• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with importing a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I had created three skins for the VillagerMale so i decided to copy his .mdx (three times) and change the name of the .mdx file (three times) then imported the three versions of the skin's .blp i had made with their corresponding model. So i imported the files and changed the Models Full path to "WhiteShirt.mdx" and then imported the skin with the Full path "Textures\WhiteShirt.blp". I closed and reopened the World Editor but there was no change to the skin. He was still tan and not white.

Is it not possible to copy a WC3 model, change its name, and then import it?
Why won't it work?

I need help!

TDR

TDR

Level 18
1) changing the path of the model file has no effect whatsoever, only the texture's path is crucial
2) just duplicating and renaming the model has again no effect at all. Once you duplicate it, you have to also edit the texture that's applied to the model. There's a tool at wc3c resources called "MDX pather", search for it (too lazy to paste you the link now), and use it to change the name of the texture from the model to the name of your custom texture.

Level 2
1) changing the path of the model file has no effect whatsoever, only the texture's path is crucial
2) just duplicating and renaming the model has again no effect at all. Once you duplicate it, you have to also edit the texture that's applied to the model. There's a tool at wc3c resources called "MDX pather", search for it (too lazy to paste you the link now), and use it to change the name of the texture from the model to the name of your custom texture.

Well about that MDX program, it is only for windows.. i have a mac that runs on OS X.. could there be any other way?

Oh i know, i could simply download the program on another computer and use a USB drive to bring my .mdx and .blp files to that computer with windows change the path and bring it back to the computer with OS X.

Thank you TDR appreciate your help!

Level 5
if you have done 3 separate skins. open the copied model e.g whiteshirt.mdx in magos' go windows then texture manager. delete the villagermale skin then import your skin save it restart magos' and your skin will be on that model. so just import the the 3 models and skins (with the correct path) and it will work. works for me

Status
Not open for further replies.