I did this one.

Update! Probably the last one. Now the problem with the legs is that they're too dark from a distance :/

Attachments

• ArcheSS.PNG
    ArcheSS.PNG
    228.4 KB · Views: 236
Level 36
Shit dude, that looks like a real bear... but the transition between the light and dark on the chest is teh fugz, and what's up with the face? The colors are all off on the beard there.

Also, I must add, that in game those pretty little details will look like a blurry mass of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.