• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contest #13 - Ghastly Realm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Not sure if this counts as a WIP 'coz I've been busy lately and barely made any progress, but here goes! :p

P.S.: Do we upload WIPs of our maps to show our trigger progress or just post the code?

Attachments

• Deadwood (Copy).w3x
    18.4 KB · Views: 50

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

By the way, does the map have to be compileable? If yes, can it be in ugly JASS2 code?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I would take the JH output. Doesn't exclude trigger usage.

Level 10
Can I request help in the forums? or is that seen as teamwork?
If your requested help is a model/icon/skin then it's allowed, I asked Rufus about this.

And here is another WIP, just a small change since I've been doing the Heroes and some spells.
Little Terrain Change.PNG

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Hello. I'm working on a school project to make a game. And this time I'm using the World Editor. And it's quite a coincidence that my little project fits this contest's theme. So I may want to sign my map project into this contest as well.

The title is "Dark Sign". It's a multiplayer co-op third person shooter game. You and folks are asked to raid to an abandoned laboratory to take an important document there. But the copter can't drop you right around the lab area because it's too dangerous to land there (surrounded by aliens).

It's a multiplayer map but only need a single PC to play. However, you can only play it using joystick. And it requires a third party tool so called Sharpcraft. If the rule is okay with that, I will go on to sign in.

I just got started yesterday this what I got for now:
1. Intro scene (class selection)
1.jpg

2. Intro cinematic 1
2.jpg

3. Intro cinematic 2
3.jpg

4. Troops are landed from the copter (cinematic)
4.jpg

5. Starting area
5.jpg

6. Around the starting area
6.jpg

I just got the joystick control working, and those.. nothing else..

Level 21
While your map looks nice and probably feels very fluid with a joystick, most people won't have a joystick and won't be able to test your map at all if that's the only way to play it. And third party tool requirements, regardless of how simple they are to get, are just going to make it more complicated.

I suggest making two versions of the map; a simplified version for the contest with arrow key or mouse controls, and one you can pursue outside the contest with joystick controls and whatever other requirements you want to include to make it play more smoothly for your school project.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
You mean how it looks?
(Yeah the gameplay actually sucks...)
Sorry, but I'm not planning to win this contest only with visual alone.

I suggest making two versions of the map; a simplified version for the contest with arrow key or mouse controls, and one you can pursue outside the contest with joystick controls and whatever other requirements you want to include to make it play more smoothly for your school project.
I will make a tool to allow one play (launch) the map with a single click. And make it playable without joystick: fps mode for single player.

Level 19
Hello. I'm working on a school project to make a game. And this time I'm using the World Editor. And it's quite a coincidence that my little project fits this contest's theme. So I may want to sign my map project into this contest as well.

The title is "Dark Sign". It's a multiplayer co-op third person shooter game. You and folks are asked to raid to an abandoned laboratory to take an important document there. But the copter can't drop you right around the lab area because it's too dangerous to land there (surrounded by aliens).

It's a multiplayer map but only need a single PC to play. However, you can only play it using joystick. And it requires a third party tool so called Sharpcraft. If the rule is okay with that, I will go on to sign in.

1. Intro scene (class selection)
View attachment 253587

2. Intro cinematic 1
View attachment 253588

3. Intro cinematic 2
View attachment 253589

4. Troops are landed from the copter (cinematic)
View attachment 253590

5. Starting area
View attachment 253591

6. Around the starting area
View attachment 253592

I just got the joystick control working, and those.. nothing else..

I think I've just realised that you started your work BEFORE the contest was announced. Therefore, according to the rules, your project can't be used for the contest, unless you want it to be immediately disqualified for not following rules (in this case, starting to work before the contest). While the use of old project is allowed,I don't know if this count as such...

Level 11

Well, if we can take your word for it.

I'd be sceptical that you actually started it a day before that post, but I'm not against it.

There are ways to actually prove you only started when you say you started.

EDIT: I'd also like to remind you all that the contest started almost a month ago. I think there is a lot of time in which this could have happened after the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.