• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadows of Ashenvale

Shadows of Ashenvale
The Burning Legion's corruption has spread throughout Ashenvale.
Now only Demon hunters can exterminate the rest of the demonic troops...

Shadows of Ashenvale is the last part in Warriors of Azeroth Series made by Sansaney. The campaign takes place in parallel with three other campaigns in the Warriors of Azeroth series. The campaign begins on the eve of the Battle of Hyjal between the Legion and the defenders of the World Tree. Malfurion Stormrage decided to take an extreme step and call a squad of demon hunters into battle, which he never really trusted. The commander of the hunters, a valiant elf named Gureth gathers warrior. Their goal is to stop the Burning Legion and its servants, the Satyrs.

Find out how the story ends in the campaign itself!

Features of campaign

- Interesting plot
- Custom abilities of the hero
- Two new races
- New music score
- 16 chapters, 7 interludes
- Challenging missions
Recommend play on 1.26 version!

[7/01/2020]

Map Uploaded.

Credits

[models:]Xgm site for models
[and Xgm users]
TOTORO, ANIME, KET,
FEARSTARTER, RED VIII
vdvMAX, DERS,
Erkebulan, ALASTOR,
Hexus, Kosyma
ELRAT, COFFIN666
_VIRUS_
[Musical Groups]
FILTER, GODSMACK,
THREE DAYS GRACE,
PAPA ROACH
Translated made Lord Nefarian! Campaign made in 2011.Author of campaign Sansaney! Permission in screenshot. Campaign originally posted here: Воители Азерота - Тени Ашенваля скачать. Other series in campaign 1.Destiny of Blood Elves. 2.Calm Before the Storm. 3.Paladin

Previews
Contents

Shadows of Ashenvale (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Generally, a good campaign with nice fan-fiction story that could use some more techtree tweaking and improvements to deviate more from the original Warcraft III experience. Some bugs here and there of which one breaks the completion of a map...
Level 5
so i downloaded this cAN PLAY THIS LONLEY OR SHOULD FIRST I PLAY OTHER CAMP TO KNOW STORY OF THIS CAMPAIGN

Level 5
You can play it. Cause the story takes place in parallel with other campaigns. In other words: yes. But some of the plot points will be incomprehensible.
SO WHAT IS OTHER CAMP I MEAN(( FIRST CAMP} WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD GIVE ME LINK THANKS

Last edited:
Level 2
This is one off the best campaigns i ever played soo far. It has many diffrent things i loved the story.I was suprised about the satyr race and demons. This campaigns was so amazing and i reccomend others to play this amazing campagin.

Level 10
This is the best campaign out of all 4! Interesting story as well. It reminds me of "Malfurion's quest" by Turnro. There are many similarities to it in terms of story. Very ambitious as well. It is easily bigger than the first, second and third campaigns combined. Probably.
5/5

Level 3
Hi! I'm stuck on chapter fourteen. The log says: 'get close to the glaive throver to use it' , Igo there and nothing happens. Then go along, the tip says use a yellow rune and a gold one. I step over them and again nothing happens. I use patch 1.31.1. What sould I do?

Level 9
Hi! I'm stuck on chapter fourteen. The log says: 'get close to the glaive throver to use it' , Igo there and nothing happens. Then go along, the tip says use a yellow rune and a gold one. I step over them and again nothing happens. I use patch 1.31.1. What sould I do?
About glave, look in ability. About to jump use ARROWKEYS.

Level 10
TO BE CONTIUED?! Damn, I thought this is a complete campaign. Considering that it includes 16 chapters, you would think that it would be enough to reach a conclusion for the story of the series of these campaigns.
such a shame that it is not planned to be continued lol. I appreciate what we got at least.

Level 4
It looks like it's going to be great, I'm really looking forward to playing it to see how it works.

Level 13
The first half of this campaign is enjoyable and cool, but the more you play the more becomes painfull...
1) MANY things are not translated, like 2 abilities of Gureth(the ulti and the one with the "Sacrifice" icon)
2) use more custom icons, i don't really care about graphics or thing like that but in this campaign there are many new "buttons", but most of the icons are old one's, also some icons don't have sense, like some of the Demon's buildings.
3)The ability to make demon hunters immune to spell doesn't slow them

Sghifo.png

4) TF i'm supposed to do here?? of course i've enabled "whosyourdaddy" because i'm stuck in my base, also the Painlord is so weak, i've used him only for the aura and his ulti
5) The hyppogriphs have doom?? it isn't a little too much? I've just trained a lot of them and spammed Doom to kill everyone...
6) in Theramore Chapter, each time one Zeppelin goes down Gureth says the same Quote, Also the enemies zeppelin are the most annoying thing, you don't know where they spawn and they are fast... I've lost my patience there... at least put shared vision with them! Also a model is missing in this chapter
7) Mask of death with max level gureth makes him almost invincible, i've destroyed Orgrimmar just with him and the painlord... Also where the ghost is in that mission?
8) The undead Grunts are only an obstacle, they are only ""usefull"" for killing the first orcs guarding the entrance of the city, then they just or attack you or try to attack the catapults in the upper ground, my suggestion is to make them at least ally with you
9) the fight between gureth and thrall and Cairne was just me watching the screen as gureth slaughtered both of them, also the messagge saying that i'm a cheater popped out but i didn't use "whosyourdaddy" on that chapter, only "iseedeadpeople" because i wanted to check if i missed something
10) Mask of death after this chapter doesn't work, dunno why...
11) in Mulgore Plains if Tyrande destroys gureth base, you can still play but if gureth or the Painlord dies, you cannot resurrect them, also the game crashed when i almost won...:ogre_rage:
12) The battle with the Mountain Giant... Pain for my soul... The idea is cool and everything but its really painfull, when you get close to a Glaive thrower the ability pops out, BUT if you don't see it, you go away for jumping on the Giant, you will not be able to reuse that Glaive Thrower, so the Mountain Giant won't reach 5000 life and the Rocks that block the last path won't break, i had to open the map editor to find out this and had to replay the mission, also make the Glaive thrower invincible please...
13) in Draenor conquest i liked the "new race" idea but, the icons are really out of place... Also the Lordaeron Call ability of the Eredar is pretty useless, i mean, 125 mana for spawning a Ghoul?
14) the orc chieftain and the other 2 Grunts trapped with him are invincible even when you free them, so i just destroyed a base with them because no one can touch them
15) When in the Battlefield of the second last chapter, if you use the teleport ability of gureth the game will crash
16) in the last mission it says that is required to chop down 4000 trees but you in reality you have just to summon kil jaiden (it is supposed to be a secondary quest, not main)

There's more to speak about but these are the most important things,
Personally i prefer the other campaigns, also Satyrs in early game are pretty useless, in fact i only used gureth, seems like the developer haven't tested some levels, many fixes and many Translation should be done, many tooltips are or wrong(like the one of the Den, saying that Peasants will carry more Lumber) or missing, 3/5

Level 9
The first half of this campaign is enjoyable and cool, but the more you play the more becomes painfull...
1) MANY things are not translated, like 2 abilities of Gureth(the ulti and the one with the "Sacrifice" icon)
2) use more custom icons, i don't really care about graphics or thing like that but in this campaign there are many new "buttons", but most of the icons are old one's, also some icons don't have sense, like some of the Demon's buildings.
3)The ability to make demon hunters immune to spell doesn't slow them

View attachment 373194

4) TF i'm supposed to do here?? of course i've enabled "whosyourdaddy" because i'm stuck in my base, also the Painlord is so weak, i've used him only for the aura and his ulti
5) The hyppogriphs have doom?? it isn't a little too much? I've just trained a lot of them and spammed Doom to kill everyone...
6) in Theramore Chapter, each time one Zeppelin goes down Gureth says the same Quote, Also the enemies zeppelin are the most annoying thing, you don't know where they spawn and they are fast... I've lost my patience there... at least put shared vision with them! Also a model is missing in this chapter
7) Mask of death with max level gureth makes him almost invincible, i've destroyed Orgrimmar just with him and the painlord... Also where the ghost is in that mission?
8) The undead Grunts are only an obstacle, they are only ""usefull"" for killing the first orcs guarding the entrance of the city, then they just or attack you or try to attack the catapults in the upper ground, my suggestion is to make them at least ally with you
9)
10) Mask of death after this chapter doesn't work, dunno why...
11) in Mulgore Plains if Tyrande destroys gureth base, you can still play but if gureth or the Painlord dies, you cannot resurrect them, also the game crashed when i almost won...:ogre_rage:
12) The battle with the Mountain Giant... Pain for my soul... The idea is cool and everything but its really painfull, when you get close to a Glaive thrower the ability pops out, BUT if you don't see it, you go away for jumping on the Giant, you will not be able to reuse that Glaive Thrower, so the Mountain Giant won't reach 5000 life and the Rocks that block the last path won't break, i had to open the map editor to find out this and had to replay the mission, also make the Glaive thrower invincible please...
13) in Draenor conquest i liked the "new race" idea but, the icons are really out of place... Also the Lordaeron Call ability of the Eredar is pretty useless, i mean, 125 mana for spawning a Ghoul?
14) the orc chieftain and the other 2 Grunts trapped with him are invincible even when you free them, so i just destroyed a base with them because no one can touch them
15) When in the Battlefield of the second last chapter, if you use the teleport ability of gureth the game will crash
16) in the last mission it says that is required to chop down 4000 trees but you in reality you have just to summon kil jaiden (it is supposed to be a secondary quest, not main)

There's more to speak about but these are the most important things,
Personally i prefer the other campaigns, also Satyrs in early game are pretty useless, in fact i only used gureth, seems like the developer haven't tested some levels, many fixes and many Translation should be done, many tooltips are or wrong(like the one of the Den, saying that Peasants will carry more Lumber) or missing, 3/5
1) MANY things are not translated, like 2 abilities of Gureth(the ulti and the one with the "Sacrifice" icon) Can you please send me screenshot or something so i can see it.
7) Ghost held back the Horde and Alliance forces in Mulgore
9) Dunno why you have this, when i test everything is okay(version 1.26)
10) Mask of Death dont stack with orb effect(Gureth third spell)
11) in Mulgore Plains if Tyrande destroys gureth base, you can still play but if gureth or the Painlord dies, you cannot resurrect them, also the game crashed when i almost won...(Also dunno why this happening, i tested and everything was fine)
14) Will fix
15) Strange, i will look)
Anyway thanks for review.

Level 13
1) MANY things are not translated, like 2 abilities of Gureth(the ulti and the one with the "Sacrifice" icon) Can you please send me screenshot or something so i can see it.
7) Ghost held back the Horde and Alliance forces in Mulgore
9) Dunno why you have this, when i test everything is okay(version 1.26)
10) Mask of Death dont stack with orb effect(Gureth third spell)
11) in Mulgore Plains if Tyrande destroys gureth base, you can still play but if gureth or the Painlord dies, you cannot resurrect them, also the game crashed when i almost won...(Also dunno why this happening, i tested and everything was fine)
14) Will fix
15) Strange, i will look)
Anyway thanks for review.
15) it crashes after the Cutscene where tyrande talks to his army.
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (10).png

These is what i found, The Ghost tooltip is missing only in the final mission i think

Last edited:
Level 3
The story and the gameplay of this campaign are good but there were things that i thought were unnessecery. For example when Gureth is dueling the dreadlord it would give you warning wich ability you were suppose to use, i though that was out of place since by that stage you already had the idea when is the best moment to use those abilitys.
Plus there isn't a tooltip of Gureth's 2nd and Ultimate abilitys.
In a mission where you were suppose to unite satyr clans if you kill the satyr gang before you have taken the quest with yellow clan it wouldn't count so you had to restart the mission and do it again.
Also in some missions when you encounter an enemy there is a rock music playing all of a sudden and it can't be disabled even if you turn off ingame sound.
The translation could be better aswell.

But overall i did enjoy the campaign it's pretty solid. I give it 3/5.

Level 5
I whish it was war of Ancients story not Custom story becuse war of Ancients is best warcraft book and also wow lore😑but no body made Custom campaing for war of Ancients

Level 1
About glave, look in ability. About to jump use ARROWKEYS.
Hi, I really loved this campaign, great work, but I have the same problem, in this chapter, into the final battle with the giant, I can't see any new ability when I get near the glave , and I can't jump with arrowkeys, idk can you reply with some screens or do a walkthrough and link it? 😂 I play with 1.27.1

Level 9
Hi, I really loved this campaign, great work, but I have the same problem, in this chapter, into the final battle with the giant, I can't see any new ability when I get near the glave , and I can't jump with arrowkeys, idk can you reply with some screens or do a walkthrough and link it? 😂 I play with 1.27.1
Look in ability it gave glaive thrower icon. Arrowkeys activate only after you do glaive ability

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. Could use some better custom models for the hunters to differentiate them more. All have the same hue as well.
  2. Instead of the quest Return to be marked as completed, the other, undiscovered one was marked.
  3. Shandris needs a hero glow: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  4. Intimidation and Trueshot Aura have the same hotkey T in the learn ability menu.
  5. Useless to have two Trueshot Aura spells and superfluous to have two Starfall ones.
  6. Why are green dragons enemies to night elves? Same with the furbolgs.
  7. The fountain of mana in the mission where you hunt for Thoridos, has no name.
  8. Magic Defense says it reduces movement speed but does not.
  9. Thoridos is not at fault, it's Gureth. He was stupid enough to trust the other dreadlord.
  10. Actually, the red dreadlord stupidly brought him into a trap and Gureth was crazy to keep going losing all his men.
  11. The camera in this chapter has to be manually reset after each scene as it is too close to the terrain.
  12. Why would Gureth tell Thoridos about his short lifespan? That way Thoridos could just stay away and let Gureth die...
  13. The battle with Thoridos is quite repetitive.
  14. The second and last spell of Satyr Gureth have broken descriptions.
  15. He lost his chaos attack though and became weaker, ha-ha.
  16. He shouldn't smell rotten as he is not undead.
  17. When you meet the satyrs fighting the spiders, you get a message of a new satyr unit (trickster). Why? I mean, you don't actually get the unit. When you find a trickster in a cage, you don't get the new unit message anymore. So, it was a bug.
  18. Why Fountain of Health if it's a defiled fountain?
  19. Disappointed. No strong satyr to fight for control over the gang?
  20. His transition to madness or whatever seems to sudden. There's no remorse or thought about what he actually is/was, a night elf/demon hunter.
  21. Fountain of Mana also looks like a defiled one now.
  22. Lame Satyrs look like Satyrs. It's confusing.
  23. The triggers don't know if a quest requirement was completed if you are in a satyr base region. You have to get out and get back in to complete the clan quests.
  24. The original Corrupted Ancient models are bugged when attacking. They should be replaced by a fixed version that can be found on the site.
  25. Frost Power upgrade looks like a passive ability. It should look active. I suggest custom icons for new things that use preexisting game icons.
  26. Why do you get satyr workers down near the elf base after you gain control over all clans?
  27. The ultimate has the same hotkey as Mana Burn - B.
  28. Heh. I thought he'd take vengeance on the red dreadlord for corrupting him.
  29. Akterdus' Demon ability has text missing in its description.
  30. The purple elves don't seem to send troops to attack. Same with the Shadwoleaves from their island.
  31. Hippogryphs have Doom? Come on. They cost 2 food.
  32. Scout spell's description is broken. The hippogryph scout's name is a line.
  33. Shagrinda is basically Sylvanas. Also, no hero glow or custom model. The Ghost ability should look passive. This could make it look like that: Button Manager v1.8.2
  34. Frost Power says it increases attack of forces of Ner'zhul... Lumber Harvesting mentions Peasants.
  35. The issue with the orb combination is that you remain without air attack for one hero.
  36. The Demolishers quest appears as a main quest on screen.
  37. He's got to be kidding. Starving a city takes months if not years depending on how they ration food and such. Maybe water could be the problem since they are on an island surrounded by salt water. Jaina could return during that time.
  38. The Captain hero has no glow.
  39. You could train dragons if you don't destroy the roost.
  40. You can potentially destroy the orc fortress without fighting their heroes.
  41. Rexxar says Rokhan was killed. Maybe, behind scenes.
  42. The nether looks awfully like Gureth's torture chamber.
  43. Loading screens are badly made as most of the time they impede vision of the text.
  44. Imps are just dreadlords. Should have another model. I really don't get why some units don't have custom models when the campaign is using custom resources...
  45. Little to no difference between the Fiend and the Imp but the first takes 2 food.
  46. The Wagon has tooltip missing as its description.
  47. What's the difference between the First Draenor Peon and the Fel Orc Peon besides about 900 gold difference?
  48. Armageddon's hotkey is A as for attack.
  49. The Altar of Storms can be used to summon heroes.
  50. The Mountain Giant battle is bugged. Struck the giant three times and one of the rune patters was still first blue, second yellow. Glaive throwers didn't anything anymore and there were no more vulnerable rocks to destroy to open new paths.
  51. Some player units in chapter 15 have very slow movement speed for some reason.
  52. The Mountain Giant hero has no glow.
  53. The Mountain Giant hero's spell descriptions mention 0 values. What does Run away after use mean? That's a lame description.
  54. In the scene after beating Akterdus, troops should be hidden as they get in the way and you can't understand much.
  55. Think Citadels of Corruption should be timed.
  56. High Oaks don't have glow.
  57. Tyrande is sometimes stupid to go to the south multiple times even if you're there so it's easy to just leave immolation on.
  58. Gureth is not only insane but a fool too. Palpatine got him after he realized his plan.
  59. The Plague Lord has no hero glow and looks like a Siege Treant.
  60. Demon towers are silly looking. They look like other troops and don't have a turn animation like the corrupted ones.
  61. The tree cutting number freezes in chapter 16. But the map can be finished anyway.
  62. Baine is too small and has no glow.
  63. Arena crashed the game.
Generally, a good campaign with nice fan-fiction story that could use some more techtree tweaking and improvements to deviate more from the original Warcraft III experience. Some bugs here and there of which one breaks the completion of a map.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 7
This is very awesome campaign, but can you update this campaign? because this campaign still easy for me, add some hero enemy in every chapters and the give them items so they more difficult :piru:

Level 1
I played this one and well, the story is very questionable. Like, a random OC getting OP as heck and pretty much single-handedly killing the majority of Azeroth's most powerful people? Yeeeeah, no
And it's not balanced that well, but I might be wrong about that, it's been a long time since I played it so Idk
I have nothing against "OC in main universe" type of stories of course, but this one just doesn't really sit well with me, the MC is just wayyyyy too overpowered

Last edited:
Level 26
So, this campaign is never going to be updated on this site, only the original russian version was updated since the release? It is a very good campaign, a very promising Satyr Race. I don't have high hopes about the update, but it's very unpolished in the current state. Yeah, I know, lot of work need to be done, etc., just sayin'.

Level 13
One of my favorite campaigns. Bugs, bugs, bugs and unexpected Fatal Errors. I still managed to finish it on 1.27 (first time i finished it at 1.30)

Mountain Giant - missed - thanks for having all levels open. I don't have hours to figure out how to beat this monster: bad instructions for this fight and lack of clarity.
You will reduce the chance of Fatal Error if you don't skip cinematic. Angry and devastating campaign - I like it. Maybe one day someone will decide to breathe new life into it.

Arena: not working. 5 attempts 5 Fatal Errors.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello, could anyone provide updated file with the Mountain Giant mission? I tried deleting those bugged rock chunks myself but then i cant see the campaign in the game, and playing the next campaign without all the items ive collected is difficult af. Thank you

Level 13
Hello, could anyone provide updated file with the Mountain Giant mission? I tried deleting those bugged rock chunks myself but then i cant see the campaign in the game, and playing the next campaign without all the items ive collected is difficult af. Thank you

I have played this campaign 2 times. The first time I passed the Mountain Giant but the second time I missed it. I agree that the difference in the strength of the character with the items you have collected so far and without them is visible. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, with these items I didn't need any other units in the later levels because Guret could clear the entire map by himself! The support you get from the other characters and units in the next levels is so great that I can't agree that the game becomes difficult. In fact, without them (items), the game is slightly but VERY FEW closer to its balanced state.

Level 2
Definitely one of the best campaigns I've ever played and I played quite a lot. Some bugs I ran into:

*if I skip cinematics, then the follow-up will not be the same like when I watch cinematic fully. For example: Gureth will lose all his items if I skip cinematic at the end of map 13(Draenor Conquest). Not only that, he will start as level 1! at chapter 14... I tested it few times to verify this.
**if I skip last cinematic on chapter 16, ancients spirits will not form and attack.
***on chapter 16, quest to cut 4000 trees does not work, counter stops after chopping few dozens. Counter stops somwhere between 3970-3950...

Level 28
Definitely one of the best campaigns I've ever played and I played quite a lot. Some bugs I ran into:

*if I skip cinematics, then the follow-up will not be the same like when I watch cinematic fully. For example: Gureth will lose all his items if I skip cinematic at the end of map 13(Draenor Conquest). Not only that, he will start as level 1! at chapter 14... I tested it few times to verify this.
**if I skip last cinematic on chapter 16, ancients spirits will not form and attack.
***on chapter 16, quest to cut 4000 trees does not work, counter stops after chopping few dozens. Counter stops somwhere between 3970-3950...
Those problems might be related to your game versions, even after Blizzard re-introduced this feature on Reforged (1.35).
I highly suggest playing this on older versions (1.27) until the author had finally fixed those bugs to make it playable on 1.35.