• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo Mapping Competition #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
hm i could also show 1 W.I.P screenshot. Look at the brazers normaly their are light in them but its bugged somehow oO
and i will place more doodas in the future
WIP 1.jpg

I don't hope a labyrinth in sewers >D
nono their wont be any seweres in mine :p i just dont know why i didnt think of a labyrinth some before xD

In colloquial English labyrinth is generally synonymous with maze, but many contemporary scholars observe a distinction between the two: maze refers to a complex branching puzzle with choices of path and direction; while a single-path (unicursal) labyrinth has only a single, non-branching path, which leads to the center. A labyrinth in this sense has an unambiguous route to the center and back and is not designed to be difficult to navigate.

Actually your thing is far from a Labyrinth Amiguirumi (I too thought labyrinth just meant really complicated maze sort of thing) but I looked it up and a Labyrinth really only has one really complicated main route.

Nice UI OMG

-I asked this earlier but no one head it - is there a way to hide the UI on the bottum of the screen and have the actual game take up more of the screen?

Hope you can find a good cam system Catch Ya

I asked this earlier but no one head it - is there a way to hide the UI on the bottum of the screen and have the actual game take up more of the screen

Thanks.

But. I didnt know what exactly you meant but i can answer your question now.
No, theres no way to remove the whole UI. You might be able to make it transperant, but it still wont remove the whole UI.

But. I didnt know what exactly you meant but i can answer your question now.
No, theres no way to remove the whole UI. You might be able to make it transperant, but it still wont remove the whole UI.

Dang, would've been nice If I could remove that - I don't really need all that UI so its pretty much just taking up space on mine

Level 25
@Catch_ya

Since you are using SetDayNightModels("","") you destroyed all lightning.

Only several things will now show properly, some models won't show at all.

Some of the fire effects will be gone for good also.

But hell that is the price for that gloomy effect :p

EDIT:

I hate the fact I suck @ terraining, i hope the little details will mask that :p

Level 12
@Catch_ya

Since you are using SetDayNightModels("","") you destroyed all lightning.

Only several things will now show properly, some models won't show at all.

Some of the fire effects will be gone for good also.

But hell that is the price for that gloomy effect :p

EDIT:

I hate the fact I suck @ terraining, i hope the little details will mask that :p

im not that good at terraining either.. but im practising really much. But i think that the dissapearing fire is the SetDayNightModels("","") native worth ^^

Hope you can find a good cam system Catch Ya

i still cant decide if it should be 3rd or normal with a little customization. But maybe to my labyrinth ill do a 1st person camera so u cant see the other ways..

@All: come with some screenshots i like W.I.P screenies :) ill take some myself but i havent done that much terraining yet :/
btw a little screenshot of all the terrain i have done yet -.- (still incomplete)
wip2.jpg

Level 11
Its already mentioned - If you give the credits and have permission (or use something thats legal to use)

Ok great. Thanks. (;

The funny thing is, that dalaren walls work quite well for my map, how do I change the wall types of my map?

I guess you just have to change/add the cliff type with Tile-Extension of the NewGen WE.

IMO warcraft is too limited with size to use music, otherwise I would use a lot of custom music. Although I may add some boss fight music. One of my fave sites is Khinsider, it allows free downloads of video game music, which belongs to the public and is relatively small, allowing for downloads of the musical stuff that was made just for games like warcraft iii. Anyways, go here for some insane video game music.

IMO warcraft is too limited with size to use music, otherwise I would use a lot of custom music. Although I may add some boss fight music. One of my fave sites is Khinsider, it allows free downloads of video game music, which belongs to the public and is relatively small, allowing for downloads of the musical stuff that was made just for games like warcraft iii. Anyways, go here for some insane video game music.

Being single player, and using some sound compression, you can fit a lot of sound and music into a game

Level 5
I'm pretty sure there's a way of changing it without imports. I'll go fiddle around. Thanks for the reply though, and WIP's soon.
So I played around with imported alpha+non-alpha textures, and this is what I got.
I want to be able to see the potrait and let the minimap have its borders, but I don't want to block everything. What should I do now?
vo9xdx.jpg

Last edited:
Level 5
Trying to keep filesize down. It's a grand total of 8kb for all the UI atm.
If it really doesn't work I'll just do whatever you suggested.

Level 5
I know it's nothing.
And I know the max filesize. I've read through almost every page of this thread. By the way.
How do you remove the time-indicator? Or at least, what's the path for it, so I can try to edit it.

Level 11
I know it's nothing.
And I know the max filesize. I've read through almost every page of this thread. By the way.
How do you remove the time-indicator? Or at least, what's the path for it, so I can try to edit it.
Time Indicator paths are:
UI\Console\Human\HumanUI-TimeIndicator.mdx
The time indicator model, replace it with an fully invisible (not corrupt!) one.
UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile-TimeIndicatorFrame.blp
The path for the tile around the clock.

You have to do that for all races, if you're able to choose all races in your map.

Level 25
It seems that for the music i want to use, i will have to contact blizzard and ask for their permision >.>

Since i can't even picture that hapening i am stuck with no music at all atm >.>

@Amigurumi

1. When you upload the submision you must state all the requirements for the map to work/be viewed in WE.

2.After the contest you can upload the map afaik.

Kingz said:
@Amigurumi

1. When you upload the submision you must state all the requirements for the map to work/be viewed in WE.

2.After the contest you can upload the map afaik.

ah, kay, thanks.

hm, if you can't find good music/don't ahve permission, search at newgrounds.com,
there is always good music, and if you give the author credits, you are allowed to use
the music.

Level 25
Asomath said:
Wait, so the Host said that if we want to use copywrited music in our map, we have to contact the creator?

That is how i understood it.

Syleona said:
Music is allowed if the owner of the track allows so, is a under a creative common license, or any other way you gain the rights to use it. It's a non commercial mod project, but even then, some tracks require consultation before they can be used anywhere. I have nothing against using custom music either, as long as it's legally sorted and the whole map does not exceed 15 mb of size.

My map is on schedule for now, but I don't know if I will use so many customized doodads and such. For now blizzard doodads are working out okay since the game is set in that kind of period. Btw, how exactly are we going to upload maps in the case of them being >8 mb?(site rules limits maps attached to 8mb, trust me i checked). One more thing, does indoor terrain have to be raised?

Status
Not open for further replies.