• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #5 - Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I didn´t edited the model, i don´t even know how to do that and i won´t even bother to learn, those parts had TC already :\. And the horns are alphaed out.

I´ll see what i can do about the colors when i finish with the rest of the stuff.

Level 11
ya thats wat i said
He edited with alpha
Did the arm, but i dont like it because it looks really untidy

Attachments

• ss00001.jpg
    ss00001.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 132
  • ss00002.jpg
    ss00002.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Level 27
The model looks different with a new skin anyways.
Alright, lets end this discussion, because you have NO idea what you're even talking about, and trying to get a great model disqualified for no reason so that you might have a better chance.
If anyone who is experienced wants to shine their light upon the topic, then please do so, otherwise, lets halt and let the people who are actually being productive continue to be productive.
--donut3.5--

Level 26
calm down
i dont want the model disqualified and i never did
Model editing can have many meanings cant it?
Pyrite said he cant edit the model, and i answered he can with alpha
No, you can't. THE ALPHA IS PART OF THE TEXTURE. Making it LOOK different is not the same as making it BE different.

Model editing has one, and only one meaning (as redundant as it is): EDITING THE MODEL. He edited the TEXTURE.

Nice avatar, by the way. He looks delicious.

Level 18
Yes it is an edit on the TEXTURE applied to the model
Not the actual MODEL
Model edits are not allowed to be entered into this contest
You can make a model edit IF you want to submit a seperate model with the skin AFTER the contest,

Level 26
Well to me
It looks edited, and i think editing the model is anything to do with changing the look of it
xkcd said:
"Dear God,"
"Yes, my child?"
"I would like to file a bug report."
Your definition sucks. The entire purpose of a texture is to change how a model looks! BUT THAT'S LIKE SAYING YOU'RE CHANGING THE SHAPE OF A HOUSE WHEN YOU GIVE IT A NEW COAT OF PAINT (give or take the added thickness from the paint).

Level 35
Ok...I will add some more armour.

I am going to do a little bit of editing to the shoulder team color, but I am not sure where I can put more armour on the skin itself...considering that the wrap doesnt like to cooperate.

Mabye I could make the wings have scales?

Level 9
woo i just got back from holidays and saw this tobad i couldnt enter my DK orc it would of given me a reason to finish it but for the mean time im gonna be working on something called the "Pumpkin Smasher" ill update u with a wip soon:thumbs_up:

Level 9
k heres a early wip i have know idea wat to do with the head and horn and the little flap i was thinking of turning the flap into a tongue :razz: any ideas please???

wip.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.