• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #12 - Archimonde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Each contestant must create a skin using the Archimonde model. Can be anything really.

Couldn't find an Archimonde model. Turns out the stupid thing is actually called Warlock. So theoretically, none of us have a legitimate entry.

And jeebus. I loathe this model. I thought there was unanimous consent last time we did a single model skinning comp to never, ever repeat such a thing.

Ah well. Churned out this 'lil green guy in about 30 minutes. It's kinda insanely hard trying to get a decent concept for it, seeing as 'tis such a retarded model. Come to think of it, tis a retarded skin I've done. New concept pl0x.

Attachments

• Archemonde.jpg
    Archemonde.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 237

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
And jeebus. I loathe this model. I thought there was unanimous consent last time we did a single model skinning comp to never, ever repeat such a thing.

Doing battle with a difficult wrap is half the fun of texturing :D

Dio, looking good, nice use of the wrap. I'm keen to see where you're going with this.

updatezorz:

Attachments

• ArchemondeWIP3.jpg
    ArchemondeWIP3.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 258
Level 45
I think I'll be going back to the drawing board, my idea sucks and is getting out of control...
so Dio, his tail is a moustache too?
No, it only had little hair beneath the cape. That's why I had made it turn into the gold thing, because of the tail.
EDIT: He now has long hair and looks like a magneto wannabe.

Attachments

• hair.png
    hair.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 231
Level 26
I used A.R's unwrap because it makes me feel like I own 3ds Max. Also, I was too lazy to make my own >_>

Woop woop! Nearly done ^^ A shoddy recolour on the collar thing just as a place holder, but the general idea is done.

He's a Darkangel, a bizzare offshoot of the Draenei race that is closer to an Eredar than a true Draenei. Embedded within his armour and body are numerous shards of curious glowing crystals that emanate mana. The Draenei templar Zeratul has tentatively called these crystals 'Khaydarin Crystals'. High Priest Aldaris of Exodar has since branded Zeratul a fruitcake (possibly pineapple or banana).

Personally, I quite like the Darkangel emblem (mine own creation, of course :D) and the :D ear rings. 'though they'll probably be gone in the next iteration of this skin.

Attachments

• Archemonde.jpg
    Archemonde.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 522
Level 34
That's some sexy skin ike.
My untrained eye sees nothing wrong.

I don't like the earrings though.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
ike_ike, love the symbols, they're quite epic.

The problem with the texture is that there's too much contrast and not enough
coherence.

The metal parts look more like a random pattern than a coherent piece of armour.
Patterns aren't a bad thing at all, but you've used them to excess here and it takes
away from the 'flow' of the texture. The chestplate is fine, but the helmet, shoulders,
gauntlets and boots need to make more sense. At the moment they're just too wild and
random. See those swirls on the chestplate? I reckon it'd look great if you tried them on
the helmet (particularly the cheeks) as well.

The muscles have too much contrast, particularly the legs - they need to blend much
more smoothly. At the moment it looks like it's made out of tubes of clay bunched
together, you need to make that transition in lighting less severe.

Hope this helps :)

Level 26
The earrings are absolutely horrid, and the face's armour is a bit much. I don't really know how to explain it, but I just dislike the armour, especially on the cheeks.

[:D]raenei does not concur with your judgement. Plus, it's a freaking annoying square. 0 alpha capabilities, rather irritating shape.

ike_ike, that is pure badassery. Great job.

wai tank yoo mister traxamillion

ike_ike, blah blah ... blah blah ... Hope this helps :)

Thank God for A.R :) Yargh, I really need to stop doing designs on the spur of the moment. I somehow got carried away with the swirlies >_>

I'll finish the complete spiral armour thing later. Right now my mum is freaking pissed and keeps on taking my tablet o_O

Attachments

• ArcheSS.PNG
    ArcheSS.PNG
    538 KB · Views: 352
Level 12
for now it looks like he has a big stomach :D
I think that that Dio will win (third time in a row), I like conversion into beard and he looks like some ancient chinesse philosopher :) Sometimes I don't like Dio's colors on the skins, they look too pale or too dark with rimed by black color.
Second place (or maybe the first) is ike ike, colors are similar but also they make a good contrast. And i like the eyes :)

And I repeat... the best Archimonde's skin is unfinished TDR's Angel :)

I have been horrendously sick so I don't know if I will get around to making something for this after all. I barely managed to get out of bed and post this. I like all the textures so far. Markone's is really weird though. Kinda reminds me of a Djinn from Titan Quest. And I am not sure I totally like the color scheme you have going Dio. I think the colors are too bright and look a little cartoonish to be a vampire.

Level 14
Whether you call it a vampire or not doesn't change the fact that it looks deceivingly close to your other work that you've called 'vampires.'

Status
Not open for further replies.