1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Tides of Darkness v1.05

Submitted by Unhit
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The latest version of an AoS-style map with some RPG elements by Unhit and zwaq, finished now, two years after the previous version and coming with many big changes to it, like a totally new terrain, a new item system and new heroes etc etc. Have fun playing, and if you liked it, please visit us on our forum at http://beam.to/tides =) also if you already knew the previous version(s) you will find the patchlogs etc there (which probably isn't too informative if you haven't played the map before).
So anyway, have fun playing it :)
Contents

Tides of Darkness v1.05 (Map)

Reviews
12:56, 5th Nov 2011 Vengeancekael: For those who still wanna play this, a user has fixed it for the newest patch: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/189022/
  1. 12:56, 5th Nov 2011
    Vengeancekael: For those who still wanna play this, a user has fixed it for the newest patch:
    http://www.epicwar.com/maps/189022/

2. ziNv

ziNv

Resources:
    Resources:
    huhu, nice dass ihr neue vers habt ^^

3. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Jo, endlich mal :)
    Hi btw =)

4. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is so much better then DotA or ToB. Hopefully this will become the next popular AoS-style game on b.net.
    -VGsatomi

5. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey,thanks for the positive comment :) (I didn't read it only now, just thought I'd reply).

Also thanks for these best wishes, but we are certainly experiencing one big problem at the moment: popularity. When I'm hosting the map public it's not such a big problem to get the server full, and when people find out I'm the creator I usually get good feedback. Only the overall amount of servers hosting ToD is small :(

Well anyway, just my randomg 50 cents :p

6. kideternity

kideternity

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found the map very very enjoyable to play, but I'd never rehost it 'cause I don't support map protection. It slows down the development of the map making comunity as a whole because every new map maker has to learn everything from scratch. Imagine if every generation mankind had to start over from the stand point of running around butt ass naked in the woods killing rabbits with muddy sticks for survival. Good map though, game play wise.

7. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the comment.

1.04 is betatested at the moment, so expect a release soon and be sure to check here in a week :)

8. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Allright, version 1.04 is released!

Here the changelog, for all those of who you are interested ;)

9. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Reuploaded a greatly renewed version! For more check http://beam.to/tides
    Enjoy!

10. frooker

frooker

Resources:
    Resources:
    In my opinion the best AoS map made so far.

(Buff Pala(!))

11. undeadflamingo

undeadflamingo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Amazing map. Incredibly addicting.

12. LordForcystus

LordForcystus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I bet this is falling on deaf ears, but this map is no longer compatible because of patch 1.24, and no longer runs.

13. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for both the comments, the great compliment and the hint! :) I am well aware of the fact because "unfortunately", this map also used handles. I'll try to fix it once I've got time to do so and once BEER BEER, which has higher priority due to the higher popularity, is fixed.

14. Leak-

Leak-

Resources:
    Resources:
    http://beam.to/tides doesn't properly work anymore :(

and map doesn't run on latest warcraft 3 version :(

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  15. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey there! Yeah, unfortunately our webspace provider has suddenly had troubles or whatever and all our online contents (forum and blog, also with all the news about BEER BEER) was gone. As I did not expect this possibility, there was no backup. Also, as you mentioned, unfortunately that one big patch with the handles also made this map unplayable, but maybe there will be a fix to come, or a new version of it for WarCraft IV ;)
    Thanks for your feedback and message on the map page anyway, even so many years after the first upload!

16. switchtotems

switchtotems

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I got this version of map repaired ... i took my name into the credits for now and gave credits for the original map making i hope people will enjoy again this map ... more ... soon ... i will repair BEER BEER map also wich had a 5/5 rating of 5 . Heres the link to the repaired version http://www.epicwar.com/maps/189022/ the map is protected for a faster loading and because of .slk imported scripts to make it move faster and load faster . Optimized with vexorian's optimizer . Have Fun !

17. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think I played this before, gonna try it again ! =D

18. switchtotems

switchtotems

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    On request i will post the unprotected version ... open source for anyone who loves the map to continue it !
    Things to be done : 1.rework the .slk files for faster movement and avoiding lagging gameplay for some of the players . 2. add new features !
    Have Fun and post here a comment if you want the unprotected version or add switchtotems@yahoo.com . Have Fun !

19. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, switchtotems, somehow I only noticed your posts now and didn't get an e-mail-information. I can't express how honoured I feel. I will have a look at your fixed version as soon as possible. Wow, just wow. Thank you so much for your effort!