• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

importing in world edit WTF???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I made my first model that actually had no problems in 3ds max by using the warcraft art tools. The only problem was the importing. after i imported those files (the .blp texture and the .mdx model) i changed their path so they are no longer in the war3imported folder. The model file was wheew.mdx and the texture Graphic1.blp. i saved the animation, closed it and reopened it. i changed the peasant animation to my animation. i placed a peasant and... :eek: it's a green checker box. i know that that box is displayed only if something is wrong with the animation texture. I tought the path is incorrect, and so i exported the file as a .mdl file. i opened the mdl file with notepad and i saw the texture file is Graphic1.blp :eek: What's wrong

huh? really.....

:eekani:

Like said, follow G.F yep, the only other reason I can suggest is a fault with your model.

Yea... I'm pretty sure. You said on my thread something like (In big bold letters btw) "you do not need to restart WE, you just need to save it"...

Then Mc ! or someone said that you just need to save... That thread is history because the posts were deleted, so... I have no proof myself.

Well why doesn't it work for me if I save? The models don't show up unless I restart the editor... did I miss something?

Same here... textures and models can only be seen in the WE after restarting WE (the first time you import them, of course, then it always shows up) OR by changing the video controls (sometimes works, most of the time doesn't), or testing ingame.

But once you import the model/texture, it can be seen ingame, but not in the WE.

Status
Not open for further replies.