• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo Mapping Competition #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I hope I can too...this is the first project I've actually done pretty good on all of the aspects alone.

I also have a quick question. How did you all get an overview of a section of your map for screenshots. if I scroll out far, all I get is darkness :/

Thanks,
~Asomath

Level 9
I don't know if you use GUI or JASS, but I use:

• abc
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Stop music Immediately
      • Sound - Clear the music list
      • Sound - Play CaveSound <gen>
...and the music repeats itself 24/7.
I'm using GUI and I've added three songs, not one. Figured out how to make it repeatable, using a timer and song durations but it works.

Although, when I tried this (without the stop 'n clear functions) it didn't work... I guess that's the only difference.

Level 19
Okey, after a couple of hours working I've created almost everything in the start area. I'll show you two pictures of it. :)

In-Game
The_FloodPic1.JPG
The_FloodPic2.JPG
Overview
The_FloodPic3.JPG

You'll start imprisoned that's why you see those bars. My map will have a First Person Camera and you'll use the arrowkeys to move around. :)

Level 5
YourNameHere, could you provide me with the fully invisible model? Because no matter how hard I try to incoperate one in, it fatal errors.

Level 12
@Asomath
That sounds epic if you can successfully make every part as said. Thanks to you I remembered the prologue! My story would probably be quite hard to understand without it.

{EDIT}

Is there an easy way setting the music to be repeatable?

Sound Editor - (The Music You Want To Use) - Use As Sound - Double Click - Loop

Level 12
These are just some of the WIPs of the suits that Richard Menaris (The main character) can wear, note that they are still in the beta stage.
150541-albums2740-picture22717.jpg

150541-albums2740-picture22712.jpg

150541-albums2740-picture22713.jpg

150541-albums2740-picture22714.jpg

150541-albums2740-picture22715.jpg

150541-albums2740-picture22716.jpg

Attachments

• Armored Shotgun Suit.jpg
    Armored Shotgun Suit.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Heavy Machinegun Suit.jpg
    Heavy Machinegun Suit.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Laser Suit.jpg
    Laser Suit.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 65
  • No Suit.jpg
    No Suit.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Radiation & Smoke Suit.jpg
    Radiation & Smoke Suit.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Toxic Suit.jpg
    Toxic Suit.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 56
Level 12
Nice pic's i love the radiation suit, reminds me of fallout :)

Anyway heavy machinegun suit face looks strange :p

Nice idea though, probably gonna be a sci-fi based which surely is a refreshing idea =)

Nice suits nuuh :)

All the faces look kind of strange, lol. But they are going to be masks for head protection

Since evrybody is doing something that isn't futuristic, I decided to make mine futuristic. Most of the game is inside buildings but sometimes you have to go outside to get into a different building, and for it to fit the other parts ot the theme I added a mystery to the game. The riddles in it are based on knowledge, mostly things in Space that we Earthlings know about but some are from the planet this takes place on (Sernalis), so you really have to listen. Also, when I thought up of traps for this they arn't like boulders or pits. Instead, they are traps set up by your enemies, for example, one of the goons that wants you dead sets up grenadiers on high balconies so that you can't defend yourself aswell. Normal traps, like the ones you guys are probably doing, are also in my map. There is only a small amount of them though. Two of them that are encountered the most are mines, and security alarms.

Level 25
Here is a WIP of the 2nd chamber's entrance.
It is a lot better than the 1st one if you ask me.
But i am going mad since i can't find any good rock/brick textures/models on THW that would suit my needs >.>

Anyway, enjoy this little WIP.

Attachments

• rough_scetch8.JPG
    rough_scetch8.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 128
Level 12
Good Job Kingz! Also check out Arathi Rock, that helps me in almost every map. Just tint it darker if you use it in your dungeon :)

Level 2
I'm quite new to the Hive, but now I'd like to join in for my first contest, haven't made maps like this yet, so count me in :)

Level 12
New Update on my map

Terrain - 0%
Suits - 100%
Units - 50%
Triggers - 0%
Idea - 475%

Overall Percentage - 625%/100%
Overall Result - 0.16/10
Overall Result Percentage - 0.006% out of 1%
Hourly Percentage Constructed - 0.006%
Estimated Finish Time - 966 Hours (40 1/4 Days)

Richard Menaris - Default Character
Johnathan Roswalt - Beat Richard on the "Piece of Cake" difficulty
Derrek O'Neil - Beat Richard on the "Is That All You Got?" difficuly
Shadow - Beat Richard on the "I Should Have Bought Insurance" difficulty

UnSUITable - You cannot collect any suits during the game, and must beat it on only on the basic suits.
Unknown Horros - You cannot activate any flash lights, and dark areas have more horrors inside of them.

Trophy - Beat the game becoming the monster within you
Trophy - Beat the game releasing the monster within you
Trophy - Beat the game, accepting DSRK's and GRS's suicide demands
Trophy - Beat the game, killing the President of GRS and the Leader of DSRK
Ribbon - Do not die throughout the game
Ribbon - Kill Jonathan Roswalt and Derrek O'Neil, your childhood friends
Ribbon - Kill Shadow, your master
Medal - Gain All Ribbons
Medal - Gain all Trophies
Medal - Gain all Titles

"I'm Your Daddy" - Break into every room inside the Hotel and kill anybody inside.
"A Promise is a Promise" - Protect Derrek O'Neil and Jonathan Roswalt for Shadow, without killing Shadow
"A Novice Obeys" - Protect Shadow from GRS and DSRK
"Still Laughing?" - Burn down the Laughing Goat office building, along with its horrors.
"9/11 Was Nothing..." - Hack a Missile Pod and shoot down the GRS Server building and the DSRK Mainstream building, aka, the twins.
"Love is for the Weak" - Kill all women and children in the prisons of GRS.
"Love is for the Strong" - Save all women and children in the prisons of GRS.
"Tesmaniac" - Gather all Tesla Power for any suit.
"Will it Fit?" - Drop a nuclear warhead through a trash chute
"IT DIDN'T FIT! IT DIDN'T FIT!" - A nuclear warhead blew up in your face because it wouldn't go down through the trash chute.
"I am not Merciful" -Gain all titles, trophies, ribbons, and medals.
"Night Stalker" - Kidnap 50 children for Shadow
"Silent Stalker" - Kidnap 20 women for Shadow
"Strong Stalker" - Kidnap 10 men for Shadow
"Racist" - Kidnap 75 Jews or Black Men for Shadow

Nice pic's i love the radiation suit, reminds me of fallout :)

Lol, Im pretty sure that IS the helmet from Fallout just warcraftized
The radiation suits limbs seem a bit thin though, other then that looks great

I don't particularly like the non-suit model. The head seems a bit small and it doesn't seem to fit the futuristic theme. It almost looks like he's wearing a toga.

You also might want to decide on a single face, since his face changes from laser suit to no suit.

I have to say I like the Heavy Machine gun suit the best, its muscular and intimidating, certainly the attire to kill an alien horde (which is no doubt gonna be in your game with all these heavy suits).

For the Toxic suit it almost looks like he's wearing a Luchador Mask (the Mexican Wrestlers with the crazy masks) lol. Nothing against it, it just looks kinda funny.

It seems like your map is pretty similar to games like Halo, just with the whole replaying through different difficulties and such.
I'd recommend that you find some way to increase difficulty without simply boosting the aliens health, perhapes make them more intelligent?

Level 12
Lol, Im pretty sure that IS the helmet from Fallout just warcraftized
The radiation suits limbs seem a bit thin though, other then that looks great

I don't particularly like the non-suit model. The head seems a bit small and it doesn't seem to fit the futuristic theme. It almost looks like he's wearing a toga.

You also might want to decide on a single face, since his face changes from laser suit to no suit.

I have to say I like the Heavy Machine gun suit the best, its muscular and intimidating, certainly the attire to kill an alien horde (which is no doubt gonna be in your game with all these heavy suits).

For the Toxic suit it almost looks like he's wearing a Luchador Mask (the Mexican Wrestlers with the crazy masks) lol. Nothing against it, it just looks kinda funny.

It seems like your map is pretty similar to games like Halo, just with the whole replaying through different difficulties and such.
I'd recommend that you find some way to increase difficulty without simply boosting the aliens health, perhapes make them more intelligent?

I searched for like an hour trying to find a better model but I found nothing.

Also the aliens are probably not going to be in the game but I havn't decided yet. Whats for sure is that these are going to be in the game :
GRS
DSRK
Horrors
Civilians
Cannibalized Corpse

Level 13
Okey, after a couple of hours working I've created almost everything in the start area. I'll show you two pictures of it. :)

You'll start imprisoned that's why you see those bars. My map will have a First Person Camera and you'll use the arrowkeys to move around. :)

Wow looks awesome...I dislike the last one because I think that you may darken it up a little... The atmosphere of your map might be "tenebrous".

Worked on the background info for my game a little bit (Lore):

Long before the story of the game actually starts, many races coexisted on Avra (the continent in which this takes place). The Humans expanded across the continent at a fairly fast rate, becoming the most numerous fast. Though they self imposed a society which made intellectualism difficult and thus lagged behind scientifically, they built relations based on trust and thus remained fairly unified as a whole and were capable of massing large armies and controlling them with ease. The Naga, a race that had evolved out of the creatures of the sea, tended to be seclusive from the other races, but lead Pious lives devoted to religion. This seclusion, which kept them apart from the other races, allowed them to pursuit study of the natural world, and the sea, which from there evolutionary roots gave them a peculiar interest in. The few travelers that have had a chance to meet one noted that they were master architects and had found a way to practice a limited Magic they called Hydromancy. The Gnolls, a smaller race in scale to the other main ones) tended to stay within the forests, trying understand the nature of beasts, with which they identified more with then the other intelligent races. Some were said to have learn Spiritualistic magic, though this claim is often disputed. The Dragons, being the only race with access to flight, tended to live nomadic life styles. Born with a natural curiosity, they tended to chase whatever seemed to interest them, spending times living with other races or pursuing their own goals in solitude.
Though they were forced to exist together, they were not without disputes. Petty in the grand scale, sometimes the races tended to fight. The Humans, using there large size to gain leverage, built large fortresses wherever they settled. Where a settlement started, a fortress was soon to come. Though they were not master craftsmen individually, they accomplished great feats using a group mentality, boring their fortresses into mountainsides, constructing towers that raised so high that from the base they appeared to reach into the heavens. In war they used these fortresses to great advantage, fighting defensively was their specialty. The Naga themselves were quick tempered, and though they often avoided large conflicts, smaller groups could be quickly enraged to violence by arrogant intrusions into there lands and seas. Though only a minority of them fought, the use of Hydromancy allowed them to devastate entire armies if they had access to water. The Naga constructed elaborate structures as there homes - half submerged labyrinths that only the Naga themselves could navigate. This proved very effective, as the humans never lead a successful assault on Naga lands. These wars tended to be exclusive to the Naga and Humans, as the Dragons escaped combat by fleeing to mountains and other places to harsh for the other races - since their life styles were overall nomadic they felt no connection to the land they fled from; the Gnolls had a certain talent for hiding - so great that at many times throughout Human history, they were dismissed as folklore.
Time has not been kind to the Humans and Naga, as time passed their numbers diminished. Though reasons as to why are disputable and up for controversy, they have seemed to dissapear from the continent. The humans seemed to vanish, as if they simply left the continent in search of a new one, leaving little reminder of their existence but the still standing ruins of their former homes. The Naga possibly returned to the sea, as some scholars believe, but along with the Humans they are no longer seen. The ancient ruins of their living places do still stand, but are much more difficult to navigate, thus explorers tend to stay clear of them preferring the more open and less dangerous Human ruins.
Though knowledge of these races has not vanished completely, time has swept the knowledge of these races existence or former existence from more remote regions. In the absence of the other races, the Dragons began to establish themselves as the main race of Avra, abandoning their nomadic lifestyles to more sedentary societies like that of the Humans before them. As of now, only one major city has emerged leaving the other sedentary peoples that have abandoned nomadism small remote towns that survive from bartering the towns specialty with other nearby ones. In small remote towns like these past knowledge has been lost, with only slow efforts to rediscover the facts of the natural world that the races before them discovered.
This sets the stage for the story in the game. You are Char, a young dragon living in a small remote town. Your mom (who's name is unimportant for the matters of the story) had sent you to do some task out in the forest which you grudgingly (my guess would be that Char is comparable to a teenager in terms of character) go out to do (I still haven't decided on what the task is, but its not truly that important for the story). Whatever it is, you can't do it in the normal parts of the forest you normally go through and start searching deeper into the forest where you haven't been before. Starting to wander deeper into the forest, you find a Gnoll Hermit (haven't decided the name yet, but this guy will act like a guide with some of the tutorial aspects of the game) that has lived in the nearby area who advises you to stay out of a certain part of the forest. Dismissing him as a senile old man, and with a dissenting attitude you continue on anyways into the forest. When you find a spot that seems like you can finally find whatever it was that you were tasked to find in the woods, you hear the ground shift under you and you fall in, hitting multiple ledges, statues, etc. on your way to the bottom landing on the floor of some ancient ruins which you have never seen the likes of before. The fall essentially broke your Wings preventing you from simply flying out, and thus the game begins.

K I'm not going to put all that into the game like a cinematic or something, but that is the back story to the game.

Taking Amiguirimi's (meh, that is a hard name to remember how to spell lol) advice I tried to make a Water Pillar. I tried some waterfall doodads just to see what it might look like, I'll remove the particles at the bottom of the waterfall via model edit if It can be accomplished without looking fugly. You guys think I could pull it off?

Note theres one slightly in the backround for easy copy/paste

Attachments

• LolwutWaterPillarofDoom.jpg
    LolwutWaterPillarofDoom.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 108
Level 12
i am dropping out dont ask me why simply i am dropping out but to help you guys i am ready to make 1 Doodad model for first 3 requests; if i like them :)

Can you make me a modern stairs doodad? I want to replace a ramp with a modern stairs doodad but the only one I could find was one with some wall attached to it and I couldn't use that

Status
Not open for further replies.