• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #11 - Two Opposite Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
dio is that opposite to holy cow? or u decided to make 2 new skins?
i must say that u really work fast
abt skin, nice demon there, i wanna see how will u do that converting shark in cape

@thisruoy LOL nice idea

It's the opposite to the holy cow since the abom wasn't exactly opposite.
EDIT: No more need to wait :p
About the hair, I wish I could have made it longer, but unfortunately there's the annoying fin that get's in the way. I will experiment a bit though, and don't be too disturbed by the cape's purple, I can always Hue/Saturation it :p

attachment.php

Attachments

• pain.png
    pain.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 497
Level 14
The Last Valkyrie

I used a previous skin to help me manage the wrap so the parts that look out of place are like that because they have nothing to do with what I am skinning now. She is supposed to be the last Valkyrie. She is a warrior woman and as the last of her kind I want to make it look like she has just been through hell. So her cloak will be tattered, her armor worn, and her wings a torn bloody mess.

Ignore the wings for now because well that is just gonna be a bitch to do and so I am leaving that for later. The only thing I have really "completed" (and of course I use that term lightly) are the parts of her skin and the golden wings on her helmet. I am not entirely certain about what I am going to do for her cloak but I was thinking white cloth with golden trim.

Her opposite is going to be a sort of politician/priest. I intend to skin Kael for this. He will be a self-ritious sob who considers himself above war and would prefer to lie, steal, and cheat his way to victory. Whilst the valkyrie will be bloody and dirty, the politician guy will be clean and fancy and shit. I want to give him a title such as "God's own Hand" or something sort of presumptuous like that.

The dichotomy will be between the warrior ways of the past and the aristocratic ways of the present/future.

Attachments

• ValkyrieWIPpicUW1.JPG
    ValkyrieWIPpicUW1.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 248
  • ValkyrieWIPpic1.JPG
    ValkyrieWIPpic1.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 260
Level 11
Skin submission rules
Compliance
No texture file may violate any Hive Workshop general or specific site rules.
none violated

75% Modification
A skin must be modified at least 75% from the original in order to to be approved.
definetly more than 75%
Original Work
Textures not created by the submitter are prohibited. If users make a skin inspired by a particular texture, full credit must be given to the original author.
pretty original
Copy and Paste
No CnP from existing custom skins is permitted. A maximum of 25% CnP from default Blizzard textures may be acceptable, providing that the skin is well executed.
no copy and paste

Level 12
Shading
Shading must be appropriate on the skin and look correct in-game.

Nice shading especially on first one

Recolors
Recolored skins may be accepted, but only if the rest of the skin follows the above rules.

In-game white texture... It's recolor :)))

Approval
Resource moderators will decide on a case-by-case basis which skins are original or useful enough to be approved. If rejected, the moderator must detail why the submission is unacceptable.

Are those skins useful for anything :)?

Level 14
The textures are very nice, for sure.
I've given up on analyzing themes, these contests ultimately are just about making pretty pictures for the users to +rep over anyways.

Level 14
Dionesiist said:
Oh, come one! It's angel/demon D:
That angel/demon is the most logical thematic decision made by an entrant thus far speaks worlds more than I ever could. Anyways, I'm not about to discuss this at length, your entry has some cool qualities and I respect that you picked underloved models to work with.

Level 34
So would male and female count as opposite textures? Or one dead one living, or ranged and melee? Or are those too model related?

That sounds right to me. Though there's a difference between opposite and different. For example, if you have a Female Orc Hunter and a Male Draenei Paladin, those aren't opposites because they're different sexes. They are different, they have no connection whatsoever. Now if you had a Female Orc Hunter and a Male Orc Hunter that'd be opposite due to their genders.

Level 14
Worked out the wrap of the torso. Still needs a bit more work but is mostly done. I think I might make the armor blue and gold. Not sure how that will work out though. I roughly did the weapon and cloak.

Attachments

• ValkyrieWIPpic2UW.JPG
    ValkyrieWIPpic2UW.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 200
  • ValkyrieWIP2pic1.JPG
    ValkyrieWIP2pic1.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 226
  • ValkyrieWIP2pic2.JPG
    ValkyrieWIP2pic2.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 181
Those wings look spectacular, if I do say so myself. The chest is coming along, though it could use some more definition. Definition is always nice, and shall I say, your style is a bit more developed from what we're looking for in Warcraft III. The cape is nice too, but, in case it's not obvious, you need to apply stronger shading.

Otherwise everything seems to have a good flowing colour scheme and basic shared concept.

Kudos to you, Denu.

Level 14
Finnished the feathers of the wing. I have yet to do the bloody bandages but you can see their outline.

That was a pain in the ass :p

Attachments

• ValkyrieWIPpic3UW.JPG
    ValkyrieWIPpic3UW.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 174
  • ValkyrieWIP3pic1.JPG
    ValkyrieWIP3pic1.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 203
  • ValkyrieWIP3pic2.JPG
    ValkyrieWIP3pic2.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 143
Ok, last smokey update for the night.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

To be honest, I don't like the method you used to make the lava pattern on the robes.
Not a lava pattern, its a burnt old firemans coat.

Attachments

• Panda1 copy.jpg
    Panda1 copy.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 139
  • SmokeyPyroFace.JPG
    SmokeyPyroFace.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 123
  • SmokeyPyroBody.JPG
    SmokeyPyroBody.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.