1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Quilboar Tribes

Submitted by foje tit
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Weabo Productions Presents

The Quilboar Tribes
Created by foje tit

Map Info & Features

[​IMG]

Play as Quilboar Race and discover the new power in the Barrens. With a new working custom race with new units, heroes, abilities, items and buildings. Discover the World of Azeroth and pay heed to the Boad God, Agamaggan. Enjoy the new adventure with customize music, tileset, and environment.

To Play: Pick Orc as Race and set your handicap to 90%(Also works with Computer AIs if you want)

2 maps; one suitable for patch 1.21-1.28 while the other supports 1.31 with widescreen

Techtree

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heroes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Original Map is made by Blizzard Entertainment it is (8)Blasted Lands

This map has 18 Goldmines

· 8 are starting goldmines

· 8 are expansion

· 2 are another expansion with higher gold amount

This map has 34 Neutral Camps

· 8 green camps

· 12 orange camps

· 14 red camps (8 which are starting zones)

Video by theUnknownGameplay

Screenshots

Spoiler

Image Description:

Quilboar Units

[​IMG]

Image Description:
Terrain Screenshots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Image Description:
Gameplay Screenshots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Tips & Tactics

Overall

· Quilboar units have low hp regeneration which can be help with the Briar Touch ability from the buildings, increasing their hp regen when they are near to building which have a briar on its building.

· Tribal Treasury has some items that can help you summon units to help you in early creeping.

· It is more micro.

· Spellcaster have 2 inventory slot while others can carry only one.

· Pick which unit you should train and what is their use.

· Remember that inferior number could lead to disadvantage.

Heroes

· Tuskmaster – This hero is the first one I made and did not undergo many changes since I was satisfied with it. It is a Warrior/Tank Hero and can go in and out of the battlefield using Impale Slide, Native Bash and Ancestral Mark just make this hero stay longer fighting melee battles, Lastly Tusk Infusion stuns enemy around and can help in breaking away from an ambush or turning the battle in your favour.

· Berserker – Just like Tuskmaster, the Cutting Edge ability function like Impale Slide only more Bloody and without stun. Inflicting Spill adds dps to the hero’s attack and to make it last Enchanting Blood ability heals units as they attack enemy. It can survive clashes but its forte is being an Assassin Hero, targeting 1 unit at a time the Rapid Slash ability can help in quickly disposing lone enemy units before it could prove a threat during a clash.

· Guide – The Support Hero its first ability the Entangling Magic quickly disable enemy units. Wind of Feathers gives protection to this hero by sending enemy into a cyclone. Guide’s Ball is great power up spell since it boost armor and heals while can also reduce armor and health of enemy units. Healing Wish is somehow an AOS spell but this can cast to ensure the fate of all allied heroes and to preserve them for much longer.

· Avatar Summoner Hero, Aga’mar Call ability summons 2 powerful boars that can have the berserk ability, Chaotic Blessing ability allows you to control an enemy unit for a period of time, Jewel Renouncement will punish enemy units who tries to take the hero, and Omen of Blood is just a cliché summoning thing that summons Aga’mars. Well that’s how this hero look but it also a complex micromanagement with this one. You can be overwhelmed by too many units and being not able to use the hero capabilities.

UNITS

· Draftee – This unit has an average attack speed and health. With numbers and Madness Grip ability it can overpower weaker units during the early game. But it is still inferior against the capabilities of orc’s grunt.

· Quilboar Hunter – This unit is a most for your army. Longer ranged by upgrade and Stunning Shot ability allows this unit to be the best ranged tier 1 in the game. It is irreplaceable in your army so try to have 4 of it.

· Aggressor – This unit is a good replacement with the Draftee unit of tier 1. Even though it has a slower attack speed its nuking capabilities is still good. Spirit Axe deals magical damage in an area and Aggressive Stance puts leverage during melee combat.

· Hog Rider – I started this as a meme ahahahahaha….. The Raiding Leap ability allows the unit to jump…yes to jump from a distance. This unit is very fast in manoeuvring the map and with its Demolishing Axe ability it can literally backdoor the enemy. While your main force fight, some of this unit can just go and destroy their defences and buildings easily.

· Harpy Dancer – Has a very good scouting capabilities even during the night. It can also punish other flying units through melee which means it is a good match with the Harpy Witch, you just disable a flying unit then the dancer hits. Evasive Feathers is a tricky ability which allow this unit to evade but also it is squishy.

· Druid of the Tusk – this unit is quite tricky even I hardly use it to its real capabilities. Its disruption ability is good against summoned unit since you destroy the enemy summon while you replace it with yours. See works well against undead. It can summon 3 tusk spirit with the help of its ability when you are in Ancient Boar Form… Melt a passive ability works just like the Firelord’s passive ability Incinerate. So this unit needs a lot of micro training a many of this would be great but also will take a toll on you.

· Geomancer – is a good support spellcaster. It has the Peek ability which is literally the Far Sight/Reveal ability, let’s continue; Ground Staff ability heals the target unit and a slams cause enemy units around to be slowed. So why does it affect undead? Well this can be supported with Lore, The light which Paladins power came from is almost identical to the power of Elune and Geomancy so that’s why. Detection, heal and lastly it can summon Earth Crystals which is a strong ward unit.

· Harpy Witch - An excellent disabler unit. Faerie Fire can wear the target’s armor and reveal it for some time. Curse Shackle is a channelling spell which binds units this is why it has a nice mix with the Harpy Dancer. Torment Lot literally curse everyone in around. It also has the Evasive Feathers ability which can cover it squishiness.

· Thornweaver – A DPS Offensive Spellcaster. Solar Bolt deals dps damage and can summon a Thorn. Thorn Conversion summons thorn from destructible (trees,etc.) And Vine Invasion is aoe dps spell which literally can hurt a clustered army. It is a powerful unit but also needs micromanagement more than others.

· Razormane Speaker – The Tank of the army, literally the mountain giant of the quilboars. Armored Chieftain ability ignores damage which make it a really nice tank and Bloodshard Orb ability can summon an orb which attacks units, is in locust ability and give an aura that increase the damage of friendly units. A two or one of this would be enough.

· Briarback Prophet – I really like this unit has a great magical damage. This is the Anti-Spellcaster of your army. Arcane Zone ability creates a cloud of arcane magic which destroys mana every second and Prophetic Dismissal ability silences your enemy making them unable to cast a spell. No Mana and can’t use a spell, spellcaster would be useless against this.

Quilboar Lore

Quilboar are a race of boar-like humanoids native to the continent of Kalimdor. They have long since battled for the rights of their lands against the orcs since their immigration from the Eastern Kingdoms. Many people simply call them "boar-men" or "pig-men".

Quilboar are primitive, resilient, fearless creatures who inhabit the central Barrens of Kalimdor in the labyrinthine maze of thorns called Razorfen Downs. After the War of the Ancients and the subsequent Sundering of the world, the quilboars' surroundings became increasingly hostile. Forced to fight for food and precious land against both tauren and centaur, they developed into aggressive and efficient warriors.

Though well able to handle themselves in a one-on-one battle, they are not above striking from ambush or even sacrificing themselves to destroy even one of their many enemies.

Ten thousand years ago, during the War of the Ancients, the mighty demigod Agamaggan came forth to battle the Burning Legion. Though the colossal boar fell in combat, his actions helped save Azeroth from ruin. Yet over time, in the areas where his blood fell, massive thorn-ridden vines sprouted from the earth. The quilboar, believed to be the mortal offspring of the mighty god, came to occupy these regions and hold them sacred. The heart of these thorn-colonies was known as the "Razorfen".
After the War of the Ancients and the subsequent Great Sundering of the world, the quilboar surroundings became increasingly hostile.
The Quilboar would eventually settle within the Barrens and wage war against the other races living within the region, like the Tauren. This way of life would move forward without incident until the beginning of the Third War. Under the guidance of a mysterious prophet, the Horde left Lordaeron for Kalimdor. Soon after landing on Kalimdor the Horde would quickly befriend the Tauren and make enemies of the quilboar who attacked them on sight. Generally treating the quilboar as a nuisance, the Horde fought them when provoked but striking against the quilboar was not a top priority. However circumstances did force Rexxar and his companions to seemingly wipe out a group of them some time after the Third War.
The quilboar tribes make the homes throughout Mulgore, Durotar, and the Barrens and defend their territory, while striking out against the Horde. While most tribes are independent, the Razorfen tribe have seemingly entered into an alliance with the Scourge, who have bolstered their forces with them and allowed Amnennar the Coldbringer to transform Razorfen Downs into a Scourge stronghold.
In the wake of the Cataclysm a group of quilboar raided Horde water supplies due to their own being cut off. Warchief Hellscream led a Kor'kron strike team against but the quilboar proved to be too numerous for them to handle and the Warchief and his men were timely intervention of Baine Bloodhoof and his forces. With the quilboar on the heels the Horde was forced to retreat out of the tunnels where upon reaching Hamuul Runetotem caused water to pore from a gash in the earth. While many of the quilboar were swept down, others were merely knocked to the ground. However due to having a now active water source this group of quilboar was seemingly convinced to cease hostilities against the Horde and both sides return to their homes.
Despite reaching peace with one tribe, the other quilboar tribes have used the Cataclysm to their advantage by expanding their territory and launching full out assault against Horde holdings. In response the Horde has enlisted new recruits to combat the renewed quilboar assaults, with counter attacks resulting in the deaths of quilboar chieftains. Charlga Razorflank manipulated her followers into attacking other races by lying to them that they needed blood to revive Agamaggan. Meanwhile Agamaggan's Spirit has returned to Azeroth and instructs adventurers to put an end to the Razorfen leadership within the Razorfen Kraul for allying with the Scourge.
A Razorfen quilboar named Shagtusk tried to use the dryad Taryndrella to purify the cursed place of Razorfen Downs. Both were captured by Chugara Razorflank and Death Speaker Blackthorn. Aramar Thorne and his group of friends then entered the Downs and with the help of Shagtusk located Chugara and Blackthorn in the Bone Pile. Blackthorn tried to raise Amnennar the Coldbringer and sacrifice Drella to the lich but the effort was ultimately thwarted by Reigol Valdread.
In Razorfen Kraul, Auld Stonespire and the spirit of Agamaggan directed the adventurers to deal with the quilboar there.
Adventurers and Koristrasza entered the Razorfen Downs again and killed the undead quilboar, including Death Speaker Blackthorn. His death resurrected Amnennar the Coldbringer who was put down.
The Briarback tribe can be found in Stormsong Valley on Kul Tiras. They are attacking the farmers at the Amber Waves. The Bristlemane tribe live on the island of Un'Gol Ruins.

source: Quilboar

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • The Hiveworkshop
  • Blizzard Entertainment

Also thanks to:

Credits to;

Spells;

Chaosy,
-BerZekeR-,
D4RK_G4ND4LF,
Dynasti,
forsak3n,
LITHUFFIN,
nitina12,
Paladon, ~
Zack1996,
redscores
and RMX

Tools;

Magnus Ostberg (aka Magos) (War 3 Model Editor),
Shadow Daemon (Button Manager),
and The Prophet (WC3 Viewer)

Resources;

AlienAtSystem,
Army-of-Pandas
Cavman,
Crazyrussian,
Callahan
Direfury,
Deolrin,
dhguardianes
Edge45,
erwtenpeller,
Em!
Frankster,
FunkyDude44
garfield,
Grey Knight,
GrandKaiser
HammerFist132,
Hawking,
Heinvers
Illidan(Evil)
Kuhneghetz
LotK from Clan CBS
Misha,
Mr.goblin,
Mythic
Naze,
Nosferoh,
~Nightmare
Pyritie,
kellym0
Situ,
stan0033
The Panda,
Thrikodius
Uncle Fester,
Ujimasa Hojo
Valve
Wandering Soul
xYours Trulyx
Xtream Game Modmaking

Especially Mister_Haudrauf for the Quilboar Race bundle where all of this started

Others;

cleavinghammer
Diegoit
Kyrbi0

For those owners of resources who are not credited please notify me and I'm sorry:)

Author's notes

Hello everyone, this is foje from Philippines. It's almost a year since I uploaded this in the Hive's Map Section. It was fun making this map. There's already a reforged and I'm not certain if this update will still take people's eyes into this map. Since I'm at home because of the EQC I might still make new maps which will be; Militia Brigade, Gnolls and Uncrowned.

"Daghang Salamat," Thank you very much

Changes

- 1.8a changes

Major Change
Provides 1.31 version of the map that has a weird widescreen support with better music

Heroes

Avatar - renamed to just Avatar from Avatar of Aggamagan
- changed 2nd ability now lets you control an enemy unit
- changed 3rd ability now a passive that provides countermeasures

Blooddrinker - renamed as Quilboar Berserker
- Changed 3rd ability now provides buff that heals
- Cutting Edge now cut trees

Guide - Changed Ultimate now heals allied heroes by 50% of their max life
- Changed 3rd ability now gives a chance to disable an attacking enemy

Minor changes in stats and description

1.8B

Fixed minor descriptions

Scaled armor and health of Razormane Speaker and Aggressor

Aggressor have a faster attack speed and Spirit Axe missile Speed

Change the music to the BFA Music and removed the custom music in the 1.28 version

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here:
Map Description - Templates
Contents

The Quilboar Tribes (Map)

The Quilboar Tribes (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Why aren't the bats selectable like the other neutral passive units (critters)? Avatar of Agamaggan is not mentioned in the altar's description. I find it a bit forced that you need an upgrade to make the boars you summon from an item more powerful....
  1. lichao001486

lichao001486

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is very good custom race map.

2. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thank you

but I still need some balancing

and hows your lizardman race going?

3. lichao001486

lichao001486

Resources:
    Resources:
    Selection of model have been finished.

4. SgtWinter

SgtWinter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "Hey nice map, imba AF"

Just played it with a friend. T'was fun to mess around. Though while they're weak early game, they can tech up to same insanely overpowered crap! They get quite strong, it's insane. I like the aesthetic of the race itself (And that Force of Nature effect when units get trained, nice touch, I admit). Although I do suggest that you replace the default abilities already used by the default WC3 races (like the Cyclone and Faerie Fire from the Harpies) with a custom ability.

Also, the AI needs improvements. One of the AI (The Bristleback Tribe if I recall) simply made Tier 1 units, and it made it quite easy for me to storm through them with an upgraded army of 10.

Other than that. Very neat. Custom races are always okay in my book!

5. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the kind review, I'll take note. I will improve the AI's behavior and abilities.

6. you cant guess my name

you cant guess my name

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Custom Race was actually pretty good and as winter said they are way too imbalance late game, so i made a list of every unit
    1-Draftee: tbh i dont see myself using this unit late game, it has low hp , low damage and the upgrade dosent even matter because he deals such a low damage, i would rather have hp boost upgrade
    2-Quillboar Hunter: pretty good and can be used late game to stun heroes
    3-Quillboar Aggressor: a good unit for teir 3 even tho that axe deals pretty damn much for a normal unit maybe make it 100 instead of 200?
    4-Quillboar Geomancer: starts with 190 hp :p??, and them not getting any mana is intentional? because they have like 1 mana regen per 3 sec
    5-Harpy Witch: as winter said the first ability should be replaced since night elf already have it, and the curse shackle is pretty op i mean they cost 2 food, you can easily mass them and stunlock all the enemy army, not to mention the 50% evasion
    6-Thorn Weaver: after you upgrade them to master training they only have 240 hp for 4 food? i dont see myself using them even with the op abilitis
    7-Hog Raider: Pretty decent siege unit even tho leaping ability on a unit dosent make a whole let of sense
    8-Harpy Dance: i rather change cyclone since druid of the talon already have it but if you combine harpy dancer's cyclone with the witch's shackles you can stunlock all heroes with shackles and their units with cyclone
    9-Druid of The Tusk : distruption is pretty damn op i would rather have it deal damage to summoned unit not instant kill them and their boar form, CHAOS DAMAGE ? we all know there is no chaos damage on any race :p maybe make it upgradble and change it to pierce, summon tusk spirit is pretty broken xD if u get 8 druids you can make an army out of nothing, ya they can be dispelled but 4 is way too much, melt on a boar? i better not ask
    10-Briarback Prophet: ok here where the imbalance begins silence for 30 SECONDS ? even lvl 3 darkranger's silence is only 24 and this is a normal unit that can be massed , it have chaos damage which is broken, and he have mana version of death and decay xD i think he should cost at least 6 food and not 3
    11-Razormane Speaker: Broken tbh more op than the mountain giant since he have buffed version of hardend skin and he cost 2 food less also he have that orb ability

7. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the review,

I have increase some units hp and have decrease the hp added by the Hide upgrade. I have increase the damage and hp for Draftees. At the earlier i have 100 damage for Aggressor i will change it back. Tier 3 units are op especially Razormane Speaker (Most Tower deal only less than 5 i think).

I have made some changes and will modify some like you said. This 2 reviews helped me. thank you.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Why aren't the bats selectable like the other neutral passive units (critters)?
    2. Avatar of Agamaggan is not mentioned in the altar's description.
    3. I find it a bit forced that you need an upgrade to make the boars you summon from an item more powerful.
    4. Briar Touch and Coverage of Briar have the same icon.
    5. Bloodshard Orb's description doesn't mention what damage it does.
    6. Too many Thorn based abilities.
    7. I think Boar Catapult should also deal some damage upon impact since it only stuns for 1 second and it takes quite a while for the projectile to hit the area.
    8. Flying heroes are totally imbalanced. The ability should only last a couple of seconds, max 10 or so.
    9. Essentially Green Fury is like the Avatar hero's AoE spell.
    10. Blink+Invisibility? Imbalanced. The unit casting Invisibility is an enemy as the hero icon flashes like being attacked.
    11. Rapid Slash, also too powerful. You cannot stun/stop the hero from multiple times attacking one target for instance.
    12. Passive abilities shouldn't be first or before active ones unless they're before the ultimate. Exchange Native Bash with Impale Slide.
    13. Impale Slide is just impale+a trigger made Blink.
    14. Try using less AoS type spells as they don't fit in melee or properly edit them so they would not give too much advantages to heroes.

You should differentiate as much from regular Warcraft III spells as possible. Some are basically copies with changed names and icons.
    Needs proper balance. Some spells don't require mana and their cooldowns are not that big. Also, the units having those abilities could be quite powerful when many. Proper testing is required.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

9. lichao001486

lichao001486

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good job.

10. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thanks
    also, how are you?

11. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi. This is a nice custom map, even better with few more tweaks. Keep following your passion, with more races... endless possibilities.

12. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you sir I also want to create more races for the classic.

13. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

Alright. This race is interesting in its own right. However, some minor details like the lumber mill merged with the shop are tricky to notice at first sight. This faction is not pretty strong early on (which is okay), but once you can get the orb unit, you pretty much have most of the game under control. Add some druid of the wild with morph and it gets broken, and perhaps the best build tactic for the race. The spellcasters don't really encourage to be spammed like other factions spellcasters. I find harpies uninteresting. The siege unit pales in combat, but that might be me. Overall, an interesting concept, but I find this faction is about grabbing Druid + Orb-caster Quillboar as fast as possible, at least for me. Some number tweaking could really do wonder with this race.

14. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the feedback, I also think it's like that. I'm considering nerfing the tier 3 units especially the casters. I still don't even have any idea what to with Druid of Tusk that I even removed this unit once.

15. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think I miss the exact name, but I'm referring to the unit that can morph to a beast.

16. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sorry, I misread this post. For the Tusk, I suggest considering the overall design of the faction and what role it should have been fulfilling. An option that can work fast is to nerf the summoning ability of that Druid.

17. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll nerf the druid and also bring some new balance changes on the next update.