1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Quilboar Tribes

Submitted by foje tit
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Weabo Productions Presens

The Quilboar Tribes
Created by foje tit

Map Info

Play as the one of the Quilboar Tribes and dominate the other tribes into submission

To play as Quilboars select Orc and set the handicap to 90%

The Original Map is Blasted Lands by Blizzard Entertainment

The map has been modified so that it won't look the same then

Features

• New Units
  • New abilities
  • New Techtree
  • New Items

It won't spoil much since that's the magic hehehe

Selecting Orc and setting the handicap to 90% to an AI will set that AI to play

There are two AI, The Bristleback Tribe and Razorfen Tribe

Quilboar Lore

Quilboar are a race of boar-like humanoids native to the continent of Kalimdor. They have long since battled for the rights of their lands against the orcs since their immigration from the Eastern Kingdoms. Many people simply call them "boar-men" or "pig-men".

Quilboar are primitive, resilient, fearless creatures who inhabit the central Barrens of Kalimdor in the labyrinthine maze of thorns called Razorfen Downs. After the War of the Ancients and the subsequent Sundering of the world, the quilboars' surroundings became increasingly hostile. Forced to fight for food and precious land against both tauren and centaur, they developed into aggressive and efficient warriors.

Though well able to handle themselves in a one-on-one battle, they are not above striking from ambush or even sacrificing themselves to destroy even one of their many enemies.

Screenshots

Spoiler

Image Description:
Quilboar Units

[​IMG]

Image Description:
Terrain Screenshots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Image Description:
Gameplay Screenshots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Credits

Special Thanks:

Special thanks to:

The Hiveworkshop and Blizzard Entertainment

Credits to;

Spells;

Chaosy
-BerZekeR-
D4RK_G4ND4LF
Dynasti
forsak3n
LITHUFFIN
nitina12
Paladon
RMX

Tools;

Magnus Ostberg (aka Magos) (War 3 Model Editor)
Shadow Daemon (Button Manager)
The Prophet (WC3 Viever)

Resources;

AlienAtSystem
Army-of-Pandas
Cavman
Crazyrussian
Callahan
Direfury
Deolrin
dhguardianes
Edge45
erwtenpeller
Em!
Frankster
FunkyDude44
garfield
General Frank
Grey Knight
GrandKaiser
HammerFist132
Hawking
Heinvers
Illidan(Evil)
jj84
Kuhneghetz
LotK from Clan CBS
Misha
Mr.goblin
Mythic
Naze
Nosferoh
~Nightmare
Pyritie
Pelsen
Situ
stan0033
The Panda
Uncle Fester
Ujimasa Hojo
Valve Company
Wandering Soul
Xtream Game Modmaking

Especially Mister_Haudrauf for the Quilboar Race bundle where all of this started

Other;

tulee
cleavinghammer
Diegoit
Kyrbi0
Kobas

For those owners of resources who are not credited please notify me
and I'm sorry :)

Author's notes

I focused the gameplay of the quilboars somehow;

• Ally Dependent
  • Strong tanks
  • Good Disables
  1. Agamaggan the primitive boar god combat style is somehow reckless but he always prioritize destroying the enemy spellcaster
  2. Harpies are the selected air units for the race as some quilboar painting had shown harpies
*Seems like Razormane Speaker is too op ignoring 20 damage and Razorfen tribe is mo fun

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here:
Map Description - Templates

Contents

The Quilboar Tribes (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Why aren't the bats selectable like the other neutral passive units (critters)? Avatar of Agamaggan is not mentioned in the altar's description. I find it a bit forced that you need an upgrade to make the boars you summon from an item more powerful....
  1. lichao001486

lichao001486

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is very good custom race map.

2. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thank you

but I still need some balancing

and hows your lizardman race going?

3. lichao001486

lichao001486

Resources:
    Resources:
    Selection of model have been finished.

4. SgtWinter

SgtWinter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "Hey nice map, imba AF"

Just played it with a friend. T'was fun to mess around. Though while they're weak early game, they can tech up to same insanely overpowered crap! They get quite strong, it's insane. I like the aesthetic of the race itself (And that Force of Nature effect when units get trained, nice touch, I admit). Although I do suggest that you replace the default abilities already used by the default WC3 races (like the Cyclone and Faerie Fire from the Harpies) with a custom ability.

Also, the AI needs improvements. One of the AI (The Bristleback Tribe if I recall) simply made Tier 1 units, and it made it quite easy for me to storm through them with an upgraded army of 10.

Other than that. Very neat. Custom races are always okay in my book!

5. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the kind review, I'll take note. I will improve the AI's behavior and abilities.

6. you cant guess my name

you cant guess my name

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Custom Race was actually pretty good and as winter said they are way too imbalance late game, so i made a list of every unit
    1-Draftee: tbh i dont see myself using this unit late game, it has low hp , low damage and the upgrade dosent even matter because he deals such a low damage, i would rather have hp boost upgrade
    2-Quillboar Hunter: pretty good and can be used late game to stun heroes
    3-Quillboar Aggressor: a good unit for teir 3 even tho that axe deals pretty damn much for a normal unit maybe make it 100 instead of 200?
    4-Quillboar Geomancer: starts with 190 hp :p??, and them not getting any mana is intentional? because they have like 1 mana regen per 3 sec
    5-Harpy Witch: as winter said the first ability should be replaced since night elf already have it, and the curse shackle is pretty op i mean they cost 2 food, you can easily mass them and stunlock all the enemy army, not to mention the 50% evasion
    6-Thorn Weaver: after you upgrade them to master training they only have 240 hp for 4 food? i dont see myself using them even with the op abilitis
    7-Hog Raider: Pretty decent siege unit even tho leaping ability on a unit dosent make a whole let of sense
    8-Harpy Dance: i rather change cyclone since druid of the talon already have it but if you combine harpy dancer's cyclone with the witch's shackles you can stunlock all heroes with shackles and their units with cyclone
    9-Druid of The Tusk : distruption is pretty damn op i would rather have it deal damage to summoned unit not instant kill them and their boar form, CHAOS DAMAGE ? we all know there is no chaos damage on any race :p maybe make it upgradble and change it to pierce, summon tusk spirit is pretty broken xD if u get 8 druids you can make an army out of nothing, ya they can be dispelled but 4 is way too much, melt on a boar? i better not ask
    10-Briarback Prophet: ok here where the imbalance begins silence for 30 SECONDS ? even lvl 3 darkranger's silence is only 24 and this is a normal unit that can be massed , it have chaos damage which is broken, and he have mana version of death and decay xD i think he should cost at least 6 food and not 3
    11-Razormane Speaker: Broken tbh more op than the mountain giant since he have buffed version of hardend skin and he cost 2 food less also he have that orb ability

7. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the review,

I have increase some units hp and have decrease the hp added by the Hide upgrade. I have increase the damage and hp for Draftees. At the earlier i have 100 damage for Aggressor i will change it back. Tier 3 units are op especially Razormane Speaker (Most Tower deal only less than 5 i think).

I have made some changes and will modify some like you said. This 2 reviews helped me. thank you.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Why aren't the bats selectable like the other neutral passive units (critters)?
    2. Avatar of Agamaggan is not mentioned in the altar's description.
    3. I find it a bit forced that you need an upgrade to make the boars you summon from an item more powerful.
    4. Briar Touch and Coverage of Briar have the same icon.
    5. Bloodshard Orb's description doesn't mention what damage it does.
    6. Too many Thorn based abilities.
    7. I think Boar Catapult should also deal some damage upon impact since it only stuns for 1 second and it takes quite a while for the projectile to hit the area.
    8. Flying heroes are totally imbalanced. The ability should only last a couple of seconds, max 10 or so.
    9. Essentially Green Fury is like the Avatar hero's AoE spell.
    10. Blink+Invisibility? Imbalanced. The unit casting Invisibility is an enemy as the hero icon flashes like being attacked.
    11. Rapid Slash, also too powerful. You cannot stun/stop the hero from multiple times attacking one target for instance.
    12. Passive abilities shouldn't be first or before active ones unless they're before the ultimate. Exchange Native Bash with Impale Slide.
    13. Impale Slide is just impale+a trigger made Blink.
    14. Try using less AoS type spells as they don't fit in melee or properly edit them so they would not give too much advantages to heroes.

You should differentiate as much from regular Warcraft III spells as possible. Some are basically copies with changed names and icons.
    Needs proper balance. Some spells don't require mana and their cooldowns are not that big. Also, the units having those abilities could be quite powerful when many. Proper testing is required.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/