• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Texturing Competition #7 - Holy/Angelic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
The Wrap is still a bit funny, but it's not your fault. You can't really see too much of the muscles anyhow.

See below. The model has lots of weird things that you'll have to alpha out or cover in an ingenious way.

Attachments

• hohum.jpg
    hohum.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 207

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
No offense but... She looks more like bitch than "holy" xP
Face has an odd for "holy" being as well :/
I am not saying that technique and quality of this skin is low though.

alas, theres not much that can be done to de-bitchify the demoness' face. but if you're referring to the details, i've copied the Seraphim pretty closely :p

Level 25
alas, theres not much that can be done to de-bitchify the demoness' face. but if you're referring to the details, i've copied the Seraphim pretty closely :p

Her face looks like a "Seraphim Face" from Sacred 1 and 2 and I like that :)

No offense but... She looks more like bitch than "holy" xP
Face has an odd for "holy" being as well :/
I am not saying that technique and quality of this skin is low though.

IMO, Seraphims are quite "bitchy" but cool and in Sacred they are described as a fallen angel or some strange creature from space, cause they have armors that looks likes the Protoss armors in Starcraft. So I can't say that thay are "holy", but who give a shit. They fit in in this theme anyway ^^

Seraphim Face
Seraphim Face.jpg
You can see how it match with A.R's texture.

Level 3
Holy Dragon Maiden WIP

I started it before i saw the seraphim or I wouldnt have used the same model. but they are much different styles and concepts anyways so it doesnt really matter if the model is the same.
attachment.php

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 277
Level 17
Actually it was ONLY causing problems for me in Firefox, strangely enough.

Final Submission(S)

Alright. I have two versions here, and whichever people like more will be my final submission. They're the same except one has a color adjustment.

I decided to make the adjustment to match the lighting in the background better, and then decided it might look good overall on the skin. So I have both here.
The adjustments looked good in the pic, but just looked pink in game

attachment.php

attachment.php

Feel free to try them both in game and tell me which you like better after that too.

If anyone still tries to tell me it still looks like a skeleton and skeletons are "evil", I will tell you you're a wad, and dare you to do better.

And if someone wants the image in my Wallpaper dimensions (that's what I made them at) I can give a png at 1280x960

Woo! 99% freehand. Theres a little boney bit that I never saw used on the model that I left there, I didn't change the eye glow, and the hand is still in the same shape as it was before (dark lines in same places)

Attachments

• TheJudge1.blp
    114 KB · Views: 140
  • TheJudgeFinal2.jpg
    TheJudgeFinal2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,220
  • TheJudge1.png
    TheJudge1.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 764
Last edited:
Level 17
I know it's smudgy, I absolutely suck at blending colours without the smudge tool.

Also, I have done that, but I'm skinning in 1024x512, and when I half it to wrap onto the model you can't see it anymore.

I'd prefer to be skinning the way A.R is doing it, but I have no idea how xd
It looks so much better without the un needed crap that's on it...
Also you can go over the lines without screwing the rest up :p

Level 11
Angelic Guardian

I've decided to try to do something for this contest, so, here's a WIP of my sking: The Angelic Guardian.
Only done with the mask though, will post more screenshots later.

Attachments

• BloodElf-SpellThief.jpg
    BloodElf-SpellThief.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 216
  • SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 259
Level 17
OR! you can use smudge effectively as a given tool in a fine repitoire of tools.

Here Here!

I use smudge constantly. It works, you just need to use it *right*

Paint blocks of color either just with brush or inside a mask.
smudge area between two blocks that should be gradual.
Either smudge *less* on the sharp edges, leave them, or use blur to smooth it out and make it look less pixely, as appropriate. :p Tada!.

Smudge works best if you include the middle tone/ a couple middle tones.

No Comments on "The Judge?"

Level 17
Kaitech, as of now the blade has no real definition and is just plain color. Try to simulate texture using highlights and stuff. Also, DO NOT use smudge. It's ugly

No, smudge ISN'T ugly, if it was ugly why would it be included in the tool? I find smudge very useful seeing as I can't "Digitally blend colours without smudge". Also, people have their own techniques for skinning that works best for them, and smudge is included in it.

You guys did see when the finish date for this contest is..right?

Yeah, but did you check your calender? Today is March the 25th 01:05(GMT) 2008. The contest finishes in 18 days...

Level 18
Oh and sidenote
Darky, you might wanna do more to the Blood Elf helm than just recolor and filter it
And Kai, you needa do some more work on that blade
Looks like plastic right now

P.S. I get to double post cause I'm hosting...rawrawrawr

Status
Not open for further replies.