• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo Mapping Competition #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Forget him - pretty much everything I've seen him post was pessimistic in some way

Hey, im starting to get a bit more optimistic as my terrain comes out. I've always been more of a boss triggerer, not an artistic designer. This contest is good to start learning other abilities. :D

Trust me, I'm actually working on somthing. Im just waiting to polish the first parts design before I show my WIPS.

~Asomath

lol wolf dont count us others out yet silent but deadly(ninjas)

lol never did - it's just fun to generally act like you have a huge ego, with my mad skills it's hard not to have one. I don't really expect to win either, I'm just doing this for fun and love of the theme.

Sucks Bone Knight is out - I would like to see how his idea of modeling the entire level would work out (idk, maybe thats what forced him to quit, I'd imagine thats difficult to pull off)

Level 19
Wow looks awesome...I dislike the last one because I think that you may darken it up a little... The atmosphere of your map might be "tenebrous".

Thanks :) Yeah, I don't like the last picture either. It's taken from World Editor without any in-game settings. Actually the terrain looks alot better when it's alive, instead of non-moving pictures. I'm trying to create a dark and scary atmossphere with alot of darkness, First person, sounds ad such. :)

+rep

i f*ucked them up anyway i will be just as normal in 40 days so you i had to delay

Well hope you heal at a good rate (someone call a Paladin) - it's good to see that your going to continue on your map anyways - I want to see how modeling the whole terrain turns out and if that becomes a feasible alternative for the more model oriented mappers (Not saying I'm one of them lol, just it seems like an interesting concept).

I need you guys' help. I cant decide if this is too much fog.
WiP10.png

Level 14
Hah, I just realized somthing great! My exams are starting next friday and continue until thursday. However, 2 of my 4 classes don't have an exam, and since monday is Martin Luther King day (holiday), I'll have an extra full week off to work on this project. Yay :D

~Asomath

Martin Luther King day (holiday)

Sweet, forgot about that holiday (nice to have a mini break after returning from break).

Anyways updates on my map:
-Got pulling interaction working on a basic level, well work on it a bit more later
-More WiP's coming soon
-Worked more on integrating lore into the map (in idea, not in practice yet)

Hmmmm - now I've reached a problem.

For my Pushing interaction I'd like to use a Hash Table to store the angle that the object has been pushed at so it can be easily referenced again later - but I'm using JNG and thus the GetHandleId function doesn't work. My movement trigger was made in vJass so I need JNG, is there any way to get the GetHandleID functions working in JNG (I may be using an outdated version, I'm not sure - its V 5d, is there a new one?)

GetHandleId

I go to GetHandleId - it says no variables of this type exist
(This is in GUI, which I'd prefer to stay in simply for simplicity, though I could use some custom script if I have to) - how do you use GetHandleId with a widget (how do you tread a widget, since there must be something different for them to keep it seperate from units and destructables (also last time I check using get handle id on a widget in GUI fails, not the functions fault just Blizz's)

Level 11
Hah, I just realized somthing great! My exams are starting next friday and continue until thursday. However, 2 of my 4 classes don't have an exam, and since monday is Martin Luther King day (holiday), I'll have an extra full week off to work on this project. Yay :D

~Asomath

.. slowly but surely I'm getting interested in your project.
You won't show us something before it's nearly too late for it, mh? (;

lol i dont use vjass so thats probably y :p i use GUI

*Gasp* but using JNG without using vJass is like buying expensive crackers to put cheap cheese on them!

(lol, nah GUI's fine, and I use it for the bulk of functions anyways, but whats the point of using JNG without learning vJass, the only other useful things I could think of would be its extended tile editer)

yup i use the tiles and the maximum doodads is a must for me :D but i really hate that its so buggy right now like i cant test maps with it i have to save it close it open it in normal editor test it. or save it in maps folder then host it.

If your using AVG, then that may be your problem. If your virus protection uses that search and contain method, open up your virus vault and see if theres a couple files connected to JNG in there (I think its the w3hack one or something thats important) and restore them. I have to do that every time AVG sweeps my comp, but without that file it won't test.

ah thats it i got avg but i cant seem to find the vault where is it?
EDIT: nvm found it :D i restored it but it dont work this is the message i get.
wehack.lua:437: attempt to index global 'rtc_enabled' (a nil value)

Thats what it normally says if you try to test when the files have been vaulted. Simply save and exit from JNG, then enter it again. It should work fine then

Level 9
- I've been working a lot in triggering, since I'm better at that than terraining. So I've put a lot of things happening in one place without letting the player get bored seeing it. Although a problem stopped my progress. Is there a way to Create/Hide Doodads? (I'm using GUI) What I wanna do is, either create that table above the fire grate (on the right room) with certain dimensions, or even better hide an existing one. If not, mayby there is a workaround?

Attachments

• SC3.jpg
    SC3.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 99
Level 14
.. slowly but surely I'm getting interested in your project.
You won't show us something before it's nearly too late for it, mh? (;

I'm just worried about showing WIPs prematurely, and I'm also worried about showing too much of my project so that it ruins the story line. I've thought of a good way around those two points... it'll just take some time. So, proabably sunday when I FINALLY show somthing after my talk. :p

~Asomath

Status
Not open for further replies.