• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Easy too understand NOVAIRO'S Tutorial for models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
OK!!
from all the tutorials and 1 question too modurator
i have mastered adding models into editor.

PICTURES AT END IN URL...

STEP 1. Extracting.

+ Download a model from models.
+ Save it to desktop or were ever.
+ Extract the folder with model in it to wc3 folder.
+ delete the zip. now if you want.

STEP 2. Importing.

+ Open World Edit.
+ Make New Map or add to pre made one.
+ Open Import Manager.
+ Import all the things in the folder in wc3 folder.

STEP 3. Now For paths.

+ The Main MDX/MDL File Stays the same as it is.
+ For the rest Ifits in just main folder you just do. this: (file name).blp or xtra .MDL files <--thats it.
+ Now if it isnt in main folder do this
: (2nd folder in main)\(file name).blp/.mdl or
: (2nd folder)\(3rd folder)\(file name).blp/.mdl
or more folders if there is.

STEP 4. Reload.

+ Save and Reload World Edit.
+ Go to your map.
+ Open Object Editor.
+ Change To YOur New Coo.. Model
+ SAVE and dance arround your room!

PICTURES HERE:

http://icenova.bravehost.com/icenova.html

step 5.

IF** 2 same file names from 2 diff models
just change the new file name and then import it.
Happy Mod Guy :D ^^^^

Level 25
Erm... No

Yours is not more detailed

Unless of corse my idea of "Detailed" contradicts with yours, mine is by far more detailed

However, I'm going to go and add another section to it to deal with some other things

In fact, all yours adds is extracting, which is a really really common and easy to understand thing which most people who use the Internet should know how to do already

Level 25
Metal my good sir, if people had enough common sense to figure out how to import from the page, I wouldn't have had to sticky the topic in the first place

So yeah, this'll probably stay alive until it hits page 28, where you can probably bump it or something

Level 11
You already have... These stuff are common sense. And it was unecessary. Darky made one about importing... Extracting is pathetic and it was mentioned by Mecheon already. Your tutorial is more than welcomed, but unecessary since these areas were covered by both Mecheon and Darky. So nope, it won't be stickied, and if you keep asking for that, you'll probably get a warning. That's what Mec usually does when people are annoying/breaking the rules. :lol:

~Daelin

Level 3
hi

ya but some things were also unclear in there tutorial
like darky for path he just showed the path for the goblin and then sayd. do same thing to other models but not every model is the same.
i "told" wat the path should b based on were the model is.

Status
Not open for further replies.