• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

help whit import models! please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i am a totally noob and i am here to ask u one thin
how do i import models? i followed the tutorial but it don't work now i give u an example

EX= i have DL a model kalled knight,i extract him then
it creates a folder called knight,a sub folder called grey knight and a 3rd folder called textures.
then i enter the editor and i change the path of thr textures (i must not change the path of the model
right?) i change da path knight/greyknight/textures
is this right?
after this i save the map,close the editor and open it
again. now when i go to change the real knight model into the DL one it says it is unable to find it! :shock: i am surely something wrong plz help me!

thx for ur help in any case :wink:

Level 2
if you created the knight\greyknight subfolders then don't put those in the custom path. only textures\(uh..what was it again, well whatever the file was). Anyways when i import models i delete every thing before the actually name, like the war3mapimported, even on .mdx, because its simpler.
However if you import a model and it comes with a texture folder, then on the custom path put textures\(whatever the name is).blp or .mdx.

Status
Not open for further replies.