• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

can pathing change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
-first, I downloaded the model and saved it to my desktop.
-second, I extracted the files. After doing so, it automatically lets me veiw the files. But the folder that opens up shows another folder to open inside of it, and the names are the same so I drag the folder outside of the ?redundant? folder, and then x out of the the old one. I then delete the folder on the desktop with the zipper on it.
-third, I open the remaining folder which usually has two MDX files, and a textures folder

-now lets say I create five new folders on my desktop named: one, two, three, four, five. I take Hero.MDX(ex.) and put it into folder five. Then I put five into four, four into three, three into two, and two into one.

-my question is this-- did I just change the path to one\two\three\four\five\Hero.MDX --
or is the path still the same as the path from when I origionally downloaded the model? and which path would I input when I change the file path in the editor?

this is hypothetical, but i have renamed some of the folders for organization purposes, and now I wonder if I've changed the path on accident. If you see any mistakes in any of my steps, plz help.

Level 2
I just realized Mecheon is probably going to think I'm a dumbass because he's so fed up with answering these import questions. But I'll leave this post up just in case this question has some merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.