• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RiflemanElite

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Rifleman Elite v1.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think of them as dwarven special forces - extremely skilled warriors trained to battle in both ranged and close combat, on any terrain and in any weather conditions. They are veterans of many wars and battles, most of them played key roles in defence of Dun Morgoth during the Second War. Elite Riflemen squads count up to 5 members, every one of them has a special squad insignia (the one presented here is a Hammer Squad member). They use modified Blunder Buss rifles with sniper scopes and bayonets, a deadly weapon for all occasions, and gnomish fragmentation grenades.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walkspeed for this unit is: 240.

If you want the rifleman to attack with rifle animation only turn on only 1st attck.
If you want him to attack melee only - turn only 2nd attack.
Unfortunately - it is NOT possible for this unit to ranged attack units that are far
away and then melee attack them when they get close - because both (1st and 2nd) attacks use the same minimum range, so you must choose the attack you want, folks (well, you can also set the ranged attack to harm only air units and groud attack to damage land ones - but it's not to funny).

If you have questions about this model - mail me: [email protected]

Have fun. =]

TurieL

Keywords:
rifleman gun elite
Contents

RiflemanElite (Model)

RiflemanElite (Model)

Reviews
20:44, 1st Mar 2009 Dan van Ohllus: I can't believe this model hasn't a model moderate review. Director's cut for it's awesome usage of animations, and the quality of the model itself is great
Level 2
By far one of the best models in my opinion, you did great with it, i have seen it used in quite a bit of maps mostly ET (elimination tournament). This is a model i would use 5/5

Level 8
u can just make 2 units ingame, one using the melee attack, and another using the ranged one, and then use a spell like n/e druid's bear form to morph between the two

Level 3
I figured out my problem. I can't explain it because my pathing is messed up.
For all those who can NOT figure out how to make it so the unit appears, don't forget to make it Textures\RiflemanElite.blp . Very important.

Level 4
wow nice model I use it! 5/5.
Which voice you think will be the best for it? I think archmage's voice is snob but not confident enought

Maybe Peon sound? he sounds different when have this body.

"I am not this kind of orc" FTW

Last edited:
Level 1
Yikes, amazing! I usually am just a lurker here for the tuts and resources (not quite skilled enough to really participate. Well that and I thought the site was dead.) But this model is top notch stuff, excellent job good sir I do say you are a genius a gentleman and a scholar!

Level 9
I would never waste almost 1 MB for such model. I really don't see any difference between the default warcraft III rifleman, and this one.

To be decent, this model should have max 70 KB.

Not to mention the fact that it's a DC. Why is that model a DC, it's a fucking mystery, I swear!

Level 4
Omfg you are the best this is the best model ever omfg this is incredeble this may go in my loap as the police hero to much thanks (yeah i'm pretty exited of this model bus its incredible) still working dude ;d you could make that the spell animation throws sth like a granade anyway very good

Level 1
Can't you solve the problem by putting a skill and a trigger that turn him into an identical unit that has bayonet enabled? Zombie Survival does it with their equipment system, and I don't see the problem with doing it here. Just set a skill called say, Bayonet Stance and then set up a trigger that will replace him with an identical unit with bayonet enabled. This solution, however, does not work with hero maps.
Oh, and also, Best. Dwarf. EVER. You are god. 10/5

Level 1
I really like this but due to some reason I can't make it work. Something is wrong with the mdx file or so it seems. Both the model and portrait has the same problem. I guess it's just a weird hijinks of my World Editor.
Well, I am new to this so maybe I did something wrong. I imported other models just fine though. I am using the latest patch. Could that be a problem?

EDIT: Solved. Now it works. The file is quite large but it's excellent overall. I especially like bolt-action ejection you made.
Great model. 5/5

Last edited:
Level 4
Wonderful also if you guys are wondering you can just make a "parasite" ability make a dummy unit instead dark minion etc. that has locust invulnerability no sight range or shadow/model. it also should die after .02 seconds make the spell have an attack range of 100 and the damage you want. Then make it last for .02 seconds and make the buff for parasite have no model either. same goes for projectile. This is a great way to make a melee/ranged unit that can auto cast his melee ability so he doesn't get his ass capped.