• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

mdx import in gmax please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello

i want to know how to import mdx files in Gmax

does anyone have a step-by-step guide on how to import mdx files in gmax
i have alread the needed tools, but my problem is i dont know how to import models

and i also want to know how to export to mdl file

thanks

Here they are. One is dex script, which works 100%. place both in scripts.

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/magos.php is the tutorial for gmax modeling.

the MDX importer works in very few versions of gmax, so you will most likely have to scratch model :p. Anyways, hope this helps!

Attachments

• Gmax Scripts.rar
    44.2 KB · Views: 369
Level 3
I dont understand why nobody tells in a proper way how to open .mdx files... i guess the people who say knows dont really know...
So, ok I ran the script and then?... What is need to do??, I click on import and doesn't shows the option to load .mdx files

Did you follow the instructions above? The MDX format is a very specific thing, and is only importable to Gmax because someone did an importing script. And of course it isn't flawless. You should be thankful someone dedicated their time to that, and patient to learn how to get around the faults.

I would help you, but Gmax doesn't seem to work in my computer. And wouldn't be a big issue to necropost this thread in case you would be bringing some new information to it, and in a polite manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.