• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Solo Mapping Competition #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
20030815.jpg

I'm sure she wasnt lying for the Ubisoft part tho.

Level 11
I agree with X-OMG-X and Kingz

Now all of you who aren't even making maps for this contest stop hi-jacking our thread, and the rest of us lets get back on the topic of our maps.

To start that here are 2 more screenshots of my map :)

Attachments

• Shrine.jpg
    Shrine.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Sun Rune.jpg
    Sun Rune.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 107
Level 12
He has decided he could spare some of his team for this lecture.

Though he has a condition. To the admin that reads this: He wants ad space for Ragnarok: Rise of the Deathbringer on HW.

Level 12
Alright go ahead, but if you can't find anybody he will still be up for the job.

Also, he has a lot of posts about this game on WoG (click signature, he is RqK_Bloodhowl), so I doubt he's lieing.

Level 3
Thats one of his programmers who's going to get fired soon...

...And youre off-topic.

Too bad everything changed like this. This contest is a great idea, and im still following it. Cant wait to see the finished maps, and the more screenshots people post, the more awesome the maps look like they will be.

Level 12
...And youre off-topic.

Too bad everything changed like this. This contest is a great idea, and im still following it. Cant wait to see the finished maps, and the more screenshots people post, the more awesome the maps look like they will be.

So is the guy I quoted.

And I do believe that if this contest keeps on going, Ardnived will win it.

Level 11
Yeah I wouldn't be so sure about that either nuuh.

The screenshots are great, but terrain is my forte, you have yet to see the game play, which is important. I think I can make the game play and story good enough to match the terrain, but maybe not in the short amount of time left.

If the host doesn't come till february 15th can we have an extension Pyritie?

The reason it couldn't have an extensions were the lectures but now....

An small extensions would be nice so we can make our maps longer and with higher quality, but it is your's choice.

I'll see about it when we're closer to the deadline.

Level 11
Hi lateris.

Yes. I'm heading the finishing line. It's close. Damn close, as already mentioned (I guess there's still no authorization for the news?).
I have a lot of time during the next days to implement the lore for the second part (Fall), some events and the main-plot.

As a free spirit, someone gave you birth - with a purpose. In the last part you have to fulfill your purpose.

I won't spoil anymore. Stop me please. :X

Level 7
I did not disappear. And I am still here, I don't see the point why is everyone so panicked. All that was planned will go on.

I Am going through the entries to see who is still fully with the contest and who is not. And to count up entries.

I had a really messy two weeks and could barely access internet, I am sorry if this caused any misunderstandings.

Level 7
The music contest thing was a mistake I did. Mainly because I wanted to motivate people to push harder. I did not think too much, and I found the track randomly on my hdd, not knowing exactly what it was.

I am sorry if caused any misunderstanding.

As I see, people don't trust me anymore - and it seems that my tutoring would not have the same effect. And I do need someone who trusts me. I could provide the tutoring provided, but will probably do it to someone who's more interested in it.

If you guys however still want it, and would trust me that I can provide the quality tutoring I've said to provide, I will do so. As well provide useful contacts and similar things that might help you advance.

It's up to you. I had mistaken on doing what I did, and I am terribly sorry about it. :/

Level 11
The music contest thing was a mistake I did. Mainly because I wanted to motivate people to push harder. I did not think too much, and I found the track randomly on my hdd, not knowing exactly what it was.

As I see, people don't trust me anymore - and it seems that my tutoring would not have the same effect. And I do need someone who trusts me. I could provide the tutoring provided, but will probably do it to someone who's more interested in it.

If you guys however still want it, and would trust me that I can provide the quality tutoring I've said to provide, I will do so. As well provide useful contacts and similar things that might help you advance.

It's up to you. I had mistaken on doing what I did, and I am terribly sorry about it. :/

I am definitely still interested. The impression Wolfe_Orscythe has given me of you, makes it hard for me to believe that you had stolen it with the intention of passing it off as your own.

Though music distributed on Newgrounds is distributed under a Creative Commons License, I suppose it would have still violated the contest rules.

@Equal, An interesting thought.

Level 7

pyratia say something

Level 27

Well, it sounds logical and I think we could forgive you the accident with music. Nobody is protected from idiotical mistakes.
Altrough I still want to linch someone...

Level 11
pyratia say something

He already did.

Syleona has been disqualified from this contest (Music Contest #1).

Please just continue with this contest and the solo mapping one as usual. I will handle the investigation.

If you cause any sort of argument or whatever about this then you will get negrep. We will handle it.

Level 7
I have spoken with Pyritie.

As he stated, it's up to you guys if you want me on this or not. I want to prove myself with the prize, and I am not going to let anyone down.

I told him, that if you guys want me, I'll provide the prize. If not, I will leave it to someone else.

That said, anyone who is still interested in taking part should post the winning entries. I am also willing to extend the deadline by a week if that might help anyone to get back on the roll.

Sure. I'm still in. (;

Only one thing: don't extend the deadline, please.
There was enough time to create an entry for this contest.

Ooh I noticed in your trailer video that my ice cube model's extents are screwed up :0

Want me to fix that or do you want to? You basically have to open it in magos' editor and do Edit > Recalculate extents

Level 11
Ooh I noticed in your trailer video that my ice cube model's extents are screwed up :0

Want me to fix that or do you want to? You basically have to open it in magos' editor and do Edit > Recalculate extents

Uff .. I'm not really familiar with the modeling-stuff. On the other hand:
I don't think it's that necessary because the cam-settings are static the whole time.

There's no single pan within your stay in the temple of correspondence. :>

Anyway, thanks for the offer. ((;

Level 25
Since i redesigned the starting area and replaced a LOT of textures, here is what the start area looks like now, also some parts are intentionally blackened.

Though it is gonna be close i think i will be able to finish it by 15th.

And yes i do have permission to use all those resources.

Attachments

• newWip.JPG
    newWip.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 125
Level 11
Personally I could really do with another week, it would really help me to round out the gameplay, fix bugs, and do some thorough testing. Hopefully I might have enough time to add that small area afterwards that I had wanted which would really help get a better cliffhanger ending than the one I am planning right now.

However if you guys insist I will do my best to finish by the 15th. Like Vergil I am putting myself under a lot of pressure to finish something good.

But De.Facto, of course it was easy for you to finish on time, you don't have to worry about combat, enemies, abilities, balance, or the like because you are doing a point-and-click game. Wish I had thought of that, it fits really well for this theme. And all you have to worry about is terrain, plot, puzzles and the cameras.

Looks really nice Kingz :D, great gothic environment as Eccho said

Level 3
Finally, the contest is back on track :thumbs_up:

Oh, and after Kingz posted that screenshot i dont know who will win anymore. What would happen if 2 maps would get the same amout of points(both first place)?

Level 14
I suppose I should mention that I'm still in this contest, and working away at my entry. I haven't decided on a name yet, nor have I picked suitable screenshots (my terraining is nothing nearly as amazing as the likes of Kingz or some of the other contestants :crazz:), but I can tell you all a few things.

It's primarily a puzzle game, inspired by the likes of Myst and Monkey Island. My environment of choice is caverns/caves/dungeons, which I note is a popular choice. There's a large variety of puzzles, between your inventory, dialogue, and the peculiar mechanisms in the dungeon. I will be using light and sound a lot; some of the puzzles depend on them! There's even a plot (a first for me, anyway!).

I would definitely like to have an extra week for polishing up, betaing, and so on. Time pressure is hitting me pretty badly, and it's very hard to strike a balance between an impossible puzzle and a beatable one when you're doing the Myst thing of not providing much explanation. My submission would probably fall on the 'impossible' side right now, meaning no-one would even see half of it :csad:.

That said, if the judges decision is to continue with the existing deadline, I'll still submit what I have (possibly with (mandatory) walkthrough).

Status
Not open for further replies.