• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #6 - Northrend/Icecrown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I vote for Sansui!

hax-1.jpg

Level 10
dont quit, quitting is for quitters and you don't want to be a quitter do you?

EDIT: here is the finished skin is there anything more anyone thinks I should do to it before I upload the skin

Attachments

• FINISHED.JPG
    FINISHED.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 164
  • FINISHEDportrait.JPG
    FINISHEDportrait.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 173
  • ingame shot.jpg
    ingame shot.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Level 14
Under her breasts is very plain not alot of shading to support her chest and its just a base color, Alittle bit of shading and colors should fix it though.

And the bow needs shading and lighting to give it some depth.

And the shirt needs to be fixed it looks like its smudged on to her breasts.

Level 14
You need to make that makeup on her face blend more with her natural skin tone

Yeah that bothered me too but i fought my ocd to not bring it up :p

Edit: Alrighty here is what i have at the moment guys and gals,

Need to start on drafts of his armor if i have any hope of geting him finished by the tenth.

Attachments

• bobw0r.jpg
    bobw0r.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 217
Level 34
Why are female characters in games so improportionate? They make the girls super skinny, with ridiculously long legs, and massive breasts? Can't they ever be normal?

Why are female characters in games so improportionate? They make the girls super skinny, with ridiculously long legs, and massive breasts? Can't they ever be normal?

Because 98% of the people who play those games are male?

Also, when viewing it from far away, like in wc3, things have to be disproportionate to see them better. That's why the archmage is taller than a farm, for example.

Level 13
try this, i do it often: resize the textures to, atleast, 512x512, draw some black outlines arround collor transitions, like between the dress and the skin, between the purple and the gold in the boots, etc , and resize it back to 256, see if you like it :p

Level 24
try this, i do it often: resize the textures to, atleast, 512x512, draw some black outlines arround collor transitions, like between the dress and the skin, between the purple and the gold in the boots, etc , and resize it back to 256, see if you like it :p

since when are you an expert :hohum:
i hate resizing, it often gives bad results, and loss of detail. no thanks.

Wow, it took me more than an hour to view this thread. :\

40+ long pages of WIPs and Kaitech :smile:

Madcat, I suggest you stick with one. Otherwise you'll be stuck at the last moment.

What you need is some sharpening. Your color choices aren't bad, but the color contrast destroys the whole flow. Take TDR's or Sansui's for example, the flow is great. If the color is too whacky and everything is too random, people won't vote for you.

Just some tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.