1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

RiflemanElite

Submitted by TurieL
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Rifleman Elite v1.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think of them as dwarven special forces - extremely skilled warriors trained to battle in both ranged and close combat, on any terrain and in any weather conditions. They are veterans of many wars and battles, most of them played key roles in defence of Dun Morgoth during the Second War. Elite Riflemen squads count up to 5 members, every one of them has a special squad insignia (the one presented here is a Hammer Squad member). They use modified Blunder Buss rifles with sniper scopes and bayonets, a deadly weapon for all occasions, and gnomish fragmentation grenades.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walkspeed for this unit is: 240.

If you want the rifleman to attack with rifle animation only turn on only 1st attck.
If you want him to attack melee only - turn only 2nd attack.
Unfortunately - it is NOT possible for this unit to ranged attack units that are far
away and then melee attack them when they get close - because both (1st and 2nd) attacks use the same minimum range, so you must choose the attack you want, folks (well, you can also set the ranged attack to harm only air units and groud attack to damage land ones - but it's not to funny).

If you have questions about this model - mail me: turiel@o2.pl

Have fun. =]

TurieL

Keywords:
rifleman gun elite
Contents

RiflemanElite (Model)

RiflemanElite (Model)

Reviews
20:44, 1st Mar 2009 Dan van Ohllus: I can't believe this model hasn't a model moderate review. Director's cut for it's awesome usage of animations, and the quality of the model itself is great
  1. 20:44, 1st Mar 2009
    Dan van Ohllus:
    I can't believe this model hasn't a model moderate review.
    Director's cut for it's awesome usage of animations, and the quality of the model itself is great

2. TurieL

TurieL

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hope you like this one :)
    I took seriously your advices on the Brahn Bronzebeard's model - texture is a bit better and hands and legs have proper size (at least I hope so :))
    Unfortunately it's not possible to make him attack a land unit from a distance with the first attack, and then fight in close combat with the second attack when this unit gets close. That's because minimum attack range is defined for both, 1st and 2nd attacks.
    But I still hope that this hero rifleman will be a lot of fun :)

3. La morte

La morte

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Veryyyyyyyyy Cooooooooooooooooooool! 5/5

4. Burning Demon

Burning Demon

Resources:
    Resources:
    :shock: This is an incredible model ! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it !

gm ! (good model)

5. Nasrudin

Nasrudin

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure if it will solve the problem, but can't you simply set the maximum range for the melee attack to, let's say, 50 and the minumum range for the rifle attack to 100?

6. ChaoZzZ

ChaoZzZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    moah moah i've seen better. overal 3/5

7. Bobocat

Bobocat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Choaszzz shut your ass you dont kno shit its freakin awsome. 5/5.

8. RaVn0s

RaVn0s

Resources:
    Resources:
    very good model, simple and wonderful
    but that attacking prob can be really annoying

4/5

9. Daveman

Daveman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like the way you used the paladins cape, it works well
    Also, you might be able to make a spell that makes him attack with the swordy thing, that would work

10. 131ueDragon

131ueDragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sweet model. Too bad the animation thing didn't work out. I'm going to use it in my rpg, cuz I am so tired of the boring old ugly blizzard rifleman model. Nice job, keep it up. 4.5/5
    -Blue

11. GoliathPraetor

GoliathPraetor

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's AWSOME! I'm going to use it in my map, all credit given of course. And its a bayonette not a sword thingy. Pathes???!!! your readme says jack about pathes.

12. GoliathPraetor

GoliathPraetor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nvm, figured them out.

13. Garthok

Garthok

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I'd say this is one of the best models on here, great textures that fit perfectly, haven't tried it ingame but I'm sure this animation bug can't be that big of a deal.

14. GoliathPraetor

GoliathPraetor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't see a bug in the animation at all. It's just fine.

15. sc_freek

sc_freek

Resources:
    Resources:
    have you seen better animations?
    this is perfect, IMO

16. TurieL

TurieL

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    -> Nasrudin:

It's impossible to set a minimum range ONLY for rifle (attack one). Like I said the minimum attack range is defined for both attacks (rifle + bayonet), so when you set it this way you will only be able to shoot the rifle from 100 minimum distance and when the target gets to 50 - nothing will happen, because minimum range is 100 (for both attacks).

Well, meanwhile I got another idea, but it's not automatic. You can give him a skill that changes the rifleman into... the same rifleman :) that attacks with second attack instead of first one. I mean a button for switching attack modes, but it's not automatic...

17. TurieL

TurieL

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    -> Daveman:

I never used a Paladins cape here :) The model is done completely from nothing with no copied model parts from WC3 units. Even the texture is not a reskinned copy of rifleman.blp (though I took pattern from it).
    And there is a "spell two" animation that is a copy of the bayonet attack just in case - so you can also use the bayonet only as a spell.

18. TurieL

TurieL

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    -> ChaoZzZ:

"I've seen better" - what do you mean by that? What is so wrong in this model that you were forced to give it 3/5? Share your thoughts man - I'm all ears.

19. Cazzah

Cazzah

Resources:
    Resources:
    ive seen worse, a LOT WORSE. 5/5