• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

model converting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
i have a glm file model- i have imported it to 3ds max 5,so i want to convert it to mdx/mdl by exporting it. but it has a little problem where it texture in jpg file. and when i tried to export it to mdx/mdl it says that the path texture need to be change something bla bla about bitmap . but yet it can be converted to mdx/mdl and i stll can view it at model viewer. and when i opened the mdl file using notebook-the texture text doesn't exist. so i just want to ask how i want to export this file to mdx/mdl with their texture without wrapping it again and is that possible to use this model in wc3? i just want the mesh and their texture. without animation.plz help me?

Level 1
i tried it and the result still same.it says that max couln't find the texture nomaterial in nomaterial directory. it will attempt to find in configure path/bitmap dirctory. this will take some time and if u know where this texture is, make sure corrrect directory appears 1st in bitmap and bla2. and this model have skin file type (.skin) when i open using notepad it has a data on the texture. is this file important?

Status
Not open for further replies.