1. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III - Patch 1.31 PTR

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Apr 24, 2019.

1. sonphamthe11H

sonphamthe11H

Resources:
    Resources:
    anyone has this error?the 1.30.4 still work fine but the new ptr doesnt
    maybe only me have it?
    upload_2019-4-25_14-57-20.png

Attached Files:

2. mmtt

mmtt

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    PTR is very unstable i got crash while browsing main menu

3. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    RIP Cripple :'(

4. apsyll

apsyll

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    First of all thank you very much for the hard work was looking forward to this patch and I'm like it.
    here is something I stumbled on for my first tests.

-Do we get the frame functions for GUI in the next update?

-Can't get
    Code (Javascript):
    native BlzGetUnitWeaponRealField(..., UNIT_WEAPON_RF_ATTACK_RANGE, ...)
    native BlzSetUnitWeaponRealField (..., UNIT_WEAPON_RF_ATTACK_RANGE, ...)
    to work somehow. have a map attached to show what I tried so far.
    will update this post when I find more things..
    Cheers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  5. sonphamthe11H

sonphamthe11H

Resources:
    Resources:
    it's really laggy when I open the map and play it,mainmenu is fine

6. Glint

Glint

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm working on that one! From what I understand so far it has metamethods or something. :D

I'm currently studying Python for Pygame (finding an alternative for C#'s XNA/Monogame) until Blizzard suddenly introduced this patch. I rushed reviewing Lua.

It took me time to find out //! beginusercode and //! endusercode are required in order to use Lua in the World Editor.

7. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Just want to say thank you, Classic Team, for the hardwork on the great update! Will surely go crazy with the new UI functionalities!

Next request: add networking natives. :aht:

8. OutsiderXE

OutsiderXE

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can't try it yet :( I'm really interested in finding out how the locales work. Having multiple languages in a single file would be the dream!

9. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Me yesterday - "Okay, its time to decide if I implement a damage system of some sorts and so rework all spells I've done now, or I wait until patch 1.31 which is coming Soon(tm), because the map reached the point where static placeholder values don't cut it anymore. On one hand, 1.31 will probably include all I need, on the other hand, there's no guarantee, and it may or may not arrive before the end of the world. Gah, what to do? Okay, I'll decide tomorrow..."

Blizzard today - "YOUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD AND ANSWERED, MY SON!"

10. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for clarifying this!

11. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hmm, from tinkering with the damage events, I found out that trying to deal damage based on spells to (spell immune) enemy units defaults to 1.00 for unreduced damage. An odd find, might I add.

Evasion still evades the attack, which does not activate the
    EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGING
    event.

EDIT:

It appears that the size of a group will not adapt when a unit is removed from the game. It will still remain the same, which lines up with the behavior we've seen so far with group handles.

12. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here are a few thoughts about 1.31 changes:
    • Sundering Blades:
      • Icon: I don't see what it is supposed to represent? A shield? If so, why is it a shield and not a sword?
      • Attachment effect: there is a visual glowing effect on Knights' swords once the upgrade has been researched. It is good that a visual effect is applied to show when a unit is upgraded, however, I think this one is too much, too noticeable. It looks like Knights carry torches. It would look better if that glow wasn't permanent but periodic instead (like glowing every 10-15 seconds)
      • In game: AI doesn't seem to research Sundering Blades upgrade.
    • In Unit and Doodads Palettes, it's great to be able to search for an object by typing in its name. However, in Unit Palette, it's not very relevant, because it only searches within the race and category (melee/campaign/custom). If I search "priest" when Human Melee is selected, I'll get one result only, human priest, I won't get troll priests for example. This features isn't very useful, because one can already select priest by using the regular priest icon, which is faster than typing+clicking, unless there is an insane amount of custom units. This search feature should allow us to search any unit, regardless of its category and race.
    • No GUI support for damage detection and UI customising. That's a big desillusion for me. Any plans to make them GUI-friendly in the near future?

I must confess that I expected more from that patch. Not that it's a bad patch obviously, but it contains mostly features that cannot be used by beginners: Lua, new natives with no GUI support, UI customisation. Apart from those, it's mostly quality of life improvement (Tooltip previewer is awesome) and balance changes, which I'm all for, but it doesn't bring anything actually new. I'm very happy for those who can use those features, because they master WE more than I will ever do and they will create amazing projects, yet I can't help being disappointed because I hoped I could do more amazing things in WE but there is barely anything for non-programmers. Even though the majority of us uses GUI... Also, I was expecting more features, such as higher max limit for unit speed, unlimited units selection, additional building menus for workers... So I really hope the new natives will be made available in GUI, for those of us who don't have a clue about coding, and I also hope Blizzard will keep adding new features for WE, before or after Reforged.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  13. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    @Kam by the way, since you are adding new abilities and (hopefully) icons... are there plans to add OLD abilities and icons, from Alpha/Beta, that didn't make the cut? Native non-triggered Charge, Corpse Explosion, Soul Siphon, etc? And maybe... maybe Alpha/Beta models too? Some have been recreated/extracted by community, true, but far from all, AFAIK.

14. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There is a bug showing the campaign name. The Gnoll Campaign text shows only the first word. Note that we have added a color to the name, which causes this: |cffFCD211Gnoll Campaign|r. When we remove the text color everything works ok.

FirstWordShowingOnly.png

Test file also attached (GnollCampaign-C1R6-build1).

EDIT: Second Bug. Gnoll Warlock level icon shows up as a green icon in the game.

felgnoll-traingin-green.png

Best regards,
    Tommi

Attached Files:

15. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My thoughts exactly.

16. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Love that you finally increased the description length! Thanks for that. However, I'm having problems bringing my ALT-tabbed Warcraft back on screen.

There seems to be a new line "Value link" in the description editor in Object editor, which instantly crashed the editor upon pressing =D

17. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    If you like me are stuck at work or can't launch PTR for any reason, but are curious, I've found what new icons look like. Dagger is pretty neat.

Pictures

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    From the ability's description it's supposed to be a sword capable of decimating (medium) armour.

19. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Bug report:

A bit of an oddity with groups now (PTR) is that FirstOfGroup does not appear to work (in my tests).
    BlzGroupUnitAt only takes valid indices from 0 to (size of group - 1).

GroupRemoveUnit does not update BlzGroupGetSize. A call to GroupClear must be made, along with the help of another group handle. However, GroupAddUnit works fine with BlzGroupGetSize.

EDIT:

FirstOfGroup works as before. False observation

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  20. NEL

NEL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Only I care about is LUA works in-game lel.