• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[OFFICIAL] Post your favourite resources!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Here are my favourite models:
Yeah I guess I have a preference for Warcraft 1 & 2 models ;) These three models also have great animations.
  • OgreOneHeaded I really liked the design on this one, and the fact that you can choose between spear and mace, that is cool.
  • Castle, from Mr. Bob's amazing medieval buildings pack. I chose this one because this castle is quite impressively made, and because of the overall quality and awesomeness of the pack!

There is a lot more model that would deserve to be nominated, but well, one has got to make a choice.
Dunno if it's ok to nominate models which have the same author? Coz I really like Tauer's models :D

Maps:

Last edited:
Level 12
welp i'm bored so i might as well throw my 2cents here
not sure how you're gonna make a video from all the suggestions here though, since they are all pretty varied

edit: not like anybody gives a shit but i added warlock to my map list lol

Maps
  • Blades 'n Gore II v0.99h - cool map with a custom combat system. has a lot of attention to certain visual details, like weapon attachments, animations, minor character customization, etc. seems a bit unfinished however and i'm still waiting for kita to rise from his grave tbh. CAMPAIGN MODE WHEN
  • Warden #42 - another neato map with a custom combat system. honestly the combat seems somewhat unpolished but my standards are probably too high (i mostly feel this way because a lot of the enemy encounters were just kiting like a mofo the entire time lul). i think it makes up for this by having some slick puzzles, which i can appreciate because puzzles are probably difficult as fuck to design. still haven't played through the map with the sunken ruins tileset because that water puzzle lagged the fuck out of me
  • Treasure Cave - probably the most in-depth puzzle/adventure map on wc3, not much to say. there needs to be more maps like this in existence Tbh
  • Warlock - pretty much the best skillshot type arena there will ever be on wc3, also i'm trash at this game but it's fun
  • honorable mention: some chinese touhou map that isn't even on this website but it had some god tier boss fights and custom combat scheme. don't even remember what it's called but it was fucken DOPE
Models
  • Sunchips - uhh can't really nominate any one of this guy's models in particular because i like a lot of his attachments. some of his attachments have become a staple in some of my maps actually
  • Blood Raven - same deal with sunchips, can't nominate any specific model from this guy. most of his attachments are fucken quality work, not much more to say
  • Epimetheus - probably the most uniquely designed/detailed weapon attachments on teh site
Spells

Last edited:
Level 14
Here are my thought exactly.

I. Maps:
- Warden by Rufus (ft Maxwell) <Warden #42>
- Sunken City by SpasMaster <Sunken City v2.4.0a>
- Planetary Domination by Marshmalo <Planetary Domination v2.04>
- League of Kalimdor 2 by Alxen345 <League of Kalimdor II v1.87>
- The Adventures of Rowan the Wise by Turnro <The Adventures of Rowan the Wise>

II. Models:
- <RiflemanElite>
- <Naga Royal Guard>
- <Archangel Arcana>
- <Tidebaron>
- <Hero SpaceOrc Elite>

III. Terrains:
- <Hegemony>
- <Promise Land>
- <Gilneas>
- <Ancient Warfield>
- <BloodWater Oasis>

IV. Spells:
- <Devastation Envoy V1.01>
- <Volatile Light v2.01>
- <Star Shower v1.06>
- <SWAG MODE v1.02>
- <Expanding Sphere 1.4b>

V. Cinematics:
- <Viola v1.01>

VI. Skins:
- <Horror Texture Pack>
- <NagaTichondrius.blp>
- <Ice Demon>
- <Revenant.blp>
- <The Avenger>

Level 13
I'd just mention @Direfury here. The guy deserved DC rating for at least 3 or 4 of his models.
I second this. I personally am a fan of his later models for their animations. Also, HerrDave's models are all highly underrated. They have the perfect Warcraft appeal, and fit in so well with the existing default models.

For models, I'd choose:
Generic Wizards by @Direfury
Warhammer Witch Hunter by @HerrDave
Iron Longsword by @Sunchips (and other various weapon attachments)

For maps, the always-popular classics:
Founders of the North 1.24 - combination of different genres, great RP map
Battle Tanks 8.80c - frustrating AI at times, different approach to AoS
Gaias Retaliation ORPG v1.2D(5) - the pinnacle of what can be done in terms of terrain and modifications
Sunken City v2.4.0a - some of the best co-op play
Element TD Survivor 4.3b - the best of the genre

Status
Not open for further replies.