• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't import a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well, as title says I can't import a model/s. I tried with tutorial, but still I can't.
The model has only .mdx file. It doesn't have blp. When I import file and change path I can't find model. Even if I replace model with some existing model it shows it as green-black box. :ogre_rage: I need help.

Level 4
2yo2wdw.png

here take a look.
import manager > double click in the import > use custom path > and remove "war3mapImported\"

Level 4
I actually forgot to mention "close and reopen your map"
thanks for remember

If the unit has a custom texture:

after the import part, make sure you set the texture path to the correct one first (normaly you just need to delete the war3mapimported\ part) before saving the map

else you might need to delete the texture, save map, close then reopen then redo what I just said for the model to work...

Level 4
objector editor > Unit or Doodads ( depending on the function ) > Choose one model or copy > Art-Model File ( double click ) > Import - choose your model

Status
Not open for further replies.