• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #5 - Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
kk so heres a the finished product after dan vans comment i decided to go with the 2nd one and here it is

ladys and gentle men i present to you Blob!

couldnt think of what to call him anyways this is my first competition is there any where else i gotta go and submit him or something?

blob.jpg

Level 9
yeh one problem when i try import it, it wont show up im using the path

units\creeps\OgreOneHeaded\OgreOneHeaded.blp is that correct?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Too dark, on a black background it was fine but in game it's just way too dark.

Level 10
Trick or Treating Demon

Here's my entry:

The Trick or Treating Demon

Not as done as I would have liked, I think it could be a bit darker, but its at a stage where I feel it's bearable, and I can't be bothered finding my tablet. Enjoy.

EDIT: I've added a jpg of the original spirit walker skin for comparison.

EDIT: THIS IS NOW OUTDATED. NEWER VERSION HERE.

Attachments

• TaurenSpiritWalker.blp
    139.3 KB · Views: 64
  • TorTDemonING.jpg
    TorTDemonING.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 169
  • TaurenSpiritWalker.jpg
    TaurenSpiritWalker.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 138
  • OriginalSpiritWalker.jpg
    OriginalSpiritWalker.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It's a nice idea, but it should be more gruesome, like in olofmoleman's Naga Crypt Guard skin.

Level 26
This is just my opinion, but now that it's all fleshy and gruesome, the trick or treating thing doesn't really fit it, and, added with the fact that candy is best enjoyed when it's not set aflame, I think it's better off as some kind of lantern.

Lay off guys, everyone knows its impossible to shade without a tablet.

Define impossible, some people might take you serious, some people might think your trying to point out its easyer with a tablet. You can do shadeing without a tablet allthough im sure its better\easyer with one...

@Technomancer: It looks better now!

tablets are those pads you connect to your computer where you can "draw" and it appears on the computer? or just a pad you draw on then it gets scanned? its a familiar name, and i think my brothers friend has one, but i forgot the name of it

I think we know what a tablet is.

Level 10
Here we are again...

I think I'm done again.

Even though it totally doesn't fit with the rest of the actual skin, I left the candy lantern in because it suits the general perception of Halloween (Not actual Halloween, but what it has become).

So again we have my entry, hopefully for the final time:

The Trick or Treating Demon

Attachments

• DemonSkinPreviewFinal.jpg
    DemonSkinPreviewFinal.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 397
  • TaurenSpiritWalker.jpg
    TaurenSpiritWalker.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 309
  • TaurenSpiritWalker.blp
    175.1 KB · Views: 69
Level 10
Guys, as useful as your advice is, I really don't have the time or motivation to fix it up, especially since I have exams, like, right now, and really all its doing is making me kinda frustrated. I know you people are trying to help and thanks a lot, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm done with it.

PS: Do I have to add it to the resource section, or is posting it in this thread adequate?

Level 18
Ok guys, 2 days left in this, let's get those skins finalized and ready to get voted on!
And for the record..I think there are only about 3 skins submitted for this
The Ogre skin, the Male Villager skin, and the Tauren Spiritwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.