1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Tides of Darkness - Orc

Submitted by Enoshima, tulee
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.

[​IMG]

Important
This campaign was made by Enoshima. He is the author of this campaign. The campaign is being posted on HiveWorkShop on his behalf with his express permission.

The campaign was originally posted here:
Enoshimashrine

Permission From Author
[​IMG]

Tides of Darkness - Orc
This campaign follows Orgrim Doomhammer and the Horde. This campaign is comprised of 9 playable missions and 3 cinematic missions, and follows the style of the Blizzard campaign with RTS-style missions as well as RPG-style missions.

It is recommended to play the campaign using the most recent patch.

List of Enoshima's Campaigns

1. Tides of Darkness - Orc

Characters
[​IMG] Orgrim Doomhammer: The warchief of the Horde and chieftain of the Blackrock clan.
[​IMG] Rend Blackhand: The son of former warchief Blackhand the Destroyer.
[​IMG] Zul'jin: The chieftain of the Amani tribe.
[​IMG] Teron Gorefiend: The former follower of Gul'dan, currently resurrected as a death knight.

Screenshots
Click to show
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Credits
Click to show

Message from Enoshima (creator): Thank you hiveworkshop for supporting my campaign. If the models I need are collected, then I might continue with the preparations for the next campaign.

These are the hiveworkshop resources in use, based on the automatic credit generator:
Resources in Use by Tides of Darkness: Orc | HIVE

Miseracord, dmitry rommel, eXciTe, Mister X, minkeun0806, sc_freek, Wyrwuulfe, Meanmachine, wingednosering, YoshiRyu, General Frank, Blizzard Entertainment, Carrington2k, Final Tyrant, darklord_avalon, Prmosquito, vile, Jetfanginferno, Waggawagga, Kuhneghetz, Tranquil, dickxunder, taurer, cavman, anteabte, takakenji, deolrin, sellenisko, cloudwolf, wandering soul, epsilon, anvil, proxy, handclaw, freddyk, whitewolf8, dhguardianes, dcrimson, herrdave, 67chrome, olyvian, mr.goblin, shiik, darkfang, twovenomous, gottfrei, blazekraze, sin’dorei300, mister_haudrauf, ujimasa hojo, Alok, zephyrius2412, A.R., mrhoon, scias, Stefan.k, prizraknadache, nightelfbuilder, loktar

Special Thanks
Click to show

Message from Enoshima (creator): Thank you hiveworkshop for supporting my campaign. If the models I need are collected, then I might continue with the preparations for the next campaign.

These people helped in various ways in bringing the campaign to hiveworkshop.
Quinten- map description title picture, Deepstrasz/Cleavinghammer- various things, Tuwnew- map template.

Change Log
Click to show

ToDOvA0.027- Initial Upload

Contents

Tides of Darkness: Orc v2.0 (Campaign)

1. borrelancedragon

borrelancedragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok i tried to play this and i came across some problems. First problem batriders are invisible they are not selectable i can see their shadows and they attack but cant use them. Second problem is the game is just crashes every time on chapter6 loading screen.

2. Redbody

Redbody

Resources:
    Resources:
    fix Loading screen in chapter 2 it don't show name the chapter it show :
    Chapter two
    chapter two

3. natass9

natass9

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, this is really awkward. Someone was posting on reddit about a Chinese video maker stealing that Reforged video of Enishima’s campaign only 1 day after it was posted on youtube.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av78414734

There are two issues with this. First, that person did not acknowledge he took the video directly from the youtuber who originally posted it (cooperthecamper).

Second, and the most shameless aspect, is that the campaign was originally made in Chinese, then brought to English community, then posted on youtube (for users who understand English to watch), and then stolen by a Chinese user and posted on a Chinese video website. He was even too lazy to provide the link to Enoshima’s blog (cooperthecamper actually provided the link to Enoshima’s blog in the youtube video description.)

So, Chinese people who watch that video on that Chinese video platform will not even realize that they are watching a Chinese language campaign, because the uploader did not add the link to Enoshima’s blog.

This is really embarrassing. And it happened only ONE DAY after it was posted on youtube. Seriously, at least wait a week before you steal videos!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@

4. Redbody

Redbody

Resources:
    Resources:
    The campaign really good but in chapter 5 in Hard mode the SCQ is really hard cannot do it in 7 minutes because :
    + you start with only 5 unit 2 Death knight and 3 dragon rider
    + the game start with food only 40 and it already 33 your time build the Orc Burrow , ship and train units took a lot of time
    + During Sail to kill Tide Princess the Gilneas legion clear half of my base only have 3 minutes left to kill her
    i have to cheat in order to completed the quest , have anyone complete the SCQ in 7 min ?

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Don't steal at all. Credit because people will still watch yours if you provide fresh and desired content. That, if it's not an exact rip. Otherwise it's not OK at all and should be reported by any means possible.

6. Ilya Alaric

Ilya Alaric

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude, that s look cool, really. :3 Buuuuut..... don t you guys know why when I click on chapter 1, the screen blackened and in background I hear just that sounds from of "Infernal falling" from Reing of chaos menu? And why after 15 minutes wasn t happening nothing?

7. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wait 'till you play the next chapter (six) on Hard and see if you can survive at least 10 minutes on Hard :eekani:
    Anyway, in chapter five I rushed in the enemy bases, destroyed the magical pen and stepped on both eastern and western platforms to activate the bridges to make the allies attack the humans. But I DID NOT attack any enemy unit whatsoever. I only rushed to activate the bridges. Doing so will make your day a lot easier. The allies will start attacking humans until they destroy the northern human base, plus the humans will start attacking them as well, so you'd take some pressure off your base that way too. So I recommend activating the bridges as soon as possible, while at the same time paying some attention on building your base.

8. Redbody

Redbody

Resources:
    Resources:
    wao nice :d i will rush to activate the bridges as soon as possible
    p/s : have tried your ideas and both my allies team had been cleaned by uther :d so i cheated to win

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  9. Redbody

Redbody

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see the chapter 6 is easier than chapter 5 there is some tips for you and some new to map :
    - TheSCQ : you need a lifesteal item from chapter 5 for Zul'jin and buy a scroll of speed in the shop for him to rush to 3 generators and destroy it
    + the Frist one : easy to destroy , solo kill with those units
    + the second one : use MoonSoon to clear fast
    + the third one : you have 2 options , one is lure and kill all of them slowly , two give Zul'jin some tank item to use Monsoon on them remember NOT standing on tower range
    - Defense base : maxed revive skill and aura level 2 for Teron , buy bear , spear troll , some tanky item for ogrim , build at least 4 tower Remember to stun the starfall and wait to revive 6 units back and you win the chapter

10. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll try it out. Thank you.
    I remember I was having huge problems holding out against three constant enemy waves with three Windrunner Ranger heroes. In my opinion, the AI mechanism isn't really suitable in this campaign. It's kinda weird... The attack waves are very frequent, almost abnormal. Now, I haven't been using any cheats, because I don't wanna be a noob, but, come on... Having so much struggle on Easy difficulty in chapter six is ridiculous. The difficulty system looks as if it isn't balanced well, in my opinion.

11. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haha sorry, I was playing on Easy. Didn't know humans are THAT strong on Hard :eek:2:eek:2

12. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Forgot one: Spoken unit lines sometimes don't match the subtitle, e.g. Zul'jin's guard "What do you mean?" / "What is the meaning of this?".

13. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Phew, now this was a helluva adventure that I yearned for to see in a WC2 campaign remade into WC3. I've just finished the campaign and, as I previously mentioned, here's my review:

Let's start with the things I liked:
    - the story was pretty interesting. It covered most of the events from WC2. Also the overall WC2 spirit of playing the campaign. Almost every unit that is imported is made to look and even sound like the actual unit from WC2. For example the Death Knight unit looks completely the same from WC2, except without Frost Armor and Death and Decay abilities;
    - one thing that I personally liked is what creator did about the Horde's honor. I didn't know the orcs fought with honor in WC2, since they fought after consuming the demon blood, having Warlocks, Death Knights and Dragons amongs their ranks (especially Warlocks and Death Knights, who raise dead and only seek death and destruction in brutal ways for the Horde), etc. I thought they were just a bunch of bloodthirsty savages, pillagers and murderers in control of the demon masters from Outland. So good job for the creator making clear the fact the orcs are no longer in control of the demons after Orgrim became the Warchief :thumbs_up:;
    - characters are interesting too. Although this is the orcish campaign, I suppose there could be some more focus put on human characters rather than just the orc characters. On Anduin Lothar as a Supreme Commander of the Alliance for example. Than there were Urok as second-in-command of Orgrim in the original WC2, Tharok, Killrog The Deadeye, the leader of Bleeding Hollow, who appeared only in the last cinematic of the campaign, etc.
    My favourite character is definitely Orgrim for being a reasonable, honorable and inspiring leader of the orcs, which is how he was presented in this campaign. Although I imagined him being ruthless, bloodthirsty and merciless Warchief instead :smile:;
    - the custom units were amazing, especially the Amani Trolls and orc female units. It's unfortunate the Amani Trolls aren't playable in a base-building chapters, but instead only in a macro missions. Same goes to Berseker orc female units. They are much too similar to Amani Trolls. I liked the Amani Trolls and Bersekers for having a Frenzy, I found it really handy. Also, I liked the Amani Bear Rider for being a great tanky unit with the amazing Pulverize ability, mixed with Bloodlust makes him a real beast. Couldn't have agreed to put anything else on him. Slow but deadly, a perfect tanker;
    - challenge missions. Even though I only succeeded in three missions, I enjoyed playing such challenges and have hoped to play some more, but I was a bit disappointed there weren't any after fifth chapter. Maybe it's because those secondary objectives are only available on a Hard difficulty and I've been playing on Easy after beating third chapter? I'm not so sure;
    - the terrain of maps is well made. Lordaeron is really made the way it should look like during the Second War.

Now, the things I disliked:
    - goblins haven't been introduced in the campaign. We all know goblins are skilled engineers and were crucial to the Horde in Second War. They were building Zeppelins and their Seppers' Kaboom could've been very useful when fighting through large troops of enemy humans;
    - humans didn't have Paladins. Paladins were first introduced in WC2 as a main enforcement group of humans, made to match Ogres and Death Knights of the Horde. And here the only paladin was Uther, if I remember correctly. Having paladin knights in this campaign would surely make the campaign more challenging and harder to beat;
    - shamans in chapter eight. On both Blackrock Clan and Twilight's Hammer/Stormreaver Clan there were Shamans amongs the ranks. Plus, they are trained at the Spirit Lodge. They also appear in some other chapters. In the original WC2, there was no Shaman as a regular spellcaster unit. Only Warlocks and Death Knights, since Gul'dan casted aside Durotan and his Shaman followers even before WC1, stating they are focused on nature which is a downfall of the orc ways;
    - in chapter five and seven, Rend was missing. He only appears at the ending cinematic of the seventh chapter and is nowhere to be seen while fighting the humans. In my opinion, he should've been fighting alongside Maim, or even have a seperate base;
    - strange and unexplained events. Events that caught my eye are next:
    1) How are there Ogre Mages in chapter five under the ranks of Blackrock Clan led by Maim (eastern ally base) when Altar of Storms hasn't been made by Gul'dan just yet?
    2) Gul'dan and Cho'gall are both Warlocks? Isn't Cho'gall the Ogre Mage in the original WC2?
    3) How are Gul'dan and Cho'gall chanelling the runestone's magics to create an Altar of Storms when the Altar of Storms existed since the beginning of the campaign? And how is that Altar never made?
    I suppose the creator should replace the Altar of Storms with, for example, Altar of Fallen with a different model of building to respawn player's fallen heroes.
    4) Why is Gul'dan's stats based on Strength instead of Intelligence? (this one is not so important, but I suppose it should be changed too);
    5) What happened to Zul'jin after chapter six? It hasn't been explained. Did he die off-camera?
    6)
    The question that made my head feel dizzy is how did the humans regroup and drive the Horde from Lordaeron's Capital City all the way back to Blackrock Fortress in Blackrock Spire after their Capital City lied in ruins in chapter seven? Mixed forces of Orgrim's and Maim's Blackrock Clan units have pushed all the way to the main king's gate, destroying all the Alliance's bases on the way. The Alliance stayed without any strike force after that impact, so how did they recover so fast?
    Orgrim's scouts should have informed Orgrim that Gul'dan and Cho'gall abandoned them before attacking Lordaeron's Capital City. What creator did here with chapter seven has no sense.
    7)
    Why is the main quest in chapter eight to kill Cho'gall? Isn't he supposed to live and join the Old Gods after Twilight's Hammer and Stormreaver Clan's defeat at the Broken Shores?
    8)
    Why are there crucial heroes presented like random, unimportant after beating the challenge quests? For example, Garithos in chapter four and Daelin Proudmoore in chapter five? They are alive and well in WC3 THT, not dead in a WC2 timeline lol.

By the way, there are some minor bugs I've ran into while playing the campaign. I'll list some of them:
    - Amani Troll's form change has no description in chapter two;
    - Orgrim's Bladestorm's description says "Blademaster" instead of "Orgrim";
    - Enchanted Shield (not sure that was the name of the item, but the icon was the same as a tier two orc armor research in a War Mill), the item that gives 4 armor and 50 hit points, actually gives 3 armor;
    - Troll Batrider has no model and can't be selected. I suppose this is a patch issue, since the same problem appears in some other custom campaigns of WC3;
    - in chapter seven, Orgrim's Storm Bolt has no description;
    - in chapter eight, Barracks, Spirit Lodge and Beastiary have no description.

Overall, the campaign is very enjoyable to play. As a fan of WC2, I've been having some great time playing it, but the AI difficulty system doesn't seem to be balanced well, so in my opinion I think there has to be some work on improving it a little.
    And I think there should be one more chapter where a player has to defend the Blackrock Spire against the onslaught of the humans while the orcs make their way throught the portal back to the Outland. Since there are some major story events that happened there, like Orgrim killing Lothar, in my opinion, a well-made campaign like this deserves a crucial tenth chapter to fit the storyline and the epicness just fine :grin:
    Also, Rend and Maim's faction is called "Black Tooth Grin Clan", not just "Blackrock Clan". So it might has to be fixed, but not super important.
    I'll give 8/10 to the campaign, mostly because of many unanswered questions and strange events that were imported in the campaign. #ForTheHorde :grin: :thumbs_up:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  14. Redbody

Redbody

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think Zul'jin return to his tribe and fight along there vs high elves , i really confused where he was

15. I love war III

I love war III

Resources:
    Resources:
    It doens't work for me, when i start with Blood Sea, the only thing i see is black screen. I'm using 1.27 patch.

16. Redbody

Redbody

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try to use 1.30.1 , it worked very well

17. Re uben

Re uben

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ineed help too, myn ended error during i want to play mission 6 Split, how can i fix it ?

Sorry i need help everytime i try play level 6 split this happent, how can it be fix ?

i need help, sorry i mean when i plan to play chapter 6 Split i got an error, how do i fix it ?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2019
  18. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wait for the next patch, or go back to 1.30.

19. Winterwolf

Winterwolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Chapter 6 doesn't work

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Re uben please stop spamming the thread with the same message.
    It is mentioned here Tides of Darkness - Orc you should not play this with 1.31.1 but probably with 1.28+.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019