1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

GrommashHellscream

Submitted by Tauer
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
As the title suggests, this is Grom Hellscream. I've had multiple requests to make a new Grom throughout my years of WC3 modeling, and with the new WoW expansion out I suddenly got inspired to make him. So here he is :)

I worked hard on this one and he's probably my best work so far, so I hope you all like him. I had more plans for him originally, animation-wise. But they turned out to be quite time-consuming to make and since I also have stuff going in RL, I decided to keep to the basics.

Give credits if you use and/or edit.

UPDATE: Fixed a bug, Mdlvis cut off part of his hair when I optimized for some reason.

UPDATE2: Fixed animation bug in portrait.

Major update:

Gave Grom as little face-lift because some of his low quality-ness was bugging me. Changes:
  • Did some touch ups on the texture. Face and hair is much more detailed and crisp, and the rest of the texture has much clearer highlights, resulting in an overall better look.
  • Scaled up Gorehowl quite a bit because the old one was way too puny. Also moved it close to his hand, so now his grip is closer to the head of the weapon. This looks much better and less like he's balancing the weapon by the end of the hilt.
  • He now boasts both new and reworked animations. The walk cycle has been completely redone and should look a lot more dynamic, the attack animations have been tweaked to look less awkward, and he finally has the cinematic animations, which brings me to my next point:
  • He now has a Chaos version, as well as the above mentioned animations. The animations are built the same way as the vanilla version, so it's not an alternate animation set. It's for use in cinematics, like in the Orc campaign.
  • The portrait animation has added bones, resulting in more realistic and less static movements.
  • His weapon and hero glow now has global sequence animations.
There might be more, but that's all I can think of right now. I've decided to leave the old Grommash here as well, for comparison purposes and in case people would like to use it.
Previews
Contents

Grommash (Model)

GrommashChaos (Model)

GrommashOld (Model)

Reviews
05:48, 6th Feb 2015 MiniMage: Oh this is awesome. A Hellscream 2.0. The feet seem a little big, but eh, this is warcraft, so whatever. XD Anyhow, I'll approve this with a 5/5. Well done.
  1. 05:48, 6th Feb 2015
    MiniMage: Oh this is awesome. A Hellscream 2.0. The feet seem a little big, but eh, this is warcraft, so whatever. XD

Anyhow, I'll approve this with a 5/5. Well done.

2. Yousef

Yousef

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, great, it's out, but I hopped to see mag'har/uncorrupted and fel versions.

3. Sick. I love it.

4. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    UPDATE: Sorry guys, just noticed that Mdlvis screwed his hair when I optimized. Fixed now, though it might not show it in the browser model viewer. If you find any more errors please let me know. Also, remember to test ingame as well as the various model viewers don't always portray correctly.

5. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I love that spell animation.

I'm glad to see this is finally out.

6. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This looks quite nice, 4/5.

7. rokomales

rokomales

Resources:
    Resources:
    dude,this is awesome 5/5

8. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Great, it's out :)

I like the Attack 2, Attack 3 and the Spell animation a lot, even the portrait ones turned good (quite menacing I must say).
    The walk animation turned fine too, could use more side to side leaning but it's good.

Lovely mesh and sweet texture, I mostly like the belt and the pauldrons texture (you did a great job with those areas).

5/5 from me.

9. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm.. is it just viewer or is one of his arms twitchy in 'portrait 1' anim? o.o

10. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yep, same in Magos.

11. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Sorry about that, should be fixed now.

12. Forsaken

Forsaken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Wow! Awesome!

13. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great model!

14. Argos

Argos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Perfect! 5/5 + rep

15. Blood Raven

Blood Raven

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Amazingly done model, voting for DC!

16. The Warchief

The Warchief

Resources:
    Resources:
    5/5! Great Models! Your Blackhand model and this is really good!

17. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Voting for DC too, well ddone my friendd, now the fun begins!

18. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It's fantastic. Voting for DC too, but i think it will not be fair to Direfury, he deserved it too. 5/5

19. PrinceOfThaWest

PrinceOfThaWest

Resources:
    Resources:
    As stated on your WIP topic, congratulations and cheers! Best Grommash model ever made for Warcraft III. Director's Cut without a doubt.