• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #17 - Afterlife Realms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So, I have first WIP. It's just prototype of what I want to do. I imagine hell like dead cold plain. Say what you think, please!

Attachments

• WIP.png
    WIP.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
Level 36
Try lifting the camera to get more sky, remove the flames and less crystals.
The grounds textures don't work too well either, I'd either change them or
do some doodad magic to make them viable. The ground should be less smooth
also. I'd advice, for additions, snow and maybe some deep pits of a frozen kind
of lava or something. Making it more like a "frozen hell" would work too, I think,
and in that regard I guess you could take some inspiration from Icecrown Citadel.

Level 17
For the doodad randomness, this is my first terraining contest entrance and i do not know how you manage to do things like yours in the screenshots, but some of the doodads in my ss are to be removed theyre not an actual part of the "hell" :D

Doodad + Doodad = Something better.

Doodads can either be Rotated (not like normal rotating, I mean upside down), changed in X, Y and Z. These are awesome tools C'mon!

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ials-278/advanced-terraining-tutorial-203428/
Probably one of best tutorials out here.

Level 31
eh im to late for that contest.
btw. for the next contest,i wanna just know it, so where to place the terrain when im done?

You are not too late, there is plenty of time, two weeks is more than enough, unless you don't have time due to personal matters.

Just screenshot your terrain from editor or ingame, crop it out and post it in this thread, saying it is your final entry.

Level 5
So, here's my second WiP, it's something like a frozen hell, this is just the way I imagine hell. I will improve this, of course, I just wanted to share this here and maybe hear some of your opinions.

Attachments

• WiP2.png
    WiP2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
Haven't had any progress in some time now. So I'll just post a wip of what I'm stuck with right now.

145260-albums2772-picture101315.png
GG surrender,i change my title from "Legendary Terrainer" to something another.
EDIT:i checked all posts,and i mean HOLY SHIT,bernkastel is the winner.
P.S. Nobody can beat this,this is even not finish and its better than everything that i have seen before.
I just mean this picture is not from warcraft 3,its from warcraft 4. :)*THIS IS THE REVOLUTION*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.