• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.29 PTR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I'm simply amazed that Blizzard put in so much work into a W3 patch <3

All that's left to say is just - THANK YOU!

P.S. A silly question... What does the "increased object limit" mean? Is it for doodads, units, etc. all all types of objects?

Last edited:
seriously amazing stuff! couldn't even focus on getting any work done today, was pretty much falling out of my seat in shock with all the awesome changes!

24 players for custom maps. Did anybody say Funmap Evening Event! :D

Can't wait to see which maps are made or getting updates to support this.

pls. we need someone to organize this. it'll be amazing!

24-player map contest anyone?

Level 39
This is incredible! I'm always amazed that Blizzard still supports a 16 year old game.

- Lighting in warcraft3 is horrible. We want something better! :) specially when it comes to casted shadows.

This. So much this. Real time shadows would make a huge difference for the visuals. I'm of the opinion that we don't really need a complete remaster of the game. Improving the lighting and shaders, and maybe upping the resolution of the textures would go a long way. The great thing about the WCIII art style is that it doesn't really age. Resolution and lighting does though.

Level 25
Before: FFS LEAVE UR LAGGING THE GAME. *Drop player window pops up for a few secs, goes away* <<-- repeat 5 times.
Now: Drop player window: The Simulator

I hope people limit the unit count in 24 player maps, as the graphics tend to bug out when theres too many units on screen.

But if used well there can be some really cool maps. Dota 1 with 22 players is going to be a craze.

Level 15
these updates are so good

some of those natives really open things up

but increase of max food count to 999 max players to 24...LAG LAG CITY
there now really needs to be some kind of update so wc3 can handle that amount of chaos

Level 15
YYYYEEEEEEAAAAASSHSHAAHSHSHASH!!
Just an useless comment, don't mind this.

whoa, now i can manipulate abilities event more!!
I guess i really need to buy Warcraft 3 now

Last edited:
Level 4
This sounds hectic. I hope they put some campaigning and advertisements out for this patch to bring back a few thousand players. Would love for War3 to be mainstream again. Can't wait to test people's 24 player maps.

P.S: Plus 1million rep for anyone that makes 24 player pudge wars mayhem

Attachments

• tc.png
    tc.png
    1 MB · Views: 415
I just hope I ain't dying too soon.

=============================

About them playahs and over 100 food. Has the big unit in a map staggering issue been resolved?

Each player still has the same food limit - 100. There should be no lag per player. The difference is that modders can now increase the limit more than it was supported and the unit staggering wasn't an issue - it was pathing. Pathing calculation makes units stagger, however I was able to find a workaround to it.. i might release a video of 10000+ units moved flawlessly at the same time.

Reactions: pyf

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Each player still has the same food limit - 100. There should be no lag per player. The difference is that modders can now increase the limit more than it was supported and the unit staggering wasn't an issue - it was pathing. Pathing calculation makes units stagger, however I was able to find a workaround to it.. i might release a video of 10000+ units moved flawlessly at the same time.
Whatever the cause. It has to be fixed one way or the other. So, help the community out with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.