• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i know how to import skins and the pathing. but with models i import them then what do i do??? ive tried just chaging the model file of like a peasent to the one i imported but it never works do i have to then go back to import manager and change and path of it or somthing??

Level 22
Models are usually made up of multiple files. Each of those files has to have the correct path in order to work. More times then not, the model its self (the .mdx file) does not have a path, so you can usually leave it as "war3mapimported/----.mdx" But skins and particles must have the right paths. Be sure to make not of all the paths then you doenload a model, they are all right there to be seen.
-VGsatomi

Level 16
Unless the model is a very anal-retentive one, like Killst4r's defiler, which HAS to be renamed defilerfinal.mdx, or some of RIghtfield's models, which HAVE to be put under their racial and classification subclasses like units/chaos/dsparil/Shadowcaster.mdx or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.