• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help pl0x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I just made a weapon and when I convert it to 3ds and then convert to mdx then mdl I change the path to the converted bmp file into blp.
SO the model uses the path HumanSword.blp
But when I open it with Wc3ModelEditor the .blp file is upside down...
And when I open the MDX in milkshape its the same..
Then I re-texture the thing and it works as I thought it would in the beggining..
But when I redo the whole thing it gets UPSIDEDOWN AGAIN!
This is just so annoying..
Could someone help me?
Btw here's the files.
It will contain the milkshape file . the old bmp picture and the blp picture I used..
And the mdx & mdl

Attachments

• Desktop.rar
    55.2 KB · Views: 49
Level 7
well i think im just going to redo it for him, its so screwed up. id recommend that he redo it himself or he wont learn. im not calling you a bad modeler but you need to constantly check your work as you are modeling, you had 2 swords on top of each other. so ill make you a new one.

*edit* here is the new one, i didn't have time to test it in game so you may have to tweak it a little in ms3d, i attached the ms3d file as well as the mdx and blp.

Attachments

• new sword.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Level 7
ok first of all what you did is you didn't make sure that your first half of your model was completely filled in, you had alot of missing faces. when you duplicated it i think you did it a couple times because there were 2 swords on top of each other. so when i deleted a face there was another underneath. you also forgot to weld a bunch of verts. when you weld them in an attachment the way you were shown, do not weld the middle of the model or you will lose the 3d part of your blade. i noticed a few flat places where you did that. all i can say really is make sure you are happy with the first half then duplicate and mirror. i have attached a few photos showing you what i saw, it was hard to see in milkshape.

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 124
  • example2.JPG
    example2.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 160
  • example3.JPG
    example3.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.