• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So, I downloaded a Model file(RiflemanElite), and extracted it to my Warcraft III folder.

Now, there appears a folder named RiflemanElite, with 3 files:

RiflemanElite.mdx
RiflemanElite.blp
RiflemanElite_Portrait.mdx

I followed the guide on how to import files, changed the path thingy, but when I try to place the unit in the map, a green-black box thingy appears instead of the model that I tried to import, and a message saying 'Could not load file RiflemanElite\RiflemanElite.mdl" in the lower part of the editor.

I tried to save and re-open the WE, but the same thing happens.

I tried to test the map and the unit appears to be a shadow, and is unclickable.

What kind of problem do I have? And how do I get that .mdl file that the WE is looking for?

Level 6
I know whats the problem and how to solve it.

Simply copy the model you need into the file titled 'Warcraft 3'. For example, i would copy all 3 files into the folder named E:\Warcraft 3. Then use the skin path specified by the model creator. This should solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.