• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Solo Mapping Competition #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
You always with your TKoK! lol. We're going to improve it!
YEAH!!!

And gl in those 10 days:D
Well you know, I'm part of Crimson Creations. Gotta advertise ^^

But yeah seeing how much I did only today I can say that if I don't loose my motivation I can finish that map till the end of the weekend. You know how fast I work ^^

W.I.P´s & Story

[off topic]Whoa...
Sry, Uni is breaking my balls here. God, I had so much free time when i still went to school^^[/off topic]

Anywayz, (If I finish in time) my story is about a little orc who trys to find herbs to heal his mother. His search turns into a tiny anventure when he has to cross the scrary forest, the forbiden marshes and of cours the temple of potential doom. muhhahaha.

Um, heres a few wips... nothing amazing. enjoy!

Attachments

• wip01.jpg
    wip01.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 136
  • wip02.jpg
    wip02.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 108
  • wip03.jpg
    wip03.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 100
  • wip04.jpg
    wip04.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 104
  • wip05.jpg
    wip05.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 107
Level 12
[off topic]Whoa...
Sry, Uni is breaking my balls here. God, I had so much free time when i still went to school^^[/off topic]

Anywayz, (If I finish in time) my story is about a little orc who trys to find herbs to heal his mother. His search turns into a tiny anventure when he has to cross the scrary forest, the forbiden marshes and of cours the temple of potential doom. muhhahaha.

Um, heres a few wips... nothing amazing. enjoy!

It has to be indoor and 4/5 of your WIPs seem outdoor

Level 11
I am still in but it is cutting very tight for me, instead of dropping out cause I couldn't make the deadline I've basically just been cutting out things.

It wont have the polish or game length I would have liked, and the story will be something of a cliffhanger, and the boss fights might not be as good as I would have liked in fact I don't think I will be able to have your NPC allies (well now 1 ally) fight in the boss battles because that requires a higher level of AI.

But all in all I do think it will still be good :)

True, true, but can't miss the chance to gain knowledge from an experienced Game Designer using only Wc3 MapMaking knowledge!

That's what we are here for is it not. :) Though the mapping is fun as well ofc.

Level 25
I hope the triggering judge won't deduct points in the trigger aspect of my map since i coded a Special effect system for my needs instead of using xefx :3

Anyway @ Ardnived

I think you have the best chance of winning when i saw your terrain.

I just hope i will be in the 1st 3.

Level 19
I don't have any respect for stealers. People are working hard on several things and others trying to get the honour by stealing other people's work is just sad. It's like watching Tour de France nowadays.. but that's an offtopic.

I hope Syleona comes back because that would be most fair for you, but I have no respect for Syleona anymore because it's a sad thing what she (she right?) tried to do.

Level 25
I am tunning up my boss system atm.

It features the following possibilities:

3 phase declarations, each phase can have 4 rawcode declarations, 4 chance to proc declarations and 4 priority declarations.

The next thing i am building is boss timers, intervals and phase switching options.

All of that should be done and tested by end of tomorrow.

If anyone is interested in this system after i finish making it i will provide it to the public.

Level 8
a new judge??? fi Syleona is absolutly out then the contest would be over, because iem sure that most of the ppl here are just for the "lecture" and the icon and points are much btw.

I think i would then just quick finish and thats it.

hm...

Level 11
Yeah personally I joined for a chance at the lecture. But I am willing to keep working and hope she returns by the deadline.

I think things should just be left as is, as long as someone checks the submissions to make sure they are made on time. A judge can be chosen immediately after the deadline if need be.

Last edited:
To be completely honest with you guys I'm not even sure how legit she was about working for ubisoft after I heard this news about her stealing in the music contest.

I have a few contacts with other developers but they're not gonna be giving a lecture. But I could maybe see if they could give you free advice or something equivalent. All of them are indie though.

Last edited:
Level 19
I can give free music lessons to those that want to reveal the mysteries of the bassguitar!!!!! woooot

Level 8
To be completely honest with you guys I'm not even sure how legit she was about working for ubisoft

OU! this hurts as a cold rusty hook in your chest....
As a very impulsing person i was fighting with my motivation, and lucky i could keep me doing the map finish(forcing me ofc ,too).

But lets wait for her staitment, mb it is just a missunderstanding.:bored:

Level 23
It doesn't look like a mistake for me... then that must be something serious timed stuff she got, like having a vacation right after the incident...

I was voluntaring for the second judge, now when I think of it (lets make it exaggerated) it was an evil plan:p, leaving the other judge completely alone to make the work... I hope you got my silly joke, but I am not going to judge this contest (alone). (I only said I was interested in helping anyway)

Sorry Syleona

Last edited:
Level 11
If you were next to me right now I'd punch you in the face.:slp:

Me too :slp:

Eccho, that would be a massive waste of time on her part, and with no point. :|

Let's just leave it alone and wait for her statement as Equal said.

If this does turn out to be a misunderstanding or an isolated incident we aren't doing any good by speculating over this. :|

Can you imagine how many people don't even want to make a map unless they get something in return for it. It just proves how pathetic some people here are.

If you really need a reward to be able to make a map, I'd suggest you reconsider why you're here.

I think you missed the point of a contest

Level 25
You see i never said i want something in return, i only said i lack motivation to finish things...it isn't directly related to greed but long good quality projects which i usually start and end alone...

Anyway i am still gonna make the map, if for nothing then so that at least all my work i put in it won't go to waste, i would never let that happen.

Level 12
Ok guys... My friend on my website (WorldofGamerz) is creating a new game called Ragnarok: Rise of the Deathbringers (for PC I think).

Anyways thats not the point, I'll ask him if he can spare somebody to give lectures to the winner if this "ubisoft" worker doesn't come back.

Level 19
This whole situation makes me feel like a 14 years old girl finding out that the boy she's been msning with for a while is actually a 50 year old fatass...

so is the contest cancelled now (when she doesn't come back)?
well, I think I could finish it in time, but if it's over now, I could spend more time
into my model...

No no, the contest is still going. I'll just have to organise a different prize for the first place winner >__>

Pyritie is a she!

:U

This started alot of questions in my head.

Is Syleona a girl or is she(he) just saying it?
Is she even working for Ubisoft?
Why did she steal the music? - Did she steal the music?
Her drawings i've seen, are they even her creations?

This is a really bad situation and i really dont hope she's guilty.
That wouldnt give the contest a good result.
And it isnt really motivating me in working hard on the map.
But lets wait to see what Syleona says.
I think we should stop talking about it for a while and lets see what happens.
I mean, yes, it happened that Syleona maybe is guilty, but that doesnt mean we should stop talking about our maps. And maybe it is just a big misunderstanding? I think everybody should just chill for a while about that and continue the maps. Most of us have done a really nice job on our maps and it would be really sad if someone is dropping out now. My suggestion would be to just work as you would have done without this problem. Then we'll see if we are going to get lection or not. There would still be given reputation and award icons for the winners i think. Its not as much interesting than the other award, but we really deserve it after this. If its true, she's a thief.
Well, sorry about the big wall of text, but it should make some people chill down a bit. Remember that awards arent the biggest thing around here. Think about what nice projects there will come out of this, and remember than you, and only you, made it.
Im near the end of my map and i will finish it and then if we have more time, i will ofcause do whatever i can to improve it. I wont really be motivated as if it was for a contest, but i will still finish it. Im actually a bit proud of the result and that i've made it in such a small time - alone. You should be the same. Be proud of your project and you'll also be motivated to improve it. Anyway, as i said before, sorry for the big wall of text.

Chill down everybody, lets hope its a misunderstanding, and get working on your maps! ;)

~x-omg-x

Status
Not open for further replies.