• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem to import a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I tried for about 3 hours to import a model and few people tried to help me, but it's still not working.

Here is my problem :
I tried for import the bamboo model http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=49756&prev=s=bamboo&d=list&r=20
I imported the 3 files and wrote the path for each. I checked thousand of time, i'm pretty sure the paths are right :
war3mapImported\BambooStick1.mdx
Textures\Bamboo.blp
Textures\RibbonBlur1.blp

I modified a tree of ashenvale with the model file war3mapImported\BambooStick1.mdl but it's not working. Could Someone help me please ?

Level 32
Applying models to tree destructibles is a VERY tricky business. Try this:
Yes, applying a custom model to tree walls is a tricky matter indeed.

As 'wulf said Art - Model file - Variations must be set to "1"

Even then, trees on your map may still be invisible in the game itself. If this is the case:
  1. Copy and paste a destructible with only one variation, such as a barrel.
  2. Rename the new custom destructible.
  3. Change the Pathing - Pathing Texture field to: Ashenvale Tree Wall <Base>
  4. Change the Stats - Hit Points field to: 50
  5. Change the Combat - Targeted As field to: Tree
  6. Change the Sound - Death field to: TreeWallDeath

Even then custom trees may still be bugged if the model file contains no birth, death, or chop animations.
Some variation of the above should work. In your case, you'll need to edit the value of the Object Editor field:

Art- Model File >===> war3mapImported\BambooStick1.mdl

[off-topic]
  • [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]
    peonforum.gif
    Very first post Regisobe23? !ntroduce yourself to The Hive![/self]

Status
Not open for further replies.