• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #7 - Holy/Angelic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Them eye's need alot of work, and the skin around them has no shape whatsoever, we're not drawing holy anime ^^

Also yeah, needs more colour.
The back of his sandals are very blurry.
The wing detail, as in the shading around each feather could use more darkening so it's noticeable ingame.

You could try and give him some kind of body armour, like a shoulderpad and kneepads.

Good start though.

Level 17
Technomancer. looking at your skin, the whole face needs much more definition, particularly in the way of accurate shading around the eyes.Also, I'm not entirely sure about illidan's wrap, but the way you have it drawn won't he have a chest on his back? I would imagine the right half of his torso should be the back should it not?

Level 10
A couple of things:

Personally, I find that the skin doesn't look just like a white blob in game. Kind of the point anyway is that its supposed to be bright and holy, almost blinding bright. And maybe I've just been looking at it for far too long, but I can see pretty much all the details. I have tried it with darker contrast, it looked pretty meh.

Warcraft 3 IS cartoony, in the way of textures, at least. Look at the Peon, the Peasant, the Mountain King. There is a general trend of everything being slightly cartoony.

For the chest, the entire front of the torso just flips around, it doesn't mirror half. So Illidan and/or the demon hunter always has abs on his back. It's unavoidable.

And, can someone give me a reason for giving him armor? He's supposed to be some form of angel. I don't generally envisage angels as being clad in armor.

Also, the wing feathers are supposed to be subtle. They are noticeable (otherwise the wings would just look like one flat colour, and they don't, do they?) but not overwhelming. I suppose I could try making them darker/more contrasting, I'll have to have a look at my options...

Level 34
Markone! Not quite as good as your previous one. But a good skin. There's nothing really amazing about it though.

Level 10
here my wip.
One of my first things done in photoshop and my first attempt at a skin.

img01.jpg

img02.jpg

Level 17
Everyone seems to be picking the same skins. Oh well its a worthy endeavor to reskin demons into angels.
Nah... everyone wants their angel to have wings...
Not Me. I was original and just went with spirity. instead of needing wings. And most of the non demonic models are further from being angelic than the demonic ones are, funny enough. If someone makes a holy Tauren I'll be very impressed.

Level 9
@gilles well i think that its not so amazing too, but i was enjoying while drawing it... and that is important... i think that body is the best part of it... armor was boring to make...
also i would add that my skin is one of rearly who is actually HOLY :p

@guy_who_is_making_dreadlord_skin (sry for forgeting name) u will discover big problems when u see how stupid warp is on his stomach and "ass". its so stupid that its not possible to make anything nice, that made me off that skin. good luck with it, you will need it ;)

Level 4
Not Me. I was original and just went with spirity. instead of needing wings. And most of the non demonic models are further from being angelic than the demonic ones are, funny enough. If someone makes a holy Tauren I'll be very impressed.
I did a moon warrior, PHAH!
Btw holy tauren was my first idea -_-" Its impossible i tell you, IMPOSSIBLE!!

Level 9

kk im in again i wanna try that :razz: ill try make due date but if i dont ill still submit it to the site

Before anyone starts jumping about what the theme is for next time, Wolve moved the UI contest thread somewhere where I can work on it. So basically unless you want both a UI and Texturing contest at the same time, the next one's UI probably. I already made a template UI and I'll also make a sample map which has the import paths set up for easy testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.